• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bands live that have disappointed you.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuvKyou

I went to see F.O.B last night and it was AMAZING! XD I lost it..haha..totally lost it, jumping, screaming etc etc. The concert started at 7:00pm and the supporting band played 'til about 8:00pm. After they left, everyone was expecting F.O.B to come on but they didn't. Instead, some other band nobody's ever heard of came on and people started getting annoyed. The band played for like an hour and they weren't oficially supposed to be there as far as I know as they aren't the supporting band or anything. But anyway, in total we had to wait for F.O.B to come out for like slightly more than two hours and when they did come on they only played about 6-7 songs. Then, Pete said that they were going to have a break and come back but that was actually the end of the show. It was wonderful and I love FOB but the unexpected waiting and how they only played a few songs ruined it for me. Are concerts usually like this? What's the longest time you've had to wait for the actual band to come on? Do they always play only 6-7 songs or do they play more? Have you gone to a concert and come out wanting your moneys back????

~Luv.

Tailing Ichigo, following his many exploits!
Website
z6.invisionfree.com
I think i remember a concert that played only played about 5 to 7 songs actually. I think concerts usually play this many but i dont know. Oh, [Luv you sent me a disapointed 'i have to wait here for like 2 hours'' text then again a I loved it text. Youre easily entertained~~ XDD]

I cant remember what band was playing though @_@

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
The only major concert I've been to was Coke Live'N'Local '05. The Spazzys', Spiderbait, Dallas Crane, P. Money and The Living End.

Since all bands were basically top acts, they had from half an hour to an hour to play. The Living End were last though because they were headlining. Was far from disappointed though, TLE are an AMAZING band live.

But Fall Out Boy sound tragic there. 5 - 7 songs? That's less than an hour. You got ripped off. But they're a crap band anyway.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
I'd have been real disappointed. But not if it was FoB, 'cause I don't like them. n_n;

Well, I saw My Chemical Romance once. I'm not a fan of them (I saw them support Muse, who were AMAZING), but I'd heard good things about their live shows, so I suppose my expectations were high of them.

They were kinda disappointing. They came on an hour late. Gerard was running around like he ruled the world, screaming "Let me see your motherf***ing hands, motherf***ers!" for the vast majority of it. They played about seven songs (but they were supporting, so that wasn't unusual), and... well, it sounded horrible, to be honest.

I'm kinda lucky though, in the sense that all the other gigs I've been to were great. ^-^

saratp

Bronze Member
Awards
I went to see F.O.B last night and it was AMAZING! XD I lost it..haha..totally lost it, jumping, screaming etc etc. The concert started at 7:00pm and the supporting band played 'til about 8:00pm. After they left, everyone was expecting F.O.B to come on but they didn't. Instead, some other band nobody's ever heard of came on and people started getting annoyed. The band played for like an hour and they weren't oficially supposed to be there as far as I know as they aren't the supporting band or anything. But anyway, in total we had to wait for F.O.B to come out for like slightly more than two hours and when they did come on they only played about 6-7 songs. Then, Pete said that they were going to have a break and come back but that was actually the end of the show. It was wonderful and I love FOB but the unexpected waiting and how they only played a few songs ruined it for me. Are concerts usually like this? What's the longest time you've had to wait for the actual band to come on? Do they always play only 6-7 songs or do they play more? Have you gone to a concert and come out wanting your moneys back????

~Luv.
aww.. i'm soo sorry.. that must of sucked badd..
maybe something came up and they had to go.
because when i went to see em last year. they came out for
about 4hrs.

anyway no. i was a little sad tho because when i went
to see hawthorne heights (they where with fob)
the stupid person got all me and my sisters stuff mix'd up
and i got to see like 2songs by the,
but i wasnt the band.. it was the people working there.

sorry if i can't use that.
thats all i can think that has ever happend.

Libra

Your Ending Theme
Dragonforce sucks. I heard them play the same riffs for 45 minutes and the singer sang the same verse over and over like it was a never ending song with breaks. I could say the same for Chimera, but they at least make you want to mosh.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
^ D: Oh, really? Damn, that's a shame, I really like Dragonforce.

Can we include supporting bands? 'Cause I've never seen a good support band. The Rakes sucked serious ass, the singer did dumb dances and the drummer's kit was a million times too small D:

Sky Bolt

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
If we're counting supporting acts, when I went to see Evanescence (Who didn't disappoint whatsoever. 16 songs in total. I don't remember exactly how long they were on for.) they were supported by a New Zealand band called Shihad. These guys weren't terrible, but I can't say the same for the spatial judgement of their lead singer. He took the mic stand from the middle of the stage to one side and the mic cable was too short, so it inevitably fell over mid song. Nice moves, moron. They also failed to get the audience to respond for more than a minute to anything they said. "Come on, everyone jump as high as you can!" Yeah, that worked. About 50 people near the stage jumped, and they slowly stopped. Well, with 3 exceptions who kept going for no more than half of the song. Long story short, they weren't too good. Their music was ok, I guess, but Ev got a better reaction from Amy's first few words of Sweet Sacrifice. The song had barely started before the crowd had shouted more than they had for Shihad's entire performance.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
^At least they tried.

I've only been to one concert, and that was Black Eyed Peas. (Don't ask; free ticket with my brother, and I was like "Eh, what the hell. A Free Live Show. Why Not?") I would say that the Black Eyed Peas were actually a very, very good group live; they didn't dissappoint. Got us to do the Wave like, ten times. Sadly, their opener, whom I've personally never heard of, sucked completely. She couldn't sing very well, and she walked around like she owned the place.

After that, ANOTHER support group came out, and me and my brother were like "The hell? Where are the Black Eyed Peas?". Again, they sucked, and we didn't know who it was. So, I went to buy drinks, came back, and BOOM! B.E.P. started. They got pretty good time (Ten - Thirteen Songs? About a full album), and they didn't dissappoint.

I was SUPPOSED to go to Billy Talent, Anti-Flag and Rise Against, but nooo, I couldn't get a ticket.

Grah. . . must get one for November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back