• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Axel, gay or not

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axel's Fire

Website
www.youtube.com
Axel: Hey Roxas...Do ya like popsicles?
Roxas: Yeah!
Axel: Well you need to come down to my cellar! I've got a whhhoolle freezer full of popscicles...mmmmmmmmmmmm...

Kitsune_XIII

I'm almost appaled by this thread.
I'm in agreement that Axel is bi with an extreme preference towards Roxas.
Seriously, if a Nobody says "He made me feel like I had a heart" Its gotta mean something a little more than 'best friends'.

Other than that, I'd also like to point out.
NOT EVERY HOMOSEXUAL PERSON HAS TO BE A FUCKING QUEEN ABOUT IT!

She was close to Yuna because they're cousins. o_o"

You'd be surprised by how many people have crushes on their cousins. I can't remember what the condition is called, but there's a medical thing that makes people fall for people who'se genetics are similar to their own. Like cousins.

Let me make this clear first. I. Hate. Yaoi. Axel is not gay. He thinks of Roxas as a best friend, nothing more. Damn those freakin' yaoi fangirls. Why can't they be fangirls of straight pairings like me? =_="

Fucking phobes. Not everyone has to be exactly the same, Miku. Just because YOU like het doesn't mean the rest of the world has to like it too. And as for saying "Damn those freakin' yaoi fangirls", well; we yaoi fangirls can turn right back around and say "Damn those freakin' het fangirls." and much worse.

Playing along with you, have you ever seen him hit on a girl?

You're right, Disney might not, but Square Enix's Rikku in FFX was gay.

We have NOT seen him hit on a girl, but we have seen him look very annoyed or uncomfortable(hard to tell which) when Larxene hits on him. xD

They've had a bunch of other gay characters too, example: Zack(well, he's bi, but still). Or tranies *cough*Kuja*cough*
Plus characters like Quina where even the other people in the game call it "s/he".

In addition... Nomura confirmed Sora to be bi in some interview or another.

And last but not least... in response to the people giving the deffinition of Yaoi...
Its actually an anagram for "yama nashi, imi nashi, ochi nashi" or "without climax, without meaning, without resolution". Basically... smut.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Half the fun in Kingdom Hearts is pairing people up. If you don't want Axel to be gay, then just ignore it. Don't get all huffy about it.
But you'd have to be pretty blind not to see it. :v
In addition... Nomura confirmed Sora to be bi in some interview or another.

Um, what?

Sora1915

Bronze Member
I don't actually think he is, but it's fun to make fun of him and say otherwise :3 But yeah I mean I agree that just because they are best friends doesn't make them gay, I mean I'm really really close to my best friend but I'm not gay or anything :/

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
I felt the need to point something out in this lovely debate.

Seriously, if a Nobody says "He made me feel like I had a heart" Its gotta mean something a little more than 'best friends'.

No, it doesn't. Remember what Sora says to Xemnas when he starts talking about gaining anger and hate for his heart? "It's full of all kinds of emotions." Not just anger, not just hate, and on the flip side, not just romantic love.

When I first heard Axel say that, all I assumed was that Roxas made him feel like a real person through their friendship, unlike the relationships that Axel had with the other members. And that's not hard to imagine when you keep having people like Xemnas around to say, "We have no hearts, we cannot feel, we're not supposed to exist, blah blah blah..." I got the feeling that it wasn't like that with Axel and Roxas. Roxas gave him the chance to relax a little bit and be himself, and not constantly obsess over that empty hole in his chest. When Roxas left, that empty space felt worse than ever before, and he got lonely. Simple as that.

And for those who say, "Larxene was flirting with him and he hated it!" well, guys, it's LARXENE. I don't think ANY of the guys in the Organization would want her hitting on them, knowing her personality. She'd be a high maintenance girlfriend. I love her and pairing her up with Axel, because I do think he could handle her, but still. Larxene is ONE girl and she's not a very nice girl at that. I don't think she's a good example for proving that Axel has no interest in women. And we don't all have to fall in love with every person who hits on us. As for Xion, he doesn't seem to like her much either from what I've seen, not as much as he does Roxas, but I haven't played Days yet, so I'm not touching that one.

If they had only published the KH2 novels internationally, or included some of those scenes in the actual game, more fans would have seen that there was a girl that Axel ended up caring about, someone who kept supporting him throughout KH2 and helped him to not feel so lonely without Roxas: Namine. Heck, he was unconscious at one point and she had his head in her lap, which has more romantic implications than anything he said or did around Roxas. (Not that it WAS romantic, but you get the idea.)

The only other girl that we saw him seriously interact with was Kairi, and even there he seemed more concerned with her fate at times than Sora's. That's probably because he felt terrible when Saix took her away, knowing it was partly his fault. But he also appeared to like her for her own merits at times, like when he told her she had "a lot of guts" for just leaping into the darkness without a backwards glance.

Look, I'm trying to "hate on" any people who like pairing Axel up with Roxas, nor am I denying that they had a close bond. Actually, I would argue that they had the strongest friendship in the series. I just felt the need to explain that it's not the open-and-shut case that many fans would like to think that it is. Besides, from what I've seen of "Days", Axel and Roxas really strike me as two ordinary guys, just hanging out together, goofing off and eating ice cream. Nothing more serious than that. And as I've said many times, if you had a close friend who was captured and memory-wiped by someone who was planning to make him disappear, wouldn't you be doing everything you could possibly do to save that person too? If the answert is yes, does that automatically mean you're in love with that person? No. So why does it automatically mean that for Axel?

graypeople

*sigh* how could axel possibly be gay he is without a doubt the greatest thing to happen to kingdom hearts to call him gay is to call the face of all kingdom hearts gay... and anyone who disagrees must be working for satan

Farouk

For everyone who says that he ISN'T gay, do you have any REASON?

I mean sure, it's "Disney" and stuff and yeah they're "friends"... but REALLY? Have you seen the video in final mix where he Axel cries when he sees Roxas for the last time? and in Days, he says he would KILL Xion for Roxas? He also says he's jealous of Xion in one part cause he thinks Roxas is replacing him. I think it's more ignorant to think that he isn't gay than to think he is. Or at least, he's gay for Roxas. What's wrong with that? Maybe he isn't gay, and he's like those straight girls on the Tyra Banks show that fall for hot lesbians even though they're straight =P

I think it was intentionally left unsaid so that it would be more artistic and people could interpret it how they want, but I think the fact that there have been NUMEROUS opportunities to ruin akuroku--especially with Xion--and yet they didn't ruin it proves it :/ Also, there is a page in the KH manga (which is endorsed by the real KH people) where Axel is literally on top of Roxas:

Evidence AkuRoku Exists by ~FutureVoiceActor on deviantART

And if you want to talk about how he acts, he DOES have that lethargic kind of attitude a lot of less-faggy gay people have, especially in Re:CoM lol.

Also, for people saying he's not gay because he has no reason to be gay: people never have a reason for being gay; and Axel has Roxas as his "reason"

Farouk

I don't know why this thread isn't closed.

Abunch of people arguing over a person with no heart's sexuality

That whole thing about nobodies not having emotions is totally a farce; if they didn't have emotions then why would they care if they were even alive? They ALL have emotions--even Demyx with his 2 seconds of screen time, lol. He was upset when he died, wasn't he?

RememberRoxas

and he's like those straight girls on the Tyra Banks show that fall for hot lesbians even though they're straight =P

"
Lol.Welcome to the forums.
For everyone who says that he ISN'T gay, do you have any REASON?

I mean sure, it's "Disney" and stuff and yeah they're "friends"... but REALLY? Have you seen the video in final mix where he Axel cries when he sees Roxas for the last time?
Evidence AkuRoku Exists by ~FutureVoiceActor on deviantART
Wow the manga made me laugh.So are you saying hes gay or not?

Farouk

Lol.Welcome to the forums.

Wow the manga made me laugh.So are you saying hes gay or not?

I registered just so I could post in this thread cause it made me mad :/

I'm saying he is gay, or at the very least is gay for Roxas. If you think about it, they have more of a "relationship" than Sora and Kairi do, lol.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Axel is obviously gay :v but I still like him. It's KH, dammit. :l
Bringing this out too, he's also a pedo.

FUN THREAD.

Farouk

I felt the need to point something out in this lovely debate.

No, it doesn't. Remember what Sora says to Xemnas when he starts talking about gaining anger and hate for his heart? "It's full of all kinds of emotions." Not just anger, not just hate, and on the flip side, not just romantic love.

When I first heard Axel say that, all I assumed was that Roxas made him feel like a real person through their friendship, unlike the relationships that Axel had with the other members. And that's not hard to imagine when you keep having people like Xemnas around to say, "We have no hearts, we cannot feel, we're not supposed to exist, blah blah blah..." I got the feeling that it wasn't like that with Axel and Roxas. Roxas gave him the chance to relax a little bit and be himself, and not constantly obsess over that empty hole in his chest. When Roxas left, that empty space felt worse than ever before, and he got lonely. Simple as that.

And for those who say, "Larxene was flirting with him and he hated it!" well, guys, it's LARXENE. I don't think ANY of the guys in the Organization would want her hitting on them, knowing her personality. She'd be a high maintenance girlfriend. I love her and pairing her up with Axel, because I do think he could handle her, but still. Larxene is ONE girl and she's not a very nice girl at that. I don't think she's a good example for proving that Axel has no interest in women. And we don't all have to fall in love with every person who hits on us. As for Xion, he doesn't seem to like her much either from what I've seen, not as much as he does Roxas, but I haven't played Days yet, so I'm not touching that one.

If they had only published the KH2 novels internationally, or included some of those scenes in the actual game, more fans would have seen that there was a girl that Axel ended up caring about, someone who kept supporting him throughout KH2 and helped him to not feel so lonely without Roxas: Namine. Heck, he was unconscious at one point and she had his head in her lap, which has more romantic implications than anything he said or did around Roxas. (Not that it WAS romantic, but you get the idea.)

The only other girl that we saw him seriously interact with was Kairi, and even there he seemed more concerned with her fate at times than Sora's. That's probably because he felt terrible when Saix took her away, knowing it was partly his fault. But he also appeared to like her for her own merits at times, like when he told her she had "a lot of guts" for just leaping into the darkness without a backwards glance.

Look, I'm trying to "hate on" any people who like pairing Axel up with Roxas, nor am I denying that they had a close bond. Actually, I would argue that they had the strongest friendship in the series. I just felt the need to explain that it's not the open-and-shut case that many fans would like to think that it is. Besides, from what I've seen of "Days", Axel and Roxas really strike me as two ordinary guys, just hanging out together, goofing off and eating ice cream. Nothing more serious than that. And as I've said many times, if you had a close friend who was captured and memory-wiped by someone who was planning to make him disappear, wouldn't you be doing everything you could possibly do to save that person too? If the answert is yes, does that automatically mean you're in love with that person? No. So why does it automatically mean that for Axel?

While I disapprove of your failure to see akuroku's obvious existence, your sig is hilarious <3

Muse

you look atrocious
Lol, does it really matter? :/ No couples are canon or becoming canon, so it's all open to interpretation. You wanna say he gets it on with Larxene? Fine. But that means that you can't do anything towards the person that says he gets it on with Marluxia.

Yeesh, quit being so homophobic in here people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back