• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► ATLA/Legend of Korra | Avatar Studios launches, headed by Bryan and Michael, to create animated feature film

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Re: ATLA / Legend of Korra - PSA: Korra and Asami are canon!

^I've only gotten around to watching the first episode and I did get a lot of Korra vibes from it (aside from the studio doing its glorious job again). I enjoyed it personally, even though a lot of things felt rushed about it but hey what else is new.

So just to generate discussion, we all know that Korra is pretty much the last avatar we're gonna get but if we were ever to get another by some strange miracle (or curse depending how you look at it) what would you want out of the next Avatar and what would you like to see? What it be right after Korra passes? What it be farther into the future? Would it take place during Korra's period as Avatar and be a story centered around someone aside from the Avatar? I'm just curious to what everyone else's Avatar universe would look like. Or I'm bored ;)

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

I wouldn't mind seeing an Avatar series set in some far flung future with high tech levels. Like, Batman Beyond-style or something. We've already seen that when innovative enough, relatively crude technology can become an effective counter-measure against bending and the Avatar, I'd wonder how the Avatar would fare in a future that's even far beyond that.

Or even, how they could use both high tech and bending abilities to compliment each other.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Earth Kingdom Avatar in the 70s or 80s please!!!

But in all seriousness, the time period of the next Avatar is all determined by Korra's lifespan.

Relix

A traveler
Awards

I wouldn't mind seeing an Avatar series set in some far flung future with high tech levels. Like, Batman Beyond-style or something. We've already seen that when innovative enough, relatively crude technology can become an effective counter-measure against bending and the Avatar, I'd wonder how the Avatar would fare in a future that's even far beyond that.

Or even, how they could use both high tech and bending abilities to compliment each other.

I actually really like this idea. An Avatar taking place in the far distant future where technology has come quite a long way and maybe the people of the world have lost touch with the spiritual side of things and bending is explained away with scientific aspect of things and forgetting the spiritual aspect of it (I can imagine bending still being used for very practical and menial tasks while probably still being used in larger forms for military use). And perhaps the next Avatar doesn't even know what an Avatar is and their discovering their identity as the Avatar with the help of some unbelievable spirit being claiming to be this futuristic Avatar's past life and that they will need to embrace their destiny in order to combat some new threat and why the hell is this such an appealing idea to me TERRY MCGENIS AS THE AVATAR with the help of BRUCE WAYNE KORRA SPIRIT. The new Voltron helped put a futuristic setting with Studio Mir's art to life in my mind

Earth Kingdom Avatar in the 70s or 80s please!!!

But in all seriousness, the time period of the next Avatar is all determined by Korra's lifespan.

Yeah I know the time period is determined by the Avatar's lifespan but this universe has shown that technological achievements are made at quite an alarming rate compared to ours

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Korra Nendoroid coming soon
https://twitter.com/gsc_kevin/status/748063452778758144/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
CmGm5LpUsAI-oW-.jpg

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Nendoroid Korra | GOODSMILE GLOBAL ONLINE SHOP

Preorders are up. Releases in November.

There is a limited window for pre-ordering, so if you want one you should order it ASAP.

$46 + shipping. You will not be charged until 2-3 weeks before delivery.

United States only. Ask your US friends to order it for you if you are anywhere else or use a proxy service.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Re: ATLA/LoK - Legend of Korra: Turf Wars comic coming 2017 | LoK Complete Series BR 2016

I only had the first season on Blu-Ray (for $10), so I'll end up getting this eventually. The cover's very pretty. I thought there was a solid white complete set cover, or was that for ATLA?

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: ATLA/LoK - Legend of Korra: Turf Wars comic coming 2017 | LoK Complete Series BR 2016

I only had the first season on Blu-Ray (for $10), so I'll end up getting this eventually. The cover's very pretty. I thought there was a solid white complete set cover, or was that for ATLA?

That was for ATLA (which came out after I bought that whole series on separate DVD's. I don't have very good luck with these shows. xD).

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Oh boy, an blu-ray set! Can`t wait to watch glorious season 3 from my tv with good quality and not from some shady sites.

This looks really nice, but after reading one of the comics about ATLA that focused on Zuko`s mother, I think I`ll just pass this. The Search was pretty bad.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

This looks really nice, but after reading one of the comics about ATLA that focused on Zuko`s mother, I think I`ll just pass this. The Search was pretty bad.
Yeah, no, those aren't good. Gene Yang is a hack.

These aren't written by him so here's hoping.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Yeah, no, those aren't good. Gene Yang is a hack.

These aren't written by him so here's hoping.

Aah, so we have different person writing this time around. That sounds a bit more promising.

I am still trying to delete all of my memories relating to The Search. I think the start was interesting as Zuko pondered his relationship to his twisted and broken family, but after that it was all downhill.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I believe it is Michael who is writing the comics so we are 100% safe unless you hate Mike's writing lol Then I have to ask why you even like LoK or ATLA.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Aah, so we have different person writing this time around. That sounds a bit more promising.

I am still trying to delete all of my memories relating to The Search. I think the start was interesting as Zuko pondered his relationship to his twisted and broken family, but after that it was all downhill.
I bought the first round of comics and dropped it immediately after reading Katara and Aang call each other "sweetie" every sentence. I FEEL YOU.

But Ethy what if it's not gay enough?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Then he gets to spend eternity with Gene Yang and we will never forgive him.

Bi-erasure will not be accepted!

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I sincerely did hope it was just about a honeymoon in the Spirit World.

Back