• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are church and state separated enough hear in the U.S.?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

cboy305

I didn't know whether this belonged in intel or religious discussion:confused:, but anyways, I just wanted to hear your opinions.:blush:

Q

Banned
No.

When you see a President make a speech on his election trail saying that all other religions but those of God are wrong and he gets elected? Not a good sign for the country's intelligence level.

Candy Man

Green Lantern Battery
I'm saying this now before anyone evens starts, ignore the typo.

Schools will see freedom of religion as freedom from religion. They pwon't allow any religious expresion in public school of any kind.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
If church and state was seperate then we would never have anything in our government that would be religious. But alot of politicians, like Sir said, use the relgious factor to gain more votes. So the idea of church and state being seperate put in effect in every part of the country.

Q

Banned
I'm saying this now before anyone evens starts, ignore the typo.

Schools will see freedom of religion as freedom from religion. They pwon't allow any religious expresion in public school of any kind.

But we're not talking about freedom of religion, we're talking about the separation of the government and religion. Two different topics entirely.

MosesMohs

no.

in my county, there is a youth-group called relevant.
this school has slowly mind-washed most of everyone in the county.

there is a relevant sign on the school sign.
the workers at the school wear relevant shirts.
the football players are forced to where relevant t-shirts. no. it's not like, 'oh. you guys can wear these.' it's 'wear them or you can get your ass off of my team.'
there are relevant signs all around school.
the youth paster comes to our school every month during lunch.
the youth paster also got charged with molestation.
he's still the youth paster. & the charges were 3 months ago.
he has once claimed himself as god. this didn't become very popular so he changed it to joseph.
two guys walked up to the youth paster & talked to him. after a few minutes, they decide he's decent. he asks them if they've been to his church. they reply no, we're atheist. he looks them in the face & blankly says you are going to burn in hell.
my friend once went to a youth group wednesday night church thing. her mom called & told her to come home. she went to leave & the people who worked there told her that she could not leave until the church sermon was over with.

RELEVANT IS A CULT.
no lie.

i don't know if this has happened any where else.
but in my eyes.
there is no separation of church & state.
never has, never will be.

Last edited:

Number_IX_Demyx

This is a yes and no.

People (more specifically Michael Newdow and he band of stupid anti-religion zealots) whine and complain because the Pledge of Allegiance and coins all reference to God. So just because it offends you no one else can do it? Screw you.

And besides, who's sitting around looking at a penny going "OH NO. THE PENNY IS REFERENCING AN INVISIBLE MAN IN SPACE. I HAVE TO COMPLAIN."

The country was founded on the belief that people can worship whoever they want. They can worship a giant bearded man, an invisible pink unicorn, even a flying spaghetti monster. Yet the government, in an attempt to sound politically correct, says the US of A was not founded on religious grounds. Because FSM forbid someone gets offended and complains to people who don't care.

NEWSFLASH! The pilgrims were Puritans escaping religious persecution. America was founded by religion, so why do we have to argue about this?

I'm not saying we have to tote Bibles around where ever we go, but if a kid requests a prayer or a moment of silence for 9/11 in class is it really that big a deal?

-Your religiously apathetic Nobody, Demyx

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
This is a yes and no.

People (more specifically Michael Newdow and he band of stupid anti-religion zealots) whine and complain because the Pledge of Allegiance and coins all reference to God. So just because it offends you no one else can do it? Screw you.

And besides, who's sitting around looking at a penny going "OH NO. THE PENNY IS REFERENCING AN INVISIBLE MAN IN SPACE. I HAVE TO COMPLAIN."

The country was founded on the belief that people can worship whoever they want. They can worship a giant bearded man, an invisible pink unicorn, even a flying spaghetti monster. Yet the government, in an attempt to sound politically correct, says the US of A was not founded on religious grounds. Because FSM forbid someone gets offended and complains to people who don't care.

NEWSFLASH! The pilgrims were Puritans escaping religious persecution. America was founded by religion, so why do we have to argue about this?

I'm not saying we have to tote Bibles around where ever we go, but if a kid requests a prayer or a moment of silence for 9/11 in class is it really that big a deal?

-Your religiously apathetic Nobody, Demyx

You ever hear of this really old piece of paper? It's called a constitution. Yah, these old white farts were pissed at the other white farts (that, apparently, just LOVE tea) and just told them to screw it, we're going to make religion and government be TOTALLY separate. Wild idea, I know. So it became illegal to have anything religious involved with the government. Of course, the government was, and still is, run by old white farts that don't like the guys that just LOVE tea. The difference is that the tea drinking guys aren't quite as in charge anymore, so they just like pushing Christian beliefs in odd aspects.

The nation's motto, pledge, coins, and everything has religious messages on them. It is, therefore, unconstitutional and should be removed. Whether or not you give a crap about it has no place in a court of law. In a PUBLIC school, a class can't be forced to do anything religious. They may request something that they can do individually, but whatever they do during that time can't be attributed to schooling.

Of course, I'm sure you'd get your panties in a bunch if it said "Under no god" or "Under Chuck Norris" So I'd suggest listening to the old piece of paper written by some white farts who got pissed at tea loving guys.

Also, no, there's only a limited amount of separation of church and state in the U.S. Hell, my own high school has a class where you go off school grounds to essentially go to church. Technically, that is protected by the constitution. However, the fact that it's listed as a class, and that they dropped the number of required classes just so kids could go to church during the day is unconstitutional, but nobody throws a fit because they're all the same religion.

KingBlade

by sinspire^
This is a yes and no.

Its is my constitutional right to complain.

The simple truth is that most political leaders are religious, and you can not have a leader be leading based on their religious views. Politicians have to not let their religious views cloud their leading.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
You know, America could always try voting in a president that isn't Christian. That would solve the separation of church and state issue.

But I guess getting the votes for that would be next to impossible.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
lol phrases put in after the creation of the U.S. Pledge's "Under God" added in the 1950s to counter "godless commies." Currency's "In God We Trust" came in the 1860's after Christian leaders were constantly sending letters to the Treasury demanding God be minted on currency. Then, in the 1950s, it became adopted as the national motto rather than E Pluribus Unum.
Coincidentally, the Puritans were a theocracy and persecuted those that were seen as heretics. And while many of the founders were indeed religious, that does not mean that the country itself was founded upon religious ideas.

Q

Banned
Separation of church and state should always be a priority, because if that separation falls, democracy basically falls. Also, it's my constitutional right to complain, guy-with-the-KH-username, because this is America. Please read the constitution before commenting on anything of the sort here.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
You know, America could always try voting in a president that isn't Christian. That would solve the separation of church and state issue.

But I guess getting the votes for that would be next to impossible.

Not going to happen. Atheists are just about the most hated "minority" in the US today, especially to the voting bloc.

D

Destiny of Sora

Of course it is.

I would have to say that there is not enough separation simply because of laws that have passed and the current mentality of the government. And also, social fabrics influence government, it is a democracy, somewhat. For example, the banning of gay marriage in many states.

Religion influences the people, and the people influence the government. And also, the government with religious ideals can in turn influence the people.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
Yes. It is as separated as it will be with the mindsets and opinions of the people. From a legal standpoint, the separation is absolute, however the reasonings behind making these laws is rooted in Judeo-Christian principles, and that is nigh-inescapable.

Q

Banned
Yes. It is as separated as it will be with the mindsets and opinions of the people. From a legal standpoint, the separation is absolute, however the reasonings behind making these laws is rooted in Judeo-Christian principles, and that is nigh-inescapable.

The Constitution, fortunately, is a document meant for change with the times. It should be changing now, to represent the times.

Sinborn

People who want pure separation from church and state should be calling for the removal of religious establishments as non-profit organizations, rendering them intelligible for tax exemptions. Most churches would crumble underneath the financial duress.

As for religious ideas influencing political matters, whether you as an individual like it or not, some people rely more on moral convictions rather than ethical mandates. Ignoring the influence of moral persuasion is a recipe for failure in a democratic republic.

I toss in a null value, finding religious institutions to be extremely helpful on a personal level while apprehensive when clumped together with other motives contrary to doctine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back