• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else think Sora pales in comparison to TAV?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenin

Banned
Well they were there in the final battle together and I'm pretty sure the 3 of them could do much better then Sora, Donald, and Goofy, I could only imagine if it was the SDG instead of TAV.

They weren't really by each other. XH proved when you seperate yourself from your friends..you lose. Sora doesn't have to worry about that. In fact without friends with him at the time Sora would be a heartless. He would've been pwned by org...

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Harder, not impossible. He did go through some parts in KH1, CoM, and KH2 alone.

Well, let's look at some of the battles he fought alone in.

1. Darkside - Lost the fight
2. Darkside again - Lost the fight
3. Squall - Lost the fight
4. Rikunort - Victory
5. Xehanort's Heartless - No winner, the battle just cuts to RoD.
6. Riku Replica last fight - Lost the fight
7. Xemnas - A test, not a true fight.
8. Riku - No winner, the battle just stops.

I know there are a few more times, but for now these are all I can think of and most of these battles resulted in defeat.

Oh, and let's not forget the fact that Sora would be dead were it not for Donald, Goofy, Riku, Mickey, Namine, Kairi and so on.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
They weren't really by each other. XH proved when you seperate yourself from your friends..you lose. Sora doesn't have to worry about that. In fact without friends with him at the time Sora would be a heartless. He would've been pwned by org...

They were together in a sense because Aqua did send her barrier to protect Terra from those rising keyblades, so they fought together until they were seperated by their own final bosses, but I wouldn't say Sora doesn't have to worry about that because despite Donald and Goofy being there, I don't count them as much of a fight against lets say Vanitas. Considering they too would be sepearted (Donald and Braig would be interesting in my opinion), I'd say Sora would be picking up more work then any of TAV had too.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

4. Rikunort - Victory

1 + 2: If Sora really did lose, wouldn't he be dead or a Heartless? If Darkside actually won, he wouldn't be around
3. Obviously you don't know that you can win that fight
5. Well, his Heartless isn't around anymore so I do think we can count it a victory
6. Can't say. I don't remember this.
7. Oh, are we making up bullshit now?
8. In rival/buddy battles, there is never a clear winner so this should be void.

Sora is just as capable a fighter as the others. It doesn't matter if TAV is stronger because they actually had training instead of learning on their own. In character, Sora still wins.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg

4. Rikunort - Victory

I know there are a few more times, but for now these are all I can think of and most of these battles resulted in defeat.

Oh, and let's not forget the fact that Sora would be dead were it not for Donald, Goofy, Riku, Mickey, Namine, Kairi and so on.

He lost the fight with Darkside? You sure? I thought he just ended up being sent to Traverse Town the first time and then sent to the next battle the second time. And would you mind listing all the times he's been saved? Haven't played in a while so I can't remember.

Also, Ventus lost his first fight with Vanitas and mickey saved him. Does that put him on Sora's level?

kupo1121

Awards
Also, Ventus lost his first fight with Vanitas and mickey saved him. Does that put him on Sora's level?

Considering that is one fight, I wouldn't say the two are equal, but I like the fact that Sora would be dead if not for his friends. It gives you the feeling that Sora's friends truly are his power.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Considering that is one fight, I wouldn't say the two are equal, but I like the fact that Sora would be dead if not for his friends. It gives you the feeling that Sora's friends truly are his power.

Ventus would have been incinerated were it not for mickey....

kupo1121

Awards
Ventus would have been incarcerated were it not for mickey....

Yeah, but it was just one fight in the end. Sora's record of defeats is after quite a lot of battles, I'm just saying I wouldn't say Ven is at Sora's level yet because despite the fact that he would have gotten completely obliterated, it was just one time.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Yeah, but it was just one fight in the end. Sora's record of defeats is after quite a lot of battles, I'm just saying I wouldn't say Ven is at Sora's level yet because despite the fact that he would have gotten completely obliterated, it was just one time.

What were the battles he lost again? And was he even at full strength when he fought them? Because that could be a major factor in why he lost.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
People, this all on opinion. This is never going to come to an end until everyone agrees to that.

kupo1121

Awards
What were the battles he lost again? And was he even at full strength when he fought them? Because that could be a major factor in why he lost.

4. Rikunort - Victory

^thats skyfoxx's list and what I was referring too actually, and you are right about the fully developed power, so I wouldn't consider the first 3 really good examples considering he just got the keyblade. Which doesn't leave many losses, mostly just ended fights, so I could see where Ven and Sora and equal I guess.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
4. Rikunort - Victory

1 + 2: If Sora really did lose, wouldn't he be dead or a Heartless? If Darkside actually won, he wouldn't be around
5. Well, his Heartless isn't around anymore so I do think we can count it a victory
8. In rival/buddy battles, there is never a clear winner so this should be void.

Yeah I'll need to see some other examples. Unless that's all there is.

Dowhax

Bronze Member
Skyfoxx: I edited my post, I remembered he fought with them. Besides, to me, it felt like D and G were slackers in most of the battles.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

[video=youtube;66hAlITwwMM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66hAlITwwMM[/video]
Looks like he lost to me.
3. Yes you can "win" it but either way the cutscene is the same. Sora passes out and Squall ends up being victorious whether you win the fight or not. The only difference is Yuffie's dialogue and that's it. Sora still loses canonly.
5. I'm talking about solo battles. Xehanort's Heartless was defeated when HE HAD FRIENDS TO HELP HIM.
6. Riku Replica is about to kill Sora but then Namine tells Riku to stop and basically "breaks him"
7. No I'm not.
8. I'm talking about in KH2 with Land of Dragons. And I was just listing the solo battles that I could remember at the top of my head.

Skyfoxx: I edited my post, I remembered he fought with them. Besides, to me, it felt like D and G were slackers in most of the battles.

In the gameplay it seems that way, but in reality to the story Donald and Goofy are a great help.

Sora didn't lose the fight since Namine interferred.

Sora just got stroke by darkness. He's down on the ground, unable to get up. Riku is inches away from slicing Sora in half until Namine says "No!" If not for Namine, Sora would be dead. I'd call that a defeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back