• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Am I the only one satisfied...?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

wwinterj

I'm satisfied sure. It's still however disappointing the lack of Disney worlds to me personally. This won't effect my enjoyment of the game though.

MelodicEnigma

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I haven’t. For one, the game is not out yet, so any reading is based on trailers and not the game itself. So it’s not possible to have a reading of the game unless you’ve worked on it or picked up a copy from the thief. Second, and more importantly, objective readings aren’t a thing. Objectivity only concerns itself with facts. A “reading,” as the term is being used here, is an interpretation of the work. Once interpretation or indidvidual perception are involved, we’ve crossed into the realm of subjectivity. An objective analysis of the game would be more accurately referred to as a report.

People mistakenly think that what they learned in literature class is an objective standard when it isn’t. It’s a subjective standard set by a certain class of society to tell others what they are supposed to enjoy and what they aren’t, empowering themselves by influencing the thoughts and experiences of those who abide by those standards. Nothing is wrong with following those standards other people set for you, but there’s also nothing wrong with not following them if your life experience has shaped you to enjoy and find meaning in art that what others might not.

Alexis.Anagram really covered most it quite beautifully. I will add to that, albeit more straightforward, that objectivity isn't something that is wholly conducive to pure fact alone. While we're able to approach thinking in reflection of what is deemed an absolute certainty, the cogent and impartial approach that is taken in understanding material is, in fact, an objective framework for either context or subtext. Fact, knowledge, sound logic—backdrops for objective thinking, fact is only one facet to understanding the core reasoning of objectivity. Interpretations can very much so be fueled by personal agenda that doesn't accommodate the presentation of the source material. However, what you should've learned in literature class, is that creating a rhetorical analysis is to conclude certain aspects of a story by recognizing devices and storytelling elements with tangible logic and reasoning outside of blatant opinion. Interpretations can be held to both subjective and objective reasoning in full spectrum of what they both ultimately retain.

On that note, there simply isn't reason to believe someone can have a FULL, objective outlook on the game yet, more so to make a conclusive stamp on whether it is "good or not". However, people can get an idea in certain aspects and analyze that, but I would agree that can only go so far for now. Either way, use what you want to get excited, or not, about the game.

I for one, am numb with anticipation. My body can't be anymore ready.

Last edited:

Nyx Winters

The Dawn Fox
Awards
Im pretty satisfied with the amount of content especially with another chance to play as riku again (and as a master this time) but i still hold onto my pipedream of having a treasure planet world one day

the red monster

Awards
I'm just worried about the amount of FULL playable worlds
so far it looks only the disney worlds+ twilight town and cable town, the others are cutscene only or mini levels type of thing

Neo_

Awards
The fact Toy Story is the oldest film to have a world troubles me... let that sink in: Toy Story.

If this is indeed it, I really don't like Olympus and the Caribbean returning; yes, they look amazing, but give me Robin Hood and Roger Rabbit or something.

theshadowman

Awards
Personally, I’m going to love the game regardless, but I’m disappointed in the Disney lineup, doesn’t seem like enough. Hopefully they’re keeping some secret or waiting till last minute to show them if they’re more obscure properties. If this is indeed it, I’ll get over it, but I crave for more.

Zaplen14

Personally, I’m going to love the game regardless, but I’m disappointed in the Disney lineup, doesn’t seem like enough. Hopefully they’re keeping some secret or waiting till last minute to show them if they’re more obscure properties. If this is indeed it, I’ll get over it, but I crave for more.

I agree. I can not wait and already love so much about the game. I just am hoping there is so BIG surprises ahead.

Obviously we have only seen a portion of the game, but I have a feeling that there is wayyyy more than what we are seeing
...I hope.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
This sums up my thoughts well. I love what I saw, but I wish for more.

ghostwarmen

Awards

I agree, I'll most likely love the game, but I'm not incredibly thrilled with the final Disney choices. That's not to say they aren't keeping some a secret of just show them off in a magazine or something, but I am not counting on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back