• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Alright guys, let's do this.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
k, just beat the game like twenty minutes ago. I'll give you guys a very nice/fun/awesome review and tell you my end panel arrangement when I feel like typing it all up.

Siren

Awards
Time Played: 22:45

Day Number: 357 *

Level: 48

Munny: 44, 976

Heart Points: 4,915

HP: 203

Strength: 115

Magic: 119

Defense: 70

Panels:

• Level Tripler (Lv. Up x 3)
  • Level Tripler (Lv. Up x3)
  • Level Quadrupler (Lv. Up x 2)
  • Level Doubler (Lv. Up x 5)
  • Level Doubler (Lv. Up x 5)
  • Auto-Life (Lv+, Lv+)
  • Sliding Dash
  • Glide (Lv+, Lv+)
  • Elixir x 8
  • Final Limit
  • Limit Boost
  • Scan
  • Dodge Roll
  • Block (Lv+)
  • Air Slide (Lv+, Lv+)
  • Quadcast (Fire, Fire)
  • Triplecast (Fire, Cure)
  • Doublecast (Curaga, Thunder, Thunder)
  • Magic Lv. 2 (Cure, Cure, Fire)
  • Ether x 2
  • Thundaga
  • Aero x 2
  • Cure
  • Nimble Gear+ (Power Unit, Ability Unit, Magic Unit)

Impressions:

I've got to say, the story for this game was superb. I felt that the cutscenes were very well done, particularly the ones with actual voice-overs. The character dynamics worked well together, and I don't think that there is really anything that is a deal-breaker story wise. Sometimes I wish that we had seen more of Xemnas, or that he was written slightly differently, but that's a small gripe.

So far as gameplay goes... I've got to say, towards the end of the game, I began to see what some people were complaining about. There's so many times I want to fight a Large Body or Dual Blade clone before I get sick of it. I also didn't really feel enticed to change my keyblade for much of the game; I went from no gear, to Lift Gear, to Nimble Gear+ for the entire game. I tried some in between, and they just felt as if they didn't fit.

Small gripes with spells; it was really annoying when a spell that was meant to be homing simply wouldn't do its job; one good example is in Agrabah, with all of the different changes of elevation. I got sick of wasting my precious fire spells, damn it. And I also made the mistake of casting a Curaga spell mid-jump; needless to say, it didn't help one damn bit.

The camera. First half of the game, I had no problem with it, worked perfectly. But the second half, sometimes I would go for a good thirty seconds to a minute of pounding away without even seeing what the hell I was hitting. That's pretty ridiculous, in my opinion.

Uh, specific fights. Leechgrave was fucking awful. Hated it, read different strategies about how to kill it, still hated it.

Ruler of the Sky? lol. More like 'I like to leave the map and shoot at you while you can't do anything'. And it would have been nice to have just a tad more manueverablility while flying, or at least the ability to fly a bit faster. As it was, catching up to him and actually being able to land some hits was particularly frustrating.

Orcus. Ouch. Not really a big fan, even though he's basically just a huge Invisible that absorbs magic. Which, a lot of the 'giant' heartless seemed to do. Fuck that, man. I spend half the game killing enemies with one fire spell, and then you throw in a flying enemy that absorbs magic? Fuck you, SE.

Saix. lol, that battle was incredibly easy. Go team.

Xion. I'm not going to lie to you, KHI; I died a lot. I died so much, KH asked me if I wanted to play it on easy difficulty. Normally that's something that is reserved to games like Devil May Cry; never before have I felt like a bitch while playing a KH game. (well, possibly excepting Phantom). Her different forms, while novel concepts... were really ugly. Seriously, she looked like a cross between Aqua, Twilight Thorn, and a pink little bassinet. Not a good look for her.

Oh god, as soon as Roxas was double-wielding, I swear to god I almost came. One hit killing Neoshadows? Yes please! Finally, I felt as if we were playing that badass mofo that we all creamed ourselves a little bit when we saw him kicking ass in Another Side, Another Story. The fight with Riku, while easy, wasn't particularly bad or anything.

I actually miss Xion. Talk about a fucking heart-wrenching thing to do, man. Erase her and every memory of her existence? She was strong to make that decision. Perhaps the most giving of any KH character ever. And they fucking killed her. Bastards.

What now?

Now I go through and complete the 13 (lol fun coincidence) or so missions that I haven't completed yet, in order to unlock Mickey in mission mode. Fuck Sora, he looks like a bitch anyway.

What about a numerical value? Come on, please share it with us!

Solid 9 out of 10 from me. If you can get used to the controls quickly- I frequently pressed the 'b' button when I meant to press 'a' because I thought I was playing on the PS2- and if you enjoy some of the best writing in the series, go for it. There are a multitude of palette swaps, and the ice-cream scenes get a taaaadddd old, but those are minor gripes that can't overshadow the fact that this is a great game for the DS, and definitely either the best or second best KH game out there.

Siren

Awards
you know i wrote that huge ass review and no one cared

screw you guys

Gram

Banned
Awards
Later today, I'm going to be grabbing, paying for, and ripping open my box of Days, while my DS waits ever-so-patiently in the car. I don't know if any of you recall a thread I made a good while back, but while I was playing Re:CoM, I decided to tell y'all how far I had gotten with each post. I'm going to be doing the same thing with Days.

The only exception: I'm going to ask which difficulty you guys want me to start on, and then I will start with that difficulty. If I find Proud mode to be a little too challenging at first, I will change back to standard and play the game from there.

So, let's hear it before I head to the store, Kingdom Hearts section cretins dwellers. Which difficulty mode would be appropriate to start off with?
start on proud.
its funner :p

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
cool review, but nobody cares about this game anymore, bbs is all the rage.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
Anyway... Why are you still using Lift Gear-3 by day 174 anyway? It's going to kill you, lift gear is pathetic by that time. I'm pretty sure by 174 Nimble Gear would already come out as a better alternative to lift gear.

Although from what you've said I've took it that you did the 6 bosses run. How was it XD I cleared it np in the Japanese version apart from the stupid Orcus, but I think it'll be easier in the American one (cause of the experience).

And the 7th one is freaking... godlike? Well, not really, he just hurts. But those stupid fireballs one-shot me, at least.

And by the time I reach there I've pretty much exhausted all my potions already...
i HATE those dang fireballs. Especially when my defense was rewound to level one (OUCH!) i simply was like "run away!" i kept gliding everywhere.

And i also found it useful that i used my limits LAST, i damged the dustflier until it had 3 bars of health left (actually like 4, if you count the one you have when the greens dots are gone) and then i just ZAPPPED it with limits, it worked VERY well.

And i also used Cura's. Cura worked very well.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Yeah, the Leechgrave was a hard boss. I usually went for Beginner or Standard Mode to play against this boss. Personally, I just prefer the DS over the PS2. I am more used to it.

AxelRoxasFan223

Website
www.facebook.com
And the 7th one is freaking... godlike? Well, not really, he just hurts. But those stupid fireballs one-shot me, at least.
And that is why I love Glide :D

Time Played: 22:45

Impressions:
Uh, specific fights. Leechgrave was fucking awful. Hated it, read different strategies about how to kill it, still hated it.
Uh i remember, it took me so many times to beat it, and when i did, I was too busy playing to notice my battery and I was in the car so I had no way of charging, and then battery died. I really wanted to smash that DS ;-;.

Wow, thats pretty fast for Standard mode.
It took me around 30-32 hours to finish....I dont remember. Then again, I was in Beginner Mode, which is nothing compared to Standard lol.

Ruler of the Sky? lol. More like 'I like to leave the map and shoot at you while you can't do anything'. And it would have been nice to have just a tad more manueverablility while flying, or at least the ability to fly a bit faster. As it was, catching up to him and actually being able to land some hits was particularly frustrating.
Uh...That battle was annoying only because it took forever to catch it >:/. I agree that I wish the flying ability was faster. I was so happy when all the tails were gone.

Orcus. Ouch. Not really a big fan, even though he's basically just a huge Invisible that absorbs magic. Which, a lot of the 'giant' heartless seemed to do. Fuck that, man. I spend half the game killing enemies with one fire spell, and then you throw in a flying enemy that absorbs magic? Fuck you, SE.
The first time I fought Orcus, I think I died but I dont remember. It wasnt too hard for me though, the only thing that bothered me when I fought it in TT was when he disappeared and its sword keeps on slashing you, but then you knew his strategy anyway, so it became easier, imo.

Xion. I'm not going to lie to you, KHI; I died a lot. I died so much, KH asked me if I wanted to play it on easy difficulty.
Her first form was not that hard, her second form..the annoying thing from the second form is that orange sphere thing she shoots out of her keyblade or whatever that chases you around wherever you go, and once she does that, the only way I can find to stop it is to go to her to stop it before she makes it again, even if it means you get hit by those orange sphere things. Thank god I equipped Glide. Her third form, was not that hard either, but harder than the first form though, you just need to know that if her blades turn gold you need to get out of her way. The fourth form was the one that had me dying alot xD;; Especially when she summon those yellow lightnings or whatever in the whole area and there was no way to escape, I used so many potions in that battle.

I actually miss Xion. Talk about a fucking heart-wrenching thing to do, man. Erase her and every memory of her existence? She was strong to make that decision. Perhaps the most giving of any KH character ever. And they fucking killed her. Bastards.
Call me a baby or whatever, I cried the first time I played it.

;-;

Uh I need to try Proud mode xD;;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back