• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ah acne....terrible curse.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rix

:)
Awards
I used to have a huge problem with acne. I tried everything and nothing worked! do stillhave some problems and getting breakouts now and then, but it's better now than it used to be.

Rabello

Yeah, I still get one or two small little fellows on my face every now and then, but nothing major. This is mostly because I used to have a pretty bad acne, and this friendly doctor gave me some bitchin' drugs to cure it. First she didn't want to give 'em to me, but I just told that her I really want them, and so she did. I mean these were the kind of drugs that make you go to blood tests just to see if it did any bad for ya.

Well, after that I haven't really had a acne.

The medication was called Isotretinoin, and I have to say, while it did help, it was also shitloads of trouble.

Isotretinoin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Joy

Bronze Member
As far as hair is concerned, washing it with bar soap always worked for me.

Shampoo and conditioner always left it too moisturized, and bar soap definitely helps with that. Plus, it's less ezpensive, and saves time in the shower.

Bar soap dries the shit of of your skin, and can very well make everythign much worse. Bar soap really isn't something that should be applied normally.

Also, an unhealthy diet isn't a direct cause of acne, and if it's related ata ll, it's minimal. I only say this because every dermatologist I've gone to has told me this, so do what you will with it.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
Argh... My face has had little pimples and blackheads on the tip of my nose, my forehead, my cheeks and my chin. Its disgusting. I wish the damn creams would just work!

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
The medication was called Isotretinoin, and I have to say, while it did help, it was also shitloads of trouble.

"It is sometimes used as a chemotherapy medication for prevention and treatment of certain skin cancers. In some cases, it is used to treat Harlequin type ichthyosis."

That's some strange medication you have there.

Bar soap dries the shit of of your skin, and can very well make everythign much worse. Bar soap really isn't something that should be applied normally.

It's worked for me, but circumstances differ.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Nothing like a bit of stinging to wake you up in the morning.

Stinging's a good thing, from my experience. If I put acne gel on a bit that's really irritated, it tends to sting for a few seconds, but later, the irritation, redness and swelling of the area decreases by a lot.

Lunar Knight

American Person
I usually get acne around the cheeks and a little on the forehead. I use toothpaste on some larger pimples because I read it helps get rid of pimples faster. I think it does but it could be my imagination.

I sometimes get these white things that look like dried pus on my face. When I take it out, there always a hole from where it was. I'm not sure it I should immediately try to remove or wait a little while until it gets loose and then pull it out.

Any ideas guyz?

Massive Attack

Awards
I usually get acne around the cheeks and a little on the forehead. I use toothpaste on some larger pimples because I read it helps get rid of pimples faster. I think it does but it could be my imagination.

My mother recommended that. I tried it once and I think it worked.

Rabello

"It is sometimes used as a chemotherapy medication for prevention and treatment of certain skin cancers. In some cases, it is used to treat Harlequin type ichthyosis."

That's some strange medication you have there.

It did the job, but yeah. It was a poison for the rest of my body.

Awards
Yeah, I still get one or two small little fellows on my face every now and then, but nothing major. This is mostly because I used to have a pretty bad acne, and this friendly doctor gave me some bitchin' drugs to cure it. First she didn't want to give 'em to me, but I just told that her I really want them, and so she did. I mean these were the kind of drugs that make you go to blood tests just to see if it did any bad for ya.

Well, after that I haven't really had a acne.

Isotretinoin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've heard of this shit before, and yes, it's more or less the best treatment for acne on the market today. Never knew it was used to make harlequin babies feel better. :v

Stinging's a good thing, from my experience. If I put acne gel on a bit that's really irritated, it tends to sting for a few seconds, but later, the irritation, redness and swelling of the area decreases by a lot.

Pain is a sign of injury, and damaging your skin is the worst thing you can do to it.

Never use alcohol or alcohol-based products on your skin, ever, because it dries the shit out of your face which causes your face to produce more oil to compensate which turns into even more acne. The one exception I can think of is that I usually use some seabreeze on my face after shaving to tighten my pores, but that's about it.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
yeah i use seabreeze after shaving to pick up the dirt from my skin. Not only does it tighten the pores, it also soothes those dang razor bumps/ then after that i use moisturizing lotion

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
It comes with the family - Known partly to be hereditary, if one of your elder siblings has experienced acne, the chances of you experiencing the same are high.

Side Effects of Puberty - As hormonal levels change, especially during menstrual cycles and puberty, natural changes in the body occur which welcome the formation of acne.

Specifically, the glands on the skin enlarge and produce more sebum.

High levels of Stress - When a person experiences stress, there is an increase in the output of the adrenal glands. The excess output, especially during the changing body of adolescent years can form acne.

Dead skin cells - Accumulation of dead skin cells within the follicles causes acne to form.

Bacteria - As a foreign agent to the composite of the skin, the accumulation of bacteria within the pores causes acne.

Scratching - Any type of scratching or excessive itching of the skin can lead to inflammation which aids in the cause of acne and harboring of foreign elements.

Some types of Medications - Specifically medications which contain halogens, lithium, barbiturates, or androgens - all of which are agents in the cause of acne. (Medications also include the use of anabolic steroids).

Chemicals - Specifically chemical compounds such as dioxin. Iodine (as highly contained in Seafood) has also been known to worsen current conditions of acne.

art-wh3076.fig5.jpg
Severe_acne.jpg

now this here is severe acne. for anyone on this thread, i can only hope this isn't a fate you suffered/ will suffer
i hope this doesn't come close violent_anger

*Mods may remove this if its too sickening or innapropriate etc.*

Last edited:

Massive Attack

Awards
Never use alcohol or alcohol-based products on your skin, ever, because it dries the shit out of your face which causes your face to produce more oil to compensate which turns into even more acne. The one exception I can think of is that I usually use some seabreeze on my face after shaving to tighten my pores, but that's about it.

fff.
I don't kow anything about acne then. People keep giving me mixed messages.

Who Me?

Those pictures are insane!!! It must be near unbearable to have that much acne.
For treating my moderate acne I've found that natural solutions work best. Nonprescription medications that you can buy anywhere seem to just make it worse because I have very sensitive skin. Instead I wash my face with a baking-soda and water paste once a day. Sometimes I also spread on honey for 5 minutes which works great! I know this sounds crazy, but hey whatever works! Be careful though if you are going to try this because I've seen a few people who have really bad reactions to this method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back