• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Action Commands good or bad

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

are Action Commands good or bad thing?

• Good

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • Bad

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleeping Rebirth

ok guys i played both KH and KH2 and whenever i played KH2 i thought sum of it wasnt to much of a challenge and thats because of action commands like the 10,000 Heartless battle i thought it was gonna be awesome but it was to easy cus of the action commands. Other times they were a total life savour so my question to u KHI is are Action Commands good or bad thing.

RememberRoxas

I chose good.It brung something new to the battlefield instead of the usual
Attack>Attack>Magic>Heal>Attack scenario.
I agree they were to easy but i liked the more creative ones, like when Shadow Stalker throws you against a pillar and you didn't really expect a RC.

KHBassist

I think reaction commads could be a good thing in future installments if they actually made them reactions. In KH2 you had like 5 seconds to hit triangle. That's not really a reaction in my opinion.

BluesStar21

I think they were amazing new feature in KH2 even though it made the game alot easier, it also made the game more enjoyable.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
They would be better if it wasn't just triangle, and they were timed. Well, they are, but they need to be timed much shorter.
They're not horrible, just need to be improved.

TrinityxLimit

In Final Mix+ they were a blessing against the Absent Silhouettes . Without them, the battles would be incrediibly hard, or even impossible. So in some situations the didn't make the game easier, but saved you from death. So I am a lover of Reaction Commands, and I'm glad to see they are making a return in BBS.

They would be better if it wasn't just triangle, and they were timed. Well, they are, but they need to be timed much shorter.
They're not horrible, just need to be improved.
I beg to differ. Roxas's Reaction Command was ALL timing. If you didn't do it right you would be doomed.

Demyx_IX

It kinda makes the game too easy but at times got me out of some pretty tight situations xd i liked kingdom hearts 1 battle system more though made game more of a challenge

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I beg to differ. Roxas's Reaction Command was ALL timing. If you didn't do it right you would be doomed.
Really, I found both Sora and Roxas' RC's to be the same. :l both gave you alot of time to press triangle. It's like Nomura thinks the fans are that stupid. /notreallybutsrsly

TrinityxLimit

Really, I found both Sora and Roxas' RC's to be the same. :l both gave you alot of time to press triangle. It's like Nomura thinks the fans are that stupid. /notreallybutsrsly
Woah there cowboy, I meant the Reaction Command while fighting Roxas. Sorry if I wasn't being specific.

Raiinu K.D.

Awards
Hmm... Well, I couldn't really decide. You see, I think Reaction Commands (as everyone else said) are visually awesome, 'specially (in my opinion) the Cerberus one >w<! They seemed to replace the 'empty' slot from the first game in most cases, which is a big plus for me, because it's a little easier to tap triangle when you wanna open a treasure chest or whatever.

But my biggest issue with them was the fact that they were limited to one button. That, and they were one of the many reasons (along with Drive Forms, Limits, and countless new abilities) that Kingdom Hearts II was so much easier than its predecessors. Birth by Sleep seems to be incorporating them, but I can't help but wonder if it won't be a repeat of the same mistake... Hopefully not. After all, it seems that they may use the Circle and Square buttons as well, making for a bit more of a challenge. :3

o_o ...Like others said, sometimes they were more of a way to keep from being killed than a way of making the fight that much easier/pretty to look at, especially (I haven't played it-- only watched) in the Final Mix+-exclusive bosses. Though they definitely could use improvement in both timing and variety (they were only tricky once or twice, like in the Xemnas fight), overall they aren't too bad.

Last edited:

Elitechaser

A little place between Hell and Heaven called Eart
I have a problem with people saying the game was too easy and it disappointed them, and then blaming this on the many different features the game introduced. If you found the game too easy to start off with you should have restarted and changed the difficulty. If you still find it easy, don't complain, MAKE IT HARDER ON YOURSELF. Don't just mash Triangle until the reaction command activates, wait until it is time and then see how fast you can hit it; vary your combos and try to use some of Sora's higher abilities (i.e. Conter, a good timed Reflect, Upper Slash and others). I play the game at level 99 with all charcters and it is still enjoyable to me, because I make it hard.

My final point is this: Reaction Commands = Good, and Better with Improvement

Ventux

Elitechaser said:
If you found the game too easy to start off with you should have restarted and changed the difficulty.

KH2's difficulty levels were really only different by stats. The enemies don't get any harder in terms of pattern.

If you still find it easy, don't complain, MAKE IT HARDER ON YOURSELF.

If you have to limit yourself in order to get any difficulty from a game, that's bad designwork. You shouldn't have to do it.

Reaction commands need to be more about skill, and also need to be less overpowered. I think BBS' will be the former but not the latter, judging by its gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back