• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Action Commands good or bad

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

are Action Commands good or bad thing?

• Good

Votes: 40 75.5%
  • Bad

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
You CAN limit yourself to make it more difficult. In FM+, if you are hardcore, you've got the exp 0 ability.

I do wish they made reaction commands harder to achieve though. Now it's just "oh look, there's a triangle, let's wait 3 seconds and press it", the only reaction command which impressed me with its timing is Demyx's Show Stealer, now THAT was reaction.

Ventux

You CAN limit yourself to make it more difficult. In FM+, if you are hardcore, you've got the exp 0 ability.

We're talking about regular KH2. FM+ was a much better game.

the only reaction command which impressed me with its timing is Demyx's Show Stealer, now THAT was reaction.

Yeah, why didn't they do that with anything else?

Paupu911 said:
they do most of the work for you sometimes.

To me, that's a bad thing.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Action commands could have been done well, but they were implemented poorly and made the game far too easy.

It was just MASHTRIANGLEMASHTRIANGLEMASHTRIANGLE. There was no punishment for ill-timing, because there was no such thing as that in the system. It was all just on one button, a real context-sensitive QTE should be done with multiple buttons and a punishment if you fuck it up. Such as in the God of War Series.

BluesStar21

maybe Nomura thought that we were retarded, and make a option that lets us kick ass, without really doing anything. thats the impression I got from him and the action commands.

State

Awards
∞;4440778 said:
Action commands could have been done well, but they were implemented poorly and made the game far too easy.

It was just MASHTRIANGLEMASHTRIANGLEMASHTRIANGLE. There was no punishment for ill-timing, because there was no such thing as that in the system. It was all just on one button, a real context-sensitive QTE should be done with multiple buttons and a punishment if you fuck it up. Such as in the God of War Series.

yes! definite win!
please, oh please, make reaction commands have penalties if done wrong and make them be precise in EVERY DIFFICULTY.

Soren

Awards
I think Reaction Commands were a good thing overall. Sure they ,ade the game a little too easy, but I like the idea of being able to perform different actions based on the situation. I'd rather have the commands be more world-oriented (like the mini twisters in Land of Dragons) more so than enemy oriented (such as Reversal or Duel Stance), but I do thing that they were a good addition to the system.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Reaction commands are good in moderation. Not every enemy needs them, but a few were more interesting because of them. For example, dusks did not need them, but the battle(s) against Xemnas made them absolutely neccesary.

∞;4440778 said:

Exactly. I agree completely.

brodyblackout

ok guys i played both KH and KH2 and whenever i played KH2 i thought sum of it wasnt to much of a challenge and thats because of action commands like the 10,000 Heartless battle i thought it was gonna be awesome but it was to easy cus of the action commands. Other times they were a total life savour so my question to u KHI is are Action Commands good or bad thing.

nu uh dude, that battle was fucking awesome with the reaction commands, with commands sora can do things you never thot possible, especially when facing xemnas. def a good addition.

State

Awards
nu uh dude, that battle was fucking awesome with the reaction commands, with commands sora can do things you never thot possible, especially when facing xemnas. def a good addition.

so basically, you though possible the ability of fusing with a strange creature creating an enormous looking monster while being tied with him, without a shirt and wield a lance in the middle of nowhere and not the possibility of sora jumping around buildings? wtf!?

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

Except it made the game easier than taking a shit, and reduced its quality to something of the same level.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
Some of them looked awesome, but they made the game a whole lot less challenging.

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
Sometimes, it's better to make a game easy. Not everyone who plays it are hardcore gamers, some just want to see the story through without trying too hard. Which is how RCs help fill in that gap. If you ARE a hardcore gamer, you will try to make some difficulty in the game yourself rather than complaining. Which is what they tried to help the gamers achieve through FM+ with its EXP 0 ability and Critical Mode (And more screwed up optional bosses).

bombboy

if organization 13 wanted hearts they could summon a bunch of heartless and kill them but that would ruin the game

UnstoppableSound

REaction commands made the game what it was. Aside from Organization XIII and the dual-wielding Roxas battle.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
if organization 13 wanted hearts they could summon a bunch of heartless and kill them but that would ruin the game

What the hell are you blabbing on about?

REaction commands made the game what it was. Aside from Organization XIII and the dual-wielding Roxas battle.

Yes, Reaction Commands made the game what it was. Not the other adapted/new gameplay elements, or the horrendous writing. Just reaction commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back