• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About that TV Spot...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

CGNET

[video=youtube;BRTAMyO22oY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRTAMyO22oY[/video]

I made an alternate TV spot for it, using the same commercial, but changing the music and adding my voice. Thoughts?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sorry CGNet, but I don't like the idea of voices in the TV spot. I can only deal with the man's voice. But voices in the entire thing is just wrong.

WaveK89

Pretty cool, but I kind of agree about the voice through the entire bit. Not to say the voice work was bad. Text is cool for bits of it where you spoke.

Of course, the 358/2 Days TV spot had about the same voive you put in, so it works a bit.

Looking at other TV spots, I really like the KH1, "You'll never know who you'll run into next" (or something like that).

Japanese TV spot had a line from Ansem, Aqua, Ven, and Terra. This is another way they could do it.

Still, there are so many options on what a TV Spot could be. Your video and effects were quite well done. Good work.

Last edited:

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
Gross who the hell would want to buy that game all I heard was a bunch of nonsense spewing into my ears.

Just kidding but still that's not how you advertise on a 20 second commercial. For what you did, that's probably what you would read in a magazine ad, or what would be written on the back of the box. You can't just throw straight up facts in there, you're trying to sell a game! Make it sound cool, mysterious, epic and stuff.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I liked it, but I really didn't really like your voice. =\
No offense... just saying what I think.
I liked the echo at the end though for "The Saga Starts Here"

Exavier

It was alright. Your voice isn't epic enough though.

And you kinda overloaded it with info (especially in the beginning). Its gotta lack it a bit to make them want to buy it.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
It was good. I personally prefer for there to be no voices also however. I was fine with just the music.

Though your music choice was good.

CGNET

I agree that there was too much talking, but if the characters are not talking...then why just have the music? It gets boring. The voice summarizes everything, which makes it intense for fans. For those that don't know the game, it's enough info for someone to understand what the game offers.

As far as not liking my voice, that was a surprising comment. I don't think anyone has told me that before (my Roxas/Ventus fandubs), especially without a reason, but if you say so.

Thanks for your comments/suggestions guys. =)

darkheart709

Bronze Member
I agree that there was too much talking, but if the characters are not talking...then why just have the music? It gets boring. The voice summarizes everything, which makes it intense for fans. For those that don't know the game, it's enough info for someone to understand what the game offers.

As far as not liking my voice, that was a surprising comment. I don't think anyone has told me that before (my Roxas/Ventus fandubs), especially without a reason, but if you say so.

Thanks for your comments/suggestions guys. =)

your voice did sound like roxas/ven, i thought it was good but the info at the start was off putting. try something mysterious like

" Destiny...is never left to chance...Witness the birth...of everything....the saga starts here" then all the other stuff
or
" The past hold all truths...Witness the beginning of a new adventure...through the eyes of those who desire a second chance...through birth by sleep...the saga starts here"

i also liked the echo effect you used at the end, really cool

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back