• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A New World Was Almost Added to the Kingdom Hearts TV Series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

redcrown

Awards
Maleficent throwing Jafar out with a wave of the hand was hilarious

It's kinda weird seeing the differences.
Sora already had the Keyblade before Destiny Island fell.
Kairi beating up a Heartless instead of trying to prevent the world's door from opening (not that I'm against Kairi beating the crap out of something, but she had a plot-y reason for being at the door.)
Traverse Town is completely skipped.
Riku's motives changed.

Still, I would have loved it if the cartoon series happened (and I really hope his sister can find that DVD.)

Actually I think the implication is that this takes place when Sora is already traveling with Doanld and Goofy trying to find his friends in various worlds. This storyboard look to be more of a dream sequence; Sora having a flashback/nightmare of when his world fell to darkness, mixed with his present fear of never finding Riku and Kairi again, and waking up from his nightmare in the gummi ship. Also remember Riku didn't get his Soul Eater until he met Maleficent and she gave it to him (or Ansem did, we still don't know), he couldn't have possibly gotten it on the islands.

I'd wager they would have kept the original story with door opening on that night (with or without the implication that Riku did it), Kairi disappearing into Sora since that was a huge plot point in the game's story, and Sora not getting the keyblade until that night either.

The biggest change I see here is Riku's story and motive in falling to darkness. I guess the writer had the idea of Riku being held hostage by Maleficent (yet still bowing to her and doing her duties?) instead of doing an equal deal to only find his friends. I'm also not a particular fan of a magic lamp being the reason for his Face Heel Turn, instead of his jealously issues with Sora (although maybe they planned to incorporate both somehow).

At he very least the SRK trio look to be much friendlier and closer to each other than we ever saw them in the original game.

(Really hoping his sister finds that DVD too.)

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Actually I think the implication is that this takes place when Sora is already traveling with Doanld and Goofy trying to find his friends in various worlds. This storyboard look to be more of a dream sequence; Sora having a flashback/nightmare of when his world fell to darkness, mixed with his present fear of never finding Riku and Kairi again, and waking up from his nightmare in the gummi ship.
It's clearly a dream sequence, however it's done as exposition.

Also remember Riku didn't get his Soul Eater until he met Maleficent and she gave it to him (or Ansem did, we still don't know), he couldn't have possibly gotten it on the islands.
I never mentioned the Soul Eater. Riku is shown wielding a plain ol' sword in the pilot.

I'd wager they would have kept the original story with door opening on that night (with or without the implication that Riku did it), Kairi disappearing into Sora since that was a huge plot point in the game's story, and Sora not getting the keyblade until that night either.
Except the expository dream sequence implies it was going a different route.

At he very least the SRK trio look to be much friendlier and closer to each other than we ever saw them in the original game.
That I agree with.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Ah poor jungle book...at least they didn't waste it on BBS.

Always felt it was a world more suited for Sora.I just can't see jungle book being enjoyable in BBS if they had to make it work for three characters.

redcrown

Awards
Ah poor jungle book...at least they didn't waste it on BBS.

Always felt it was a world more suited for Sora.I just can't see jungle book being enjoyable in BBS if they had to make it work for three characters.

It would have been best used in DDD; when Sora and Riku were by themselves and younger, and the world's story was allowed to be shorter, but with the characters very involved and given lots of screentime.

Last edited:

xdrake24

First Crash Bandicoot, now Kingdom Hearts, my favorite games aren't having much luck with TV at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back