• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Kingdom Hearts Love Story: Picking Up the Pieces

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

InfernusIgnitus

People aren't thinking clearly in my opinion. Its been stated that the kingdom hearts team needs to finish developing FF13 versus , then they'll get on it. Plus if its coming out layer, their refining the story more and giving us some of what we want. Ive been waiting for a kingdom hearts on PS3 for years, and now its finally coming out. I don't care if its a refined copy of the first game and CoM, its still a PS3 KH game, and I'm happy with it. Plus its the first games final mix for PS3, which is even better since theres more to the story and all of it links up. You may not realize this still, but theyre updating the storyline to get you guys caught up for the new game, its like a trailer or sneak peak of whats to come with the next gen consoles. So guys, be happy. Its what weve wanted and now your complaining because they gave it to you.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
People aren't thinking clearly in my opinion. Its been stated that the kingdom hearts team needs to finish developing FF13 versus , then they'll get on it.

That was a statement that was made several years ago. I'm pretty sure it no longer applies.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Gotta say that i haven't stepped into these threads in forever, and i have yet to really touch a kh game in years, so i'm a bit rusty on a lot of this stuff.

Anyway, i have to say that Kingdom Hearts for me at it's beginning was definitely the game to enjoy, and like many older members here, it was the prime of any of its future titles. I didn't care about the basics as it was just a fun story for me. Had it restrained itself from being complicated, then yeah maybe the series would have seemed bland, but at the same time, it's really how they go about it that takes the toll.

I've played games that progress itself to its players as to giving itself an edge, but KH adds stuff to tie loose ends while creating more stuff that completely bloats the series into a muck of complete wtf. They've created characters to give other characters a push into fleshing out their characters, and then they throw them away, and if they re-use them...well how interesting are they the second time if they were so forgettable then?

KH is not a hard story to understand, but it has it's fill of useless complications in my opinion. Albeit the situation with Xehanort is becoming clearer after DDD, but it's funny how everything up to that point felt like filler. Often times i felt like i wasn't playing Kingdom Hearts anymore. I feel like this series is riddled with trying to make itself look cool on top of it's story, if that's what growing up with a series means.... I played Kingdom Hearts 1 when i was 13, and i'm getting close to my mid 20's and in no way has my view of gaming changed. I know in myself what game feels good as opposed to feeling a little off, and i understand everything is opinionated, so don't all radical naysayers of OP's thread get their panties in a bunch, but too much is too much, y'know?

I think Kingdom Hearts is capable of being a good game by just making a simplified transition to being a little darker, with few complicated stories just to add twists. Most games do that anyway, but i think Kingdom Hearts...didn't know what it really wanted to do, so the story added more than it really needed. It's a bit laughable sometimes...but again, just my opinion

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Has FF13 Versus been released yet? No. It still applies.

What I was implying was:

http://forums.khinsider.com/final-f...sy-versus-xiii-bearsauce-269.html#post5971099

Keep in mind that the "no KH3 until Versus is done" comment was years ago.

I don't believe with current circumstances that it holds much water right now.

As in, they're not necessarily going to wait until Versus is done to work on KH3. When they said FF Versus had to be finished first I'm pretty sure they weren't necessarily expecting it to take this long (they ran into problems with working on the new engine and the game's had a LOT of retooling since being initially conceived). It only started full production in 2011. They wouldn't have announced the game in like 2006 if they were only planning to start it in 11.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Has FF13 Versus been released yet? No. It still applies.

Not really. Remember there are two development teams for Kingdom Hearts. One of them is off in Tokyo doing whatever they are doing with Versus (PDD1), and the other is in Osaka (PDD5 or whatever) with a small number of them working on the HD remasters. They have also been stated to be working on multiple projects, and the fact they are doing the HD remasters at all shows they are very familiar with the architecture of the PS3.

I'm not saying it means they are working on KH3 or anything, but I am saying that PDD1 isn't the only team that can work on it and that the team in Osaka is well more than able to work on KH3 if need be.

Xsora5X

I hope they still keep all the disney worlds they put in the 1st 2 games, I mean ya it can get old going back through them, but its nostalgic. And then they need to add more like from pixar. KH3 needs to go ALL OUT.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Not necessarily. If KH3 goes all out, what's left for KH4?
PAlso, I loved the worlds in KH1 and 2 it not all of them need to return, especially if they're gonna add new ones.

Alienator11

If Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out and the series ends, what is one to do with their life? lol

noheartx

Taylor, insane as you are, that was a beautiful article. Seriously I'm impressed you kept the whole wife thing going. I laughed a lot.

But anyway I'd have to say I agree with everything you said. KH has been a dry formula since two. How would everyone feel about KH3 going open world? I think it would be an entirely new concept, considering that you travel between worlds. Might be the fresh start the series needs?

dwroxas16

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep helped redeem the series. the worst of it was repetitive worlds we've already seen, an end world that seemed cut short, and the whole of it all being on a handheld. Otherwise great gameplay and story.

Days, ReCoded, and 3D were okay-good. not great by any means. 3D had the best gameplay, and a mind blowing ending, but overall was just lengthy. I enjoyed Days story, but the repetitive missions once again drew out the story to make points seem worthless and forgettable. ReCoded could have been summed up in all of one scene, and it became it's own game. it was the best gameplay on the original DS, but no one really asked for a DS game anyway.

now they are releasing the HD remakes on PS3, and if KH3 ever comes out it will most likely be next gen, PS4. and the odds of backwards compatibility from ps3-ps4 haven't been looking good.

I just believe that if KH3 does ever finally release, through all the troubles we've had and the wait we've been put through, it wont be enough. it will be the ultimate hype ruining a game in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back