• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A few questions about Deep Dive

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

m4c1

Somewhere drawing while listening to music
Okay so I just joined a few minutes ago and thought I'd ask a few questions that have been bugging me for the past few months...most of which were brought up by one of my friends. Anywho,
Was Riku the one who summoned all the heartless that attacked Roxas? I noticed when Riku jumps off the skyscraper that a few heartless jumped after him too, so I don't think he was the one who summoned them. But my friend begs to differ. I just want to know...
Why would Roxas have tossed up the oblivion keyblade to Riku? I mean this is the guy who's about to capture him, so why would he? Riku, as we learned, didn't need a weapon, such as that, to capture Roxas, but by giving him the keyblade that would just help Riku out even more. I guess this might be revealed more so in 358/2 Days since we know there are some scenes with the two of them together.
Was gravity just taking the day off or something? Roxas was able to run up the skyscraper without any trouble at all. As far as I remember, the KH characters didn't have Naruto ninja powers. Yes, this was a sort of stupid question I know...my friend brought it up, not me.

So yeah, wish all you guys could've heard this argument ^^ It was hilarious! He and I get into arguments on a daily basis and it never gets old XD I tried to get him into KH by showing him Deep Dive and letting him borrow KH1, but he didn't like it T_T Oh well. But if any of you guys could explain this, that would be great :) Sorry I made this so long...

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Was Riku the one who summoned all the heartless that attacked Roxas? I noticed when Riku jumps off the skyscraper that a few heartless jumped after him too, so I don't think he was the one who summoned them. But my friend begs to differ. I just want to know...

It's in TWTNW. It's crawling with Heartless without anyone summoning more of them. Roxas was probably fighting them on his way 'out'.

Why would Roxas have tossed up the oblivion keyblade to Riku? I mean this is the guy who's about to capture him, so why would he? Riku, as we learned, didn't need a weapon, such as that, to capture Roxas, but by giving him the keyblade that would just help Riku out even more. I guess this might be revealed more so in 358/2 Days since we know there are some scenes with the two of them together.

Riku wasn't there to capture Roxas at the time, and for better or worse, didn't summon his Soul Eater. Roxas, seeing someone else in the same position as him (swarmed by the Heartless) offered him a weapon. That way, he'd have to fight less Heartless, and should the need arise, summon the Oblivion back whenever he needed to (or so I hope he knew about that ability).
It's not until after the Heartless were taken care of that Roxas and Riku turned to fight each other.

Was gravity just taking the day off or something? Roxas was able to run up the skyscraper without any trouble at all. As far as I remember, the KH characters didn't have Naruto ninja powers. Yes, this was a sort of stupid question I know...my friend brought it up, not me.

Sora and Xemnas took up on that scene setting too. It's not that uncommon to defy gravity in those games, and to be honest, it's not impossible should one get enough momentum.

Apollo

Silver Member
Okay so I just joined a few minutes ago and thought I'd ask a few questions that have been bugging me for the past few months...most of which were brought up by one of my friends. Anywho,

Had there been no gravity Roxas wouldn't have moved the way he did through the air.

Tell your friend it's a video game, get over it.

m4c1

I tried to use the fact that it happened in Xemnas and Sora's fight as well, but that didn't help

I've tried to tell him it's just a game, several times in fact...you have no idea how incredibly stubborn he is...and he constantly over thinks things...but that's what makes arguing with him so much fun ^^

Thank you Apollo and Rain for clearing that up :)

Attemisc

#1 - In the skyscraper area of TWTNW there are heartless everywhere and heartless and nobodies fight each other, that's just how it goes.

#2 - Roxas didn't give Riku the keyblade. Watch the cutscenes from KH2 FM+ and you'll see that Roxas and Riku were actually fighting. Roxas threw the keyblade at Riku hoping to hit him, but Riku caught it and used it as a weapon against Roxas. And yes, Riku was there to capture Roxas. It wasn't the first time they had met.

#3 - In theory, Roxas could be fast enough to move up the skyscraper without falling by using ledges from the windows. But in my honest opinion, it looks hella cool so why bash it?

Tell your friend the internet people said he is a silly man.

Muse

you look atrocious
#1 - In the skyscraper area of TWTNW there are heartless everywhere and heartless and nobodies fight each other, that's just how it goes.

Not really. The Heartless will follow anyone with power, hence the Org. being able to control them in KH2.

#2 - Roxas didn't give Riku the keyblade. Watch the cutscenes from KH2 FM+ and you'll see that Roxas and Riku were actually fighting. Roxas threw the keyblade at Riku hoping to hit him, but Riku caught it and used it as a weapon against Roxas.

No. If Roxas threw the Keyblade trying to hit Riku, he would have summoned it back if it didn't hit him. But he didn't. Because he gave Riku the Keyblade to use to fight the Heartless. After they were done, then they began to fight each other.

And yes, Riku was there to capture Roxas. It wasn't the first time they had met.

Do you have any proof to support this? From their conversation they had, it seemed like it was the first time they met.

And while yes, I do believe that Riku was there to capture Roxas, I do not believe that they had met prior to this.

Attemisc

Not really. The Heartless will follow anyone with power, hence the Org. being able to control them in KH2.

Except their fight takes place during 358/2 Days =)

No. If Roxas threw the Keyblade trying to hit Riku, he would have summoned it back if it didn't hit him. But he didn't. Because he gave Riku the Keyblade to use to fight the Heartless. After they were done, then they began to fight each other.

Ah, but Riku is a keyblade master and if it were so easy for Roxas to summon the keyblade back to him, he would have done so as soon as all the heartless were gone. Even Sora had to focus to summon his keyblade back to him during his fight with Roxas.

Do you have any proof to support this? From their conversation they had, it seemed like it was the first time they met.

Actually yes, I do =D
Riku says in KH2 that he has fought Roxas once before and that he was beaten by Roxas and had to retreat. It was only after giving in to the darkness inside him that Riku was able to return and defeat Roxas. Even though we see Riku fall to the ground during his fight with Roxas, we then see him turn the tables and use the powers of darkness to capture Roxas. We can therefore assume that the fight we see in KH2 and KH2 FM+ is only the 2nd fight the two had.

Thank you and goodnight.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Except their fight takes place during 358/2 Days =)

And that changes nothing about what she said.

Ah, but Riku is a keyblade master and if it were so easy for Roxas to summon the keyblade back to him, he would have done so as soon as all the heartless were gone. Even Sora had to focus to summon his keyblade back to him during his fight with Roxas.

Riku lost his hold over the KK in Hollow Bastion. And that's even if we say that really is the same Keyblade Roxas is holding and he doesn't somehow has his own Keyblade separate from the one Sora has. He didn't call it back either because he didn't want to - why should he he kind of beat Riku up - or he didn't know he could. Notice how surprised he was when Sora pulled it off against him, indicating he might've not known it was possible to call it back at will.

Actually yes, I do =D
Riku says in KH2 that he has fought Roxas once before and that he was beaten by Roxas and had to retreat. It was only after giving in to the darkness inside him that Riku was able to return and defeat Roxas. Even though we see Riku fall to the ground during his fight with Roxas, we then see him turn the tables and use the powers of darkness to capture Roxas. We can therefore assume that the fight we see in KH2 and KH2 FM+ is only the 2nd fight the two had.

...yes. Round 1 as normal Riku. Riku lost.
Round 2 as Rikunort in which Riku gave in to his Darkness. Riku wins without too much of a fight. Same fight, two rounds, same thing.

Thank you and goodnight.

Indeed.

Muse

you look atrocious

Sora's fight with Roxas is redundant. The two are essentially the same.

Roxas could have summoned the Keyblade back anytime that he wanted to. The only reason that a Keyblade is ever allowed to leave the hands of its master and be held by someone else is if said master gives the person permission to use their Keyblade, such in the case of Riku and Kairi in KH2.

Actually yes, I do =D

You do realize that they had two fights in a row, yes? The first one in which Roxas beats Riku, and then the second one in which Riku turns into Rikunort and defeats Roxas completely. Riku never left and then came back.

m4c1

ahh yes. i love reading these discussions especially when some of the more intelligent people jump in cuz it answers questions and clears up points i had never thought to think of :)

I'm right there with you ^^ and where in the world did my last reply go? Did I delete it and not even know it? Weird... I really don't know how to work with this yet...

Coeurl

Demon Dance
wow, this thread has gotten a long way...

from the gravity-defying moves to riku/roxas/sora battles..

anima66

speaking of this being before kh2 this scene better be playable in days damnit.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
it probably is Riku might be a final boss...
its probably gonna be like FFVIT CC where you just keep fighting until you lose all your HP...

That would be pretty damn disappointing, and kind of illogical. Once Riku turned into Xehanort, there wasn't much of a fight. He just pwned Roxas to the ground and took him away.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
Maybe there is going to be some unexpected thing that is going to happen after you battle Riku. Maybe something to do with Xion or something. By the way I agree with Rain on the Deep Dive thing. It looks like Roxas tossed Riku the keyblade so he could help him beat the heartless.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
Riku lost his hold over the KK in Hollow Bastion. And that's even if we say that really is the same Keyblade Roxas is holding and he doesn't somehow has his own Keyblade separate from the one Sora has. He didn't call it back either because he didn't want to - why should he he kind of beat Riku up - or he didn't know he could. Notice how surprised he was when Sora pulled it off against him, indicating he might've not known it was possible to call it back at will.

Another Report said:
The Keyblade that Roxas used and the Keyblade that Sora once lost in Castle Oblivion are the same thing. Furthermore, these two both used the Keyblade at the same time.

They're the same Keyblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back