• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Dusk Speaks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you find the dusk speaking extraordinary?

• You find it as unusual for a dusk to speak.

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • You see nothing strage about it talking.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • A member from the Organization was speaking.

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xinjust

((First of all, just wanted to say if there was already a thread like this before, forgive me and answer anyway.))

In Twilight Town, on the first day when Roxas attempted to catch the "thief", he corned a dusk at the gates of the Abandoned Mansion.

Before they fought, I believe it spoke: "We have come for you my liege."

If I'm not mistaken, I don't believe any other 'lower nobodies' or lower heartless have spoken before. Do you find this extraordinary at all, or just one of the abilities lower nobodies can perform, that just wasn't shown again in the story. Or, do you believe it was a member of the Organization, speaking from beyond somehow?

This is technically a spoiler(My post), so, yes.

Okay, but the Twilight Town that Roxas was in was a data Twilight Town, so the Organization could very well have been speaking for the dusk.

A

Audo

This is technically a spoiler(My post), so, yes.

Okay, but the Twilight Town that Roxas was in was a data Twilight Town, so the Organization could very well have been speaking for the dusk.
If it was the other Organization members speaking through the Dusk they wouldn't call Roxas their leige, because that would imply that Roxas has a higher rank than them and that they consider him their king/leader which in fact is Xemnas.

So i'd go and said it was either the programming of the Data world going weird because of the Nobodies, or the Nobodies hacked into the computer and made it seem like they could speak, but i don't actually think they can really speak.

Almagest

It's possible that an Organization member could speak through a lower nobody, but I doubt that was the case with the dusk speaking to Roxas mostly because I don't think any of the members would refer to Roxas as "my liege."

I thought the dusk said "We have come for you, my liege" because the dusks were sent to get Roxas, and it called him "my liege" because Roxas once controlled lower nobodies, just like the other members of the Organization.

Xinjust

If it was the other Organization members speaking through the Dusk they wouldn't call Roxas their leige, because that would imply that Roxas has a higher rank than them and that they consider him their king/leader which in fact is Xemnas.

So i'd go and said it was either the programming of the Data world going weird because of the Nobodies, or the Nobodies hacked into the computer and made it seem like they could speak, but i don't actually think they can really speak.

That could be a possibility. If anyone goes with a computer hacking theory, just chose you don't see anything strange I guess. But, do you think the Dusk would be remotely smart enough to hack a computer system? I mean, I know they were able to breech inside, but do you think they would be smart enough, to change the program of a town created by Ansem the Wise?

State

Awards
I don't find it strange since they were humans. I think they didn't put anymore talking Nobodies due to it might imply the plot to be very deep.

A

Audo

That could be a possibility. If anyone goes with a computer hacking theory, just chose you don't see anything strange I guess. But, do you think the Dusk would be remotely smart enough to hack a computer system? I mean, I know they were able to breech inside, but do you think they would be smart enough, to change the program of a town created by Ansem the Wise?
Well they caused glitches in the system which I assumed was due to them hacking (The 7 wonders of Twilight Town, or whatever)

Gabo

The boy who blocked his own shot
I don't find it strange since they were humans. I think they didn't put anymore talking Nobodies due to it might imply the plot to be very deep.

I find it a tad odd.
It doesn't seem like an everyday thing.

Well they caused glitches in the system which I assumed was due to them hacking (The 7 wonders of Twilight Town, or whatever)

Glitches and coherent speech are a tad different, aren't they?
xD

Apollo

Silver Member

Yes, I agree with that theory. It would seem that makes the most sense because I don't rember any of the other Org members call eachother leige. Even Xemnas

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Yeah, I was guessing it was somebody in the Organization acting as the Dusk and speaking through it. It's not hard to miss by the way.

State

Awards
OBJECTION!
Do we have evidence that the Nobody was speaking by his mouth or by mind?

Xinjust

Yeah, I was guessing it was somebody in the Organization acting as the Dusk and speaking through it. It's not hard to miss by the way.

Yes, but if it were a member from Organization XIII, they wouldn't have addressed him as 'liege.' That would mean they are below him, and even with the fact that Roxas holds the keyblades, I doubt any member would call him liege. From the time Roxas joined the Org., every last member was deceiving him in a way, by keeping the Sora factor away from him. Even Axel hid Sora's existence from Roxas.

In other words: Every member seen Roxas as below themselves. ((Excluding Axel's feelings of friendship.))

A

Audo

OBJECTION!
Do we have evidence that the Nobody was speaking by his mouth or by mind?
Well the fact that he unzips his "mouth" before he says anything would point to him speaking from his mouth.
But i guess it could also be a mind thing o_O

Glitches and coherent speech are a tad different, aren't they?
xD
lol, i was just saying if they could have hacked the system to make glitches, and steal the word Photo, and what not, then speaking wouldn't be out of the question. IMO, at least.

Gabo

lol, i was just saying if they could have hacked the system to make glitches, and steal the word Photo, and what not, then speaking wouldn't be out of the question. IMO, at least.

I dunno. I can't help but disagree. The glitches in Twilight Town. They were from something that already existed. (The Doppleganger was because of the reflection, the multiple Vivi's appearing in a place where Vivi trains, etc) They all had something to build off of. What the Dusk said was completely original.

I think I'm babbling...
xD

EDIT:
Well the fact that he unzips his "mouth" before he says anything would point to him speaking from his mouth.
The screen goes black, shows the line 'We have come for you my liege' Then the scene in front of the mansion resumes, and the Dusk opens its mouth

Oh. And yay for Kimya Dawson/Moldy Peaches lyrics in your away, Riku-Keyblade!

Last edited:

State

Awards

*moves finger sideways*
The being could've unzip his mouth so taht the message goes clears.

A

Audo

I dunno. I can't help but disagree. The glitches in Twilight Town. They were from something that already existed. (The Doppleganger was because of the reflection, the multiple Vivi's appearing in a place where Vivi trains, etc) They all had something to build off of. What the Dusk said was completely original.

I think I'm babbling...
xD

lol that makes a lot of sense. Hmm.... why don't we all just settle on the fact that Roxas' story was just weird. Yay.

I think, personally, the scenario writer was told to include that quote somewhere (it's from Deep Dive') and he thought this would be a lovely spot even though it could also present some problems in the long run.

*moves finger sideways*
The being could've unzip his mouth so taht the message goes clears.
Yet that still implies it was talking from it's mouth if it needed to open its mouth so that its message could come out clear and be heard, right?

Gabo

Yet that still implies it was talking from it's mouth if it needed to open its mouth so that its message could come out clear and be heard, right?
***Points at my last post which I edited wayyyyy too late*

EDIT:
Quote:
The screen goes black, shows the line 'We have come for you my liege' Then the scene in front of the mansion resumes, and the Dusk opens its mouth

Oh. And yay for Kimya Dawson/Moldy Peaches lyrics in your away, Riku-Keyblade!

State

Awards
lol that makes a lot of sense. Hmm.... why don't we all just settle on the fact that Roxas' story was just weird. Yay.

I think, personally, the scenario writer was told to include that quote somewhere (it's from Deep Dive') and he thought this would be a lovely spot even though it could also present some problems in the long run.

Baseless conjecture. It might've deziped to open his mouth and send a message thrught "Nobody Language" as in only a superior Nobody can nderstand for a lesser Nobody.

A

Audo

***Points at my last post which I edited wayyyyy too late*
Really? I could have sworn it was the other way around.... anyone have a link?
EDIT: Hmm you're right...
Honestly though, that doesn't make much sense to me. But then yes, I guess it is in Roxas' mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back