• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"A connection error has occurred"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulkeeperx

Awards
Is anyone getting this message a lot now? Since a few days ago I've been getting this message when I try to play, making it unplayable. My WiFi is fine, I made no changes to my router, 1 out of 12 tries to trying to log in will be successful, same goes for switching between different events, the coliseum, etc. I have the game on my iPad, but I downloaded it on my phone today and it works better, but I'll still get the message maybe a few times between switching between quests or special events. On my iPad I got a VPN app after some google searching, and that worked for a bit, but now it's stuck loading without the message even popping up. I've had no problems with my internet, so this leads me to believe it's on SE's end, am I alone on this?

Soulkeeperx

Awards
I've had no issues at all, so it unfortunately is probably something on your end.
Yeah you're right, I tried playing other online games on my PS4 and couldn't connect to their servers either, which is strange because games on my PC have no issue

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Soul; sounds like what happened with me on FFXIV a few weeks back. AT&T (my ISP) was having a problem known as a DNS server issue. Translation; the internet in our house wouldn't connect to the FFXIV servers, was having trouble connecting to Paypal, my brother's Xbox One and Xbox 360 wouldn't connect to the internet, and goodness knows what else. (there might of been a few other sites/gaming stuffies it hated that I didn't go to. Steam seemed to be okay though.)

I called tech support and let them know, I also gave them the ips of all known FFXIV stuffies for good reason. It's working now without me having to monkey around (I'm on the default DNS now), so I'm good. Check with your ISP, if not you might have to try changing the DNS in your router. This should tell you how to do that.

Other than that I don't know what to tell you.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I've not had that kind of problem occur to mine, so it maybe just for you. But then again, I don't know if anyone else is having the same particular problem.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Yeah I get that message sometimes, it usually goes away in a few seconds but sometimes I have to wait a bit before clicking "ok" for it to work again. It doesn't happen too often so it's not a big problem for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back