• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Bit Of Me

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoOmniscience

Awards
So I thought I'd take the time to share some of the music I recorded before I developed a most detrimental case of writer's block. I am also working on a FanFiction that is a crossover between Kingdom Hearts and the classic Evil Dead. Should anyone be interested in reading the first part. Let me know, and i'll see what I can do.

Mainly just fans(friends) personal favourites.
Mainly instrumental guitar tracks. Tried to embed them but for some reason the preview post didn't look quite up to par.

https://soundcloud.com/heavymetalja/passing-through-the-mist

https://soundcloud.com/heavymetalja/vector

Dr. Mellow by Heavy Metal Jesus - YouTube

Will You Miss Me? - YouTube

Feel free to leave your thoughts. Don't worry, I don't bite.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Yes, I'd like to read your cross over with Kingdom Hearts and classic Evil Dead. Even though, I don't know what classic "Evil Dead" is. C:

As for your instrumental pieces on guitar. Thank you for sharing it with us. <3 I really like the last one most. "Will You Miss Me?" It touches me in a way, that makes me want to cry. Something about parting ways, and being missed, can be both sad and beautiful at the same time. Might be even inspired to write something after listening to it.

Sorry I can't provide you any criticism. I don't know much about music, and listen to music out of enjoyment.

NoOmniscience

Awards
That is great, I only wanted to see people enjoy it. That's the point. Music had created such a powerful catharsis for me, I always wanted to pass that onto people. I'll message you about the best way of getting you the fanfiction, and what I mean by Classic "Evil Dead" I mean the Evil Dead films starring Bruce Campbell as "Ash Williams" instead of Jane Levy as Mia. Very cheesy horror films.

NoOmniscience

Awards
Well besides complete incompetence at bass and drums. At first it was songs like Last Resort by Papa Roach, and Get Down with The Sickness by Disturbed. Eventually that moved onto Slipknot and even Behemoth. Now It's come to Devin Townsend and all of his work. From his albums back in the 90s from Strapping Young Lad to his most recently released album "Epicloud".
Songs that inspire me to play guitar are some of the following. Devin Townsend - Life - YouTube
Devin Townsend - By your command [HQ] - YouTube
Devin Townsend - Where We Belong - YouTube
Strapping Young Lad - Love? (720p) - YouTube
Unfortunately Devin Townsend is a mutant and I can't play some of his more complicated songs, or songs that require my to stretch my fingers to unthinkable distances in order to reach the proper fret.
Concerning bass songs like Coast by Devin Townsend definitely has spurred my incentive to try harder at the bass. Devin Townsend Project - Coast - YouTube

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Well besides complete incompetence at bass and drums. At first it was songs like Last Resort by Papa Roach, and Get Down with The Sickness by Disturbed. Eventually that moved onto Slipknot and even Behemoth. Now It's come to Devin Townsend and all of his work. From his albums back in the 90s from Strapping Young Lad to his most recently released album "Epicloud".
Songs that inspire me to play guitar are some of the following. Devin Townsend - Life - YouTube
Devin Townsend - By your command [HQ] - YouTube
Devin Townsend - Where We Belong - YouTube
Strapping Young Lad - Love? (720p) - YouTube
Unfortunately Devin Townsend is a mutant and I can't play some of his more complicated songs, or songs that require my to stretch my fingers to unthinkable distances in order to reach the proper fret.
Concerning bass songs like Coast by Devin Townsend definitely has spurred my incentive to try harder at the bass. Devin Townsend Project - Coast - YouTube
Well, practice makes perfect, so I've heard.

NoOmniscience

Awards
That makes things tricky then.

Quite so, see my fingers barely longer than average, and more chubby than long, so it makes it difficult to do something like this since the following song requires me to either sell my soul to the devil in order to stretch the ligaments in my fingers far enough apart, or get longer fingers. Not that I'm complaining, the only other thing I can do that usually works is find some other custom tuning that is different from the custom tuning the song is currently in right now. Which is either Open C or Open B. Awake! - YouTube

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Quite so, see my fingers barely longer than average, and more chubby than long, so it makes it difficult to do something like this since the following song requires me to either sell my soul to the devil in order to stretch the ligaments in my fingers far enough apart, or get longer fingers. Not that I'm complaining, the only other thing I can do that usually works is find some other custom tuning that is different from the custom tuning the song is currently in right now. Which is either Open C or Open B. Awake! - YouTube

I guess that could work. Well, you have to work with what you have.

NoOmniscience

Awards
Have you thought about playing Sanctuary on the guitar?

Actually that is one of the songs I'm working on learning. I'm even learning Lazy Afternoons, and I've also learned Traverse Town. I don't stick to just metal and prog, but include John Williams, Hans Zimmer, Yoko Shimomura, Utada, and etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back