• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

5 Incredible Ways Chrono Trigger is Actually a Retelling of the Bible

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Today marks the 20-year anniversary of the American SNES release of Chrono Trigger! I have played this game many, many times. It's a bit on the easy side, but it has truly stood the test of time pun intended! with its unforgettable story and characters.

But what if I told you there was a way for us to appreciate CT even more? Beneath its surface lie many Biblical parallels to consider. These are just a few:

1. Crono is Jesus Christ

Vm5QGtn.png

Note how Crono is posed here: arms raised, legs together. It looks suspiciously like he's being crucified, the same way Jesus died. Both Crono and Jesus sacrifice their own lives in order to save people. Crono can be also be resurrected if the player so chooses.

2. Melchior, Belthasar, and Gaspar

oqjuwLU.jpg

Am I referring to the Three Gurus of Zeal, or the Three Wisemen? …or both?

3. In CT, you fight to avoid what's essentially the Apocalypse, also known as the Book of Revelation

8BgnyYZ.png

Lavos is an alien that comes crashing down to the earth in 65,000,000 B.C. in the form of a comet, not unlike the comet Wormwood. Both cause the end of the world.

4. Magus is the False Prophet

jL0JfQC.png

During the best part of CT, Magus disguises himself as a prophet to "aid" Queen Zeal by accurately predicting the future. Except he's not really predicting the future, hence the parallel.

5. Johnny the Baptist

j98mJXm.jpg

Johnny and John the Baptist not only share the same namesake, they both have large followings and live away in the wilderness. While John the Baptist baptizes Jesus through a ritual, Johnny the motorbike also has a ritual of his own: by beating him in a race, he comes to accept Jesu—er, I mean Crono.

Coincidence? You decide!

Order a copy of Chrono Trigger for the DS on Amazon and repent today! It features a more polished translation, compared to the SNES version's script. (In other words, it's almost like the NIV translation of the Bible.)

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
REPENT REPENT OR THEE LORD THEREALANSEM WILL SMITE YA SOOOOOOOOOOL

Eliyah

Banned
All video games and movies do this now days. FFx is another great example.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
All video games and movies do this now days. FFx is another great example.
"These days?" Nah, all forms of storytelling have been doing this since forever. Something I learned in literature class: when in doubt, it's from the Bible. It's one of the most influential set of stories and history in all of human existence. :p

Eliyah

Banned
"These days?" Nah, all forms of storytelling have been doing this since forever. Something I learned in literature class: when in doubt, it's from the Bible. It's one of the most influential set of stories and history in all of human existence. :p

I said video games and movies. Not legends and story books. Movies didn't even use to have sound and were usually focused on the trials of the times. Lots of old westerns and crazy racist crap. videoGames use to be just arcade ping pong.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Sounds like you had a good teacher

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I said video games and movies. Not legends and story books. Movies didn't even use to have sound and were usually focused on the trials of the times. Lots of old westerns and crazy racist crap. videoGames use to be just arcade ping pong.

Note that I said "all forms of storytelling." This includes stories from any kind of medium. Of course "arcade ping pong" wouldn't have that, because they didn't even have stories to begin with. When you have a complex narrative, if you dig deep enough, know what to look for, and have the right mindset, I'll guarantee you that you'll find Biblical themes in almost anything.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Funny thing is you can even find it in Pong or Football lol.
The two pillars Jachin and Boaz with the star bouncing between them (or moon), ha ha, a stretch perhaps but it's there

Eliyah

Banned
Note that I said "all forms of storytelling." This includes stories from any kind of medium. Of course "arcade ping pong" wouldn't have that, because they didn't even have stories to begin with. When you have a complex narrative, if you dig deep enough, know what to look for, and have the right mindset, I'll guarantee you that you'll find Biblical themes in almost anything.

Note that i said video games and at first they didn't have story games. They just had arcade games but there is a reason why video games changed to be more story like. And its not when in doubt use the bible, the Hollywood film industry was founded and is run by yoi guessed it JEWS. They have reasons for doing this and its not writers block. Forget what you heard

Eliyah

Banned
Funny thing is you can even find it in Pong or Football lol.
The two pillars Jachin and Boaz with the star bouncing between them (or moon), ha ha, a stretch perhaps but it's there

Jachin and boaz arnt biblical tjough, thats occult but
How bout pacman or tetris?

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Jachin and boaz arnt biblical tjough, thats occult but
How bout pacman or tetris?
Yes they are, they're in the bible aren't they? I mean I haven't read that much believe it or not but they should be the pillars outside of Solomon's temple.
I'm really stretching it here but Tetris make me think about Babel, got nothing for Pacman, maybe the sun and the four elements.

The occult stuff is all in the bible if you know how to read and there's no point in finding stuff from the bible if they don't mean anything real to you. Looking for Occult shit and learning stuff about yourself is where the real fun is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back