• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

2nd keyblade?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubine

I was reading that "Kairi ISN't a keyweilder" thread and it was saying that Riku gave her his 'second' keyblade, someone also said that Roxas and Sora have a second one too, I know Roxas does but Sora now too? Where the hell did all this stuff come from?

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Sora's would be the one he uses for the Drive forms... Not much more to say on that really

Zubine

Sora's would be the one he uses for the Drive forms... Not much more to say on that really

I though thoe guys meant as in something that he could duel weild without having to do drive forms or some crap, what about Riku though?

Lancelot

Awards
Ah, nah, I would daresay they just meant the second one from yen Sid (aka the Drive Form Keyblade)... and Riku's one is a bit tricky to work out... Unless he obtained the second one during his travels in the Dark Realm, I don't really know where he could have gotten it from...

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
As far as I've been informed, he splits his keyblade into the Gayblade. Look at my signature :thumbsup:.
P.S. Thanks for reading my thread :)

Diomedes

I aim to misbehave
What they mean is that Riku's "second keyblade" is from his splitting WtD for dual-wielding.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
There's an explanation for everything. NO one seems to bother to listen.

Lancelot

Awards
^^ Touche, there always is. The method of listening decieves some people, so it seems...

And what exactly did you mean by that, xjeezlouisx?

joey440

I still hate it how they the game didnt explain the importance or relevance of two keyblades in the second game when they made a big deal of the one keyblade in the first KH.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I still hate it how they the game didnt explain the importance or relevance of two keyblades in the second game when they made a big deal of the one keyblade in the first KH.

Nomura all but said that Riku ending up with a Keyblade despite it all had much deeper meaning to it.

Another Report said:
When there isn’t a normal process of acquisition, I think it’s ok to think there is some deeper meaning there.

See? So it's not like they're just shrugging it under the carpet.
Also, KH1 was after BBS where Keybladers became scarce. Sora was one of the first, yet he was never truly stated to be the only one. What went on between him and Riku is specific to the KK, not that the KK was the only Keyblade in the Realm.

C

Colours

I was reading that "Kairi ISN't a keyweilder" thread and it was saying that Riku gave her his 'second' keyblade, someone also said that Roxas and Sora have a second one too, I know Roxas does but Sora now too? Where the hell did all this stuff come from?

The drive forms wil allow Sora to wield two,
because certain drives will boost his magic or strenght up.
Roxas never had two. His keyblade split into two.

Zubine

pretty interesting, I've never really heard this stuff before, so where does it give this information? I would like to read it in case I missed some other stuff. Also, this bring me to the thought, is Sora too noobish to split his own keyblade or they didnt give him the ability for the game's sake? Would splitting the keyblade make it weaker in any way?

C

Colours

pretty interesting, I've never really heard this stuff before, so where does it give this information? I would like to read it in case I missed some other stuff. Also, this bring me to the thought, is Sora too noobish to split his own keyblade or they didnt give him the ability for the game's sake? Would splitting the keyblade make it weaker in any way?

If you notice, he has 34 different keyblades, so he could switch them,
at anytime.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
pretty interesting, I've never really heard this stuff before, so where does it give this information? I would like to read it in case I missed some other stuff.

Not everything, but a lot -
Another Report
Happy reading.

Also, this bring me to the thought, is Sora too noobish to split his own keyblade or they didnt give him the ability for the game's sake?

I think that once we know the true nature of Duel Wielding we could better answer that question. After all, if Duel Wielding is based on, for instance, Sora having Ven in him, then Ven was mostly inside Roxas until the two merged at the start of KH2. Sora would thus be able to somehow use it only from that point onwards. And then there's the issue he'd be using Roxas as a proxy to "get to Ven", and not get to it directly, etc.

Would splitting the keyblade make it weaker in any way?

going by assumption that it's the same Keyblade, I'd guess that it would, much like splitting a Somebody into a Heartless and a Nobody - the two parts on their own could never be as strong as the Whole.
That's never really been addressed though.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
yeah, if you split, strengh split
unlike the Drive forms, there it isn´t the process of spliting.

Drive Forms = Duel Wielding. Therefore, if Duel Wielding lowers each individual blade's strength, it would lower it when Sora's Driving, too. Point is, Sora has both Keyblades at hand, so the general strength isn't changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back