• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If you had to erase one character from existence entirely, who would you choose?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

legacier

Awards
And don't say Xion because it already happened to her once. And because in this fandom she's such an easy target that you might as well draw a bullseye on her face... but I wouldn't touch that discourse with a ten-foot pole.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think for me it would be Axel. Never been too big on his character but he really rubbed me the wrong way in KH3, what with being relegated to just a fourth wall breaker.
What really bothered me about Axel was that he never seemed to care that Kairi was killed. I know most of the Guardians weren't visibly upset but she and Axel spent a good chunk of KH3 bonding with each other

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
And don't say Xion because it already happened to her once. And because in this fandom she's such an easy target that you might as well draw a bullseye on her face... but I wouldn't touch that discourse with a ten-foot pole.

Sorry, but you set yourself up for this. Xion was literally retconned into the story. She'd be the easiest character to write out without affecting the overarching plot.

Cumguardian69

Awards
beware, wall of rambling text that goes nowhere ahead. hidden in spoiler tags to save people from cringe/bad faith arguments/excessive rambling.

Kairi, Xion, Namine
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ventus
Spoiler Spoiler Show

SORA.

I know.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

okhi12

Awards
Vanitas. I don't really like the whole 'Ventus comes from the past and Vanitas is derivated from a Darkness being implanted/sealed within him' thing. 'Vanitas = Darkness' is not fully confirmed yet but unless Nomura is playing a big red herring, everything seems to point in that direction. I like Vanitas, I was glad to have him back in KH3 but I don't want him to be retconned like that, as interested as I am in knowing what or who Darkness truly is.

Also Yozora and everything related to him. Back then I was amazed by FF Versus XIII trailers and I am still a bit disappointed by FFXV, but KH is already quite a nonsensical mess on its own (it pains me to say that) and I don't think adding Nomura's saltiness about Versus to the equation will help. Once again, I find it interesting, but I'd prefer Verum Rex as a separate game unrelated to KH instead of shoehorning it into the KH universe.

If I have to choose only one, then Yozora. At least Vanitas was created for KH, not recycled from an unrelated universe.

Probably Maleficent. You could have kept her dead after KH1 and nothing would have changed. I know she is technically still relevant due to Chi but at this point I could do without her.

Really wish Hades took over as the main Disney baddie
I really like Hades as a character. Too bad that would mean more money to the despicable human being that voices him.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Personally I wouldn't get rid of anyone, but in the interest of the topic I may as well give a answer before this place turns into a rant thread on characters you don't like. Also it would be easy to just say Aeleus and Dilan.

I pick Zexion. If Marluxia didn't have Union X I would have picked him and just have Larxene be the main villain of CoM with Axel. I often forget Zexion was in the Organization. He was a poor opponent for Riku when compared to Ansem and Repliku. Honestly Repliku should have been in the original Organization to begin with. Zexion and Lexaeus have no achievements and accomplished nothing. Wasted spots on the Organization. I certainly don't hate either of them, but what did Zexion ever bring to the table? Ienzo is another story but Zexion? So if I had to it would be him. But again I don't wanna erase anyone.

I think for me it would be Axel. Never been too big on his character but he really rubbed me the wrong way in KH3, what with being relegated to just a fourth wall breaker.
It's a shame, Axel use to be in my top five favorite characters but ever since he became Lea and self aware I have not been a fan of his writing at all.

VentusAstra

^ Exactly. I miss when he was a badass in CoM, now I hate how he is in KH3.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
(1st choice) Kairi > (2nd) Ventus > (3rd) Maybe Xehanort in the sense that I didn't want every villain to be iterations of one character. I didn't really like the retconning of Xion into the Axel-Roxas story, although I didn't actually mind Xion herself.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, Yozora for sure. I didn't even think of him until I read everyone else's posts. That character would be my 2nd choice to go after Kairi.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

Ansem the wise is one of my favorite characters but i think he serves the series more in death than being alive again.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I feel like BBS could’ve been more compelling had it only focused on one MC. As much as I prefer Aqua and Ven over Terra, I think only having Terra for BBS could’ve made things have more weight.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
You mean besides the obvious?

I'd have to say...the seagull whose egg was stolen.

Seriously though, for me it'd be Huey, Louie, and Duey. I know time flows differently in all worlds, but how on earth are they still kids in 1 if they're the same age in BBS? It's like a mistake against nature. It bothered me too much, like that nagging feeling on the back of my head.

Secondly, ACT, because those three are a ticking time bomb, especially now that Remake is out. I shudder to think how Nomura is going to keep certain kinds of fans satisfied (because we all know they're there, no matter how much we deny it).

I'm not sure what to feel about Yozora though. Yeah, we know he's practically Nomura's saltiness made manifest, but the silver lining in this is since he's a KH character, Disney owns him, so Square can't really screw Nomura over this time, at least, not without the looming threat of a lawsuit or majority acquisition looming on their doorstep.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Kingdom Hearts 2 interview:

What triggered Roxas’ separation from the Organization?

As he kept having recurring dreams of Sora, someone he didn’t know, he felt he needed to leave the Organization to find out who these people he didn’t know were. As Axel didn’t want him to go, he didn’t tell Sora about Roxas in Castle Oblivion, did he?

Xion being erased wouldn't make a dent, Roxas left, and would have left, based on his own experience with Sora's memories. Literally, she's the most superfluous character in the series and exists solely for being Tomoco Kanemaki's self insert. She's the obvious answer because of that reason. KHII came first and was created without Xion, and because of that nothing would change the result no matter what went on in the "Roxas game".

If I had to pick anyone else, it would have been Axel/Lea. He's the prime example of why characters staying and becoming more relevant due to popularity is an issue. However, he's influenced certain parts of the story. When I think of a character's value, I imagine what the series would be like if they weren't there. If they weren't there, then they have to be replaced with an object or a similar character that serves the same purpose. Which defeats the point. That's why Kairi and Naminè can't be erased, their powers (and mistake in Naminè's case) affect the plot. And for more than one game.

That's also why Axel's not able to be written off from existence either, what with KHII, DDD, and Xion 2.0. But Worse coming in.

disney233

Awards
There are so many characters in KH. Many of them are basically pointless.
Yeah, sorry bud, but no. She is on the top list. Her death felt useless given that absolutely no one will remember her, and she just...SHE'S JUST THERE. Xion is LITERALLY just there to be the girl of the group because EVERY TRIO HAS TO HAVE ONE. Sorry man, but no. Xion is one of them. And you know who else is another that has no reason to be here and needed to be erased SOONER...y'know like...shouldn't have existed in the first place?

Young Xehanort.

The man was SOOOOOOOO unbearable from start to finish. He's just some edgy version of Xehanort that only appeared to make the series more difficult than it needed. DDD didn't need to go hard on adding TIME TRAVEL OF ALL GODAMN THINGS. And the way he died just furthers the point. He's just an unbearable brat that didn't need to be introduced.

But since HE'S been erased, Xion'll do. Doesn't matter if she 'already stopped existing' her existence has been retconned and returned thanks to KH3.

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
Only one? so much for me throwing frozen under the bus for the 10th time...
If I had to pick one, I'd have to put the brakes on Axel (get it?). He's too popular a character, and I hated his self reference (that "he's way too popular" to be killed") I'm tired of him getting all the merch, his keyblade, bond of flame, a pop figure and WAY TOO MANY diamond select representation (the guy's in like, 4 packs). Meanwhile other organization members like Xaldin and Demyx get the shaft because they're not as important to the narrative.

Jochira

Awards
Eraqus

I haven't played DR yet (still catching up at UX), but I've honestly never liked Eraqus. I know that his darkness phobia was due to Xehanort, but I don't like how ppl keep claiming that Eraqus have done nothing wrong and, instead pushed the blame on Terra. Eraqus's is almost as bad as Xehanort imo

I know the story would be greatly altered w/o him, but I still would write him out

Back