• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 Patch 1.06 adds "Special" to title menu

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Square Enix has released a new patch for KINGDOM HEARTS III which updates the title menu with a "Special" menu. This new Special menu now serves as the new home for Theater mode, the Memory Archive, and Tutorials. The patch also fixed "various issues" inside of the game.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

Happyfunshineman

Awards
I never really had much trouble with Guard, so what's the deal?
Guard is really good for the most part in KH3. Sora is usually completely invisible if he pulls off a successful block. The problem is, for some reason some attacks are glitched and can still hurt Sora after he has blocked. I can't find it, but there was an example going around of the triple Xehanort fight where Sora successfully blocks an attack but as he is blocking he is killed by Ansem's floor trap attack.

Edit:
Can’t find the video I was talking about, but here are some examples of common guard failures.

Anyways I’m glad the team is still trying to fix problems even if they haven’t been able to fix them all yet. Best of luck to them.

Last edited:

KeybladeLordSora

Motivation.
Awards
Guard is really good for the most part in KH3. Sora is usually completely invisible if he pulls off a successful block. The problem is, for some reason some attacks are glitched and can still hurt Sora after he has blocked. I can't find it, but there was an example going around of the triple Xehanort fight where Sora successfully blocks an attack but as he is blocking he is killed by Ansem's floor trap attack.

Edit:
Can’t find the video I was talking about, but here are some examples of common guard failures.

Anyways I’m glad the team is still trying to fix problems even if they haven’t been able to fix them all yet. Best of luck to them.
Ah, I see. That must be pretty frustrating for those doing level 1 runs and the like.

Ultima Spark

Edit:

Ansem's/Dark Riku's "floor trap" (I assume you mean the shadow claw/fang) is unblockable by design; there's a few other attacks like this (some obvious, others less so). I agree Marluxia's attacks have always been buggy regarding blocks though, I actually thought his scythe wheel (first part of his DM) was unblockable until I saw on video otherwise.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Ah them chaning the title menu is quite interesting, it makes me hope the DLC isn't far off anymore.

Also I wasn't aware of the issues brought up here. The guard fail one, sounds really annyoing for those that are actually good at timing it. But it's good to see they're still working on fixes.

Happyfunshineman

Awards
Ansem's/Dark Riku's "floor trap" (I assume you mean the shadow claw/fang) is unblockable by design; there's a few other attacks like this (some obvious, others less so). I agree Marluxia's attacks have always been buggy regarding blocks though, I actually thought his scythe wheel (first part of his DM) was unblockable until I saw on video otherwise.
So I found the clip. It compares KH2 block to KH3. The point is supposed to be that in KH2 when you block you get temporary iframes. So if KH3 was the same, even if there was an unblockable attack, the iframes from blocking a different attack should still be enough to save you. Watching the clip again though, I think its very much the creative intent for you to not be blocking when that attack is out. The Marluxia clips are probably better examples now.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They could have specified which "various issues" they fixed...
Many studios could do with specifying what “various issues” mean, but they dont and we, the fans, are left scratching our collective heads at what exactly was fixed. Was it something important, like damage scaling for bosses, or was it for fixing the right treasure being in a chest*?

(*Not actually looking for an answer, just prompting a question about how little info devs give out)

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Many studios could do with specifying what “various issues” mean, but they dont and we, the fans, are left scratching our collective heads at what exactly was fixed. Was it something important, like damage scaling for bosses, or was it for fixing the right treasure being in a chest*?

(*Not actually looking for an answer, just prompting a question about how little info devs give out)
Some of this can be scratched over lack of proper communication. I imagine the chief of programming told the programmers what to do, they did and they casually told Marketing "hey, we're gonna release an update" and they made a copy.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Some of this can be scratched over lack of proper communication. I imagine the chief of programming told the programmers what to do, they did and they casually told Marketing "hey, we're gonna release an update" and they made a copy.

Well, it isn’t the marketing department writing the patch notes. It’s the development team making the notes xD

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
"Various issues have been fixed" might as well mean "we're pretty sure we fixed something, but we're not sure what."

Back