• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sports ► 2009-10 NFL Season

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
Although I think it's going to be a shootout, I think it'd be entertaining to watch a game with both defenses playing extremely well.

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do
It's time to liven things up and make my picks.

Super Bowl XLIV:

New Orleans vs. Indianapolis - Ok, as a Colts fan, I can honestly say, The Saints offense scares the shit out of me. I mean, this offense looks damn near unstoppable. I hope our defense is ready for Brees. The Saints have one of the best Offensive Line I've ever seen. The man has not been touched all postseason. Their defense on the other hand doesn't scare me as much. Peyton has faced a Greg Williams defense before and always comes through. The Saints' Secondary will have their hands full against Wayne, Clark, Garcon, Collie, and more importantly, Peyton Manning. This guy is from another Planet. He beat The Ravens D and tore apart the league's top defense. The Saints' D pales in comparison to The Jets and Ravens. The problwm with our offense is we can't run the ball effectively and we struggle in the early goings and make a strong run to end the game. If we fall behind early, God Knows if we can come back against this team. They can score points for days. This is where our defense comes in. We need Freeney and Mathis to get some pressure and really come off the edge to attack Brees. If he has enough time, well, his play speaks for itself. They can run the ball so well and we have to shut down Bush and Thomas. Especially in those screen passes because both men could take a 5 yard screens and turn them into 40 yard gains. Our corners need to be ready because this will be quite a test and our Line Backers and tackles need to be ready to plug the middle and more imporantly, get to Brees. Our D has a nasty habit of being torched in the fist half, but they always make up for it in the 2nd Half because no offense scored in the 2nd Half on us this postseason. This going to be a test, one hell of a game, and of course people are picking against us. When Brady had us beat, I didn't give up, when Houston led us 20-7, I still had faith, when The Jets were looking like GODS in the 1st half with an 11-point lead, I still had faith. This game is no different. Colts Forever. This is our time. I believe we'll be out matched in the 1st Half, but when the 2nd Half comes, the real game is on. No turning back now, this is it. Colts 34, Saints 27.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Anyone hate SuperBowl Sundays these days? Hell the game itself is what 3 maybe 4 hours and pregame is like 7 hours total. Pretty has pulled me out of the game in recent years to the point that I am only watching the SuperBowl for the commercials, and even those got crappy in recent years.

Destiny's End

I don't mind that much. It's The Super Bowl, the biggest sporting extravaganza in the world. I'm not suprised they dedicate a whole day to Super Bowl coverage.

Now, back to the game. We're holding New Orleans to FGs which is nice, but Brees is looking comfortable now and our D needs to keep up the intensity because this offense can click at anytime.

Our Offense needs to come back to life too. Our O wasn't there the 2nd Quarter. We've gotta put this gmae away before New Orleans comes back. Keep up the pressure, better coverage and blitz schemes. C,mon Colts, I know we can do this.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
OH Peyton makes a huge mistake and loses the game. Colts who usually come out stronger in the second half just didn't seem to have that spark as usual. Brees and crew got together and did what they needed to do. Wasn't a overly great Super Bowl (was actually slightly boring with the lack of big plays I guess), but Saints win their first.

WHO DAT

Destiny's End

Man, talk about Frustration.

For it to end with a Pick 6 just breaks my heart. My Colts gave it their all. That's all we could hope and ask for. Guess there's always next season. Really wish we coulda had this one though.

KeybladeLegacy5

SENPAI!
dang it, I wanted the colts to win too...but I didnt even get to watch the second half cause I had a bball game :( I heard how it went down though...

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Damn the ending sucked, but New Orleans had it coming for sometime. They deserved it. I just wish we didn't lose it that way. I wonder who we're going to lose in order to keep Peyton next season. (Is his contract nearly up or what? I heard something about that and how he'll surely want more because of his brother.)

Edit: They're looking to extend it before he becomes a free agent?

Last edited:

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Well I think something about how clauses in his contract says it can end this year if he chooses, but if he stays with it then he is signed till 2012. I mean if he wants to be greedy and wants more money then he can opt out, but really I don't see much reason for him to do that. He has a good team around him and next year they could be in the same place and instead of sulking they would be celebrating.

Awards
There weren't many people that thought the Saints would win (myself included), let alone winning by that much.
And the best part is that it was Manning's fault. He pulled a Favre. Mark my words, years from now, that interception will be his defining play.

--->Manning Face

I wanted the Saints to win too. Not because I take pity on the city of New Orleans because of Katrina, but simply because, as a team, I like them. They kicked the shit out of my team, but I hold no grudges against them for that. Brees isn't just great in the pocket, he's great on the run too, and I think that in this particular instance it's what separated him (and made him superior to) Manning. Good for them.

I wonder if the Colts now regret not going for that perfect season. Would things have been different?

Destiny's End

Brees will never be superior to Manning first of all. His team won, but Manning had over 330 yards on that Saints' Defense and Brees had the better completion ratio because of a lack of a pass rush. Without Freeney to harass him in the 2nd Half, Brees had plenty of time to pick apart our defense. You forget that Freeney played the whole first half and the Saints' only posted 6 points. With Freeney out, they outscored us 25-7 in the 2nd Half.

Second of all, I agree about the perfect season. We were all goin pedal to metal until that Jets game. That decision sucked our team's energy. I knew we'd still make The Super Bowl regardless, but we wouldn't have that same energy we had throughout the Regular Season up to Week 16.

Third, I got faith that The Colts will be right back here next year with a healthy Freeney, Sanders, Gonzalez, Jackson, etc. If we had these key players, it would've been a different game. Although, with next season's schedule, I doubt we'll go 14-0 again, but we'll be back there. I dare any team to prove us wrong. Our defense is all ready fast and loose. We just need a good draft and get some explosiveness on both sides of the ball.

Thank You.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
There weren't many people that thought the Saints would win (myself included), let alone winning by that much.
And the best part is that it was Manning's fault. He pulled a Favre. Mark my words, years from now, that interception will be his defining play.
Well there is a difference in wanting to win and thinking who will win, but then again when they did a poll on ESPN for each state on who was going to win 48 of 50 states picked the Saints. Saints were the underdog but that didn't mean they didn't have a huge amount of support.

Brees will never be superior to Manning first of all.
Don't take it so seriously. The superior player tends to win the game, and Manning did make some mistakes you don't usually see out of him. I mean that pick he threw, I am not sure if he was just focused on the receiver or just didn't look around him, but it was obvious if Manning threw that a INT was going to happen. So Brees was superior to Manning for a day, but career wise they will never match.

Destiny's End

Problem was is that:

a) Manning didn't look at all his options and thought Porter would be easy for Wayne to get by.

b) Reggie let Porter get in front of him and that caused the pick.

To this day I still say they should've ran the ball. Addai had his best game all season long.

I'm not going to even comment on the Brees topic anymore. At the end of the day, we have the superior QB and Indy's got a better chance at makin it back to The Super Bowl than New Orleans does.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
You only say that cause your biased towards your favorite team lol.

Brees made the plays when he needed to and Manning couldn't. It was superiority for a day, like i said. Also Reggie didn't just let the guy in front of him. If you watch Peyton threw the ball to much in front and it could have gone either way on mistakes. Reggie didn't make the cut when he was suppose to or Manning threw to far in front. Yes the Colts can get back to the Super Bowl again, but off seasons can change any team so who knows what next season will bring.

Destiny's End

hmmm, touche lol

Be that as it may, There were other options. Dallas for one, who New Orleans had almost no answer for, Collie missed an easy catch down the middle that could've gotten us inside the 10. It was almost the same play like the TD catch against The Jets. It's not like he was being defended against. He just flat out missed.

I also saw on that 3rd and 5, that he was open on a slant play and I think Dallas was on a go route. I can't remember. I haven't seen the game due to bad memories, but we should've ran the................never mind. I'm done talkin about the game. It'll only bring me anger because of how we could've done this. This game should've been done in the 1st Half. You can ask me how, but after that, I'm done talkin about it.

Bring on the Combine and The Draft!!!

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I don't need to ask how cause the game is already over lol. Really the Colts did beat themselves out of the game, but at the same time Saints played well enough to win. If Colts make those plays the game would have most likely been alittle bit more closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back