• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix Reveals Japan Expo Schedule

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

As you may have heard from our previous report, Square Enix will once again have a huge presence at Japan Expo. They'll be presenting their biggest releases for the year and have invited various directors and producers of those titles, specifically Shinji Hashimoto, Naoki Yoshida, Yoshinori Kitase, and Motomu Toriyama of Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD fame respectively.

Japan Expo will take place from July 4-7 at the Paris-Nord Villepinte Exhibition Center in Paris, France, and not only will there be staff autograph sessions, but attendees will also be able to attend a special presentation. What this presentation will entail will remain a mystery until the day of the event, so to all you lucky fans, we hope you'll have fun and take advantage of the opportunity! You can view Square Enix's schedule below:

• 3:00 PM, July 4 2013
    Exclusive presentations of upcoming installments of the Final Fantasy series: Lightning Returns and FFX/X-2 HD Remaster with Yoshinori Kitase and Motomu Toriyama, and Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn with Naoki Yoshida
  • 5:15 - 6:30 PM, July 4 2013
    Autograph session with Yoshinori Kitase and Motomu Toriyama
  • 5:15 - 6:30 PM, July 4 2013
    Autograph session with Naoki Yoshida

(Note: For each of these sessions, the first 100 people who present themselves at the point signings during the day will receive a voucher that will allow them to access dedications.)

• 3:00 PM, July 6 2013
    Rediscover the origins of Kingdom Hearts with an exclusive presentation of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX with Shinji Hashimoto. Other surprises also await you!

What could these surprises be? And what dedications will the lucky 100 be granted a voucher to? Drop by and let us know what you think in our forums!

Source: Final Fantasy Network, Square Enix France blog

MarkulaMark

Awards
KH 2.5 calling it now!

Otherwise, maybe Kh Chi, but hoping for kh 2.5 so it will still get a ps3 release

Decrith

Damn, when they said they won't be holding back with their announcement, they weren't kidding. I love Square Enix!

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I'm hoping on a 2.5 release trailer. The announcement is inevitable but I want to see some footage in HD!!! Especially of Bbs!!!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Watch all of us get excited about 2.5 being announced and then they come out and say a few words about development on Kingdom Hearts X instead. I'll be a sad, sad panda.

Or even worse, it's just some sort of free merchandise for those in attendance or something and the surprises have absolutely nothing to do with any games.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Better be a kh2.5! Also can't wait to see what other surprises they have for us.
Get hyped!!! 8D

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Hopefully they'll start revealing 2.5 info. I'd love to see Terra, Aqua, and Ventus in HD and other HUD changes necessary for the HD transition.

Tanoichi

Man I really hope the extra suprise is gonna be Kingdom hearts HD 2.5..or another new trailer for Kingdom hearts 3!! :DD i so can't wait, does anyone know if there are gonna be any streams?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Man I really hope the extra suprise is gonna be Kingdom hearts HD 2.5..or another new trailer for Kingdom hearts 3!! :DD i so can't wait, does anyone know if there are gonna be any streams?

They've never streamed anything from Japan Expo before, but I would say it is entirely possible that Square Enix Presents may cover it!

kupo1121

Awards
Hopefully they'll start revealing 2.5 info. I'd love to see Terra, Aqua, and Ventus in HD and other HUD changes necessary for the HD transition.

I also would love to see BbS specifically in HD along with any scenes from Re:Coded that are new ^_^ I almost forgot about Chi lol I do hope they talk about it too, it looks very cool.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I don't know guys. As much as I'd like them to announce it ASAP, I feel like TGS would be the more appropriate place to announce 2.5. I could be wrong, but I don't think there's a huge chance of them announcing it.

kupo1121

Awards
I don't know guys. As much as I'd like them to announce it ASAP, I feel like TGS would be the more appropriate place to announce 2.5. I could be wrong, but I don't think there's a huge chance of them announcing it.

I could also see them announcing it at TGS since wasn't it around that time that KH1.5 was announced in Japan? However, I just don't know what those "other surprises" could elude to. I'm confident it isn't more KH3 news since it is so close to E3, they should have just rode the E3-hype train and added fuel to the fire IF it is more KH3 news so IDK what the other alternative is.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Yes, 1.5 was announced during last year's Tokyo Game Show.

Not particularly expecting anything big projects to be announced at Japan Expo, but some more information in general is definitely likely.

kupo1121

Awards
Not particularly expecting anything big projects to be announced at Japan Expo, but some more information in general is definitely likely.

I'm curious if the news will actually be anything really exciting. I'm not expecting it to be honestly which is fine, the fact that KH3 was announced can help me ride through the rest of the year without any new KH news and I'd be okay ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back