• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Re: Mix is 80-90% Complete!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

According to hokanko-alt @ livedoor blog, this week's issue of Famitsu Weekly contains some more information regarding KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 HD Re:Mix via Co-Director Tai Yasue, the highlight of which reveals that the game is around 80-90% completed! This is wonderful news, considering it's anticipate release is estimated to be around early 2013.

It also reported that the development team is currently looking into incorporating special features as post-game content. Whatever it is however, it will not be a secret ending.

Thanks to sok4atg8 via twitter for the tip.

Edit: Thanks to goldpanner, we have a translation Co-Director Yasue's interview:

---Moving on from that, with you working on the Kingdom Hearts series under Mr. Nomura, which title left the deepest impression on you?

Yasue: Birth by Sleep. It was like being in a dream. We packed in everything under the sun, so the busy period was hell (laughs). That said, having produced the remake title Re:Chain of Memories before that meant my team understood the series and things went along with the groundwork having been laid, and 3D was an important title that 'connected to the future of the series', so I have strong memories of all the titles.

---Mr. Yasue, please tell us the ideals you uphold and the points you take care with when producing games.

Yasue: I do everything I can to create something fun. I want to make games that are packed with a particular characteristic style. I think that the 'energy' I felt playing FFVII is important. With our recent titles it has been difficult to leave wiggle room because it always comes at a cost, but everyone on my team is highly motivated to incorporate new gameplay, so that's an area we attack without pulling any punches. When we get obsessed with an interesting idea, we get so wrapped up in it that we even lose our appetite for food and sleep. I want to always relish that feeling with my fellow staff.

New Titles from Mr. Yasue
KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX-
[PS3/Square Enix/TBA 2013/price TBA]
A HD remastering of three titles from the series. Among them, one title has been remade as a video volume. When we asked Mr. Yasue about development progress, he said 'Development is at about 80~90%. For this title we have been updating character and scenery textures as well as the controls. Right now we are considering some small element to add as a perk for clearing the game.'

-Roxas-XIII-

To be honest, I would think that it would be farther along than 80%-90% by now. I thought it would already have been in post-production. (unless they include that work in the 100%).

Either way, I'm getting excited! Hopefully we see a release date soon, or even better, a North American / European announcement.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, seems about right. I mean, it's not like it would take that much time just to remaster the game in HD and tweak the controls a bit. I'm sure most of its production was spent on the Days part.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Ahh I wasn't expecting new postgame content. I hope they do put them.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Yeah adding in post game content will be cool. It makes it more of an incentive to get this.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Post-game content? Like what? Playing as Riku after the game? Or more Coliseum or hidden bosses?

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I know it seems far fetched but it is seeming like we will see something Versus related in Q1 2013, and what better way than to show it to people who are most likely to buy it (KH fans)? What else would they add? Too much effort to make a brand new boss, too much effort to really make any changes to the game that aren't gameplay tweaks, etc.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
That would seem like a let down to the people who work to unlock a trailer about a game they might not care about.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I predict an unlockable Versus trailer.

It'd be interestingly hilarious if they did that considering the last trailer was in 2011. I don't think they will, though. It's been some years since SE's put a trailer of a game in another game if I remember correctly.

If they did do that by some luck, I'm not going to complain. 8D

I know it seems far fetched but it is seeming like we will see something Versus related in Q1 2013, and what better way than to show it to people who are most likely to buy it (KH fans)? What else would they add? Too much effort to make a brand new boss, too much effort to really make any changes to the game that aren't gameplay tweaks, etc.

Challenges to accomplish for trophies? idk. xD

That would seem like a let down to the people who work to unlock a trailer about a game they might not care about.

Well once one person can unlock it, it can be recorded. 8D

Still, I doubt that there's be a Versus trailer

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
The main thing that I forgot to add is actually that Kingdom Hearts Final Mix had a trailer for Final Fantasy X-2. That's been out for some time now, so it would be strange to keep it in there. It makes sense that they would replace it, especially if it is a game by the same development team.

Not getting my hopes up though.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The main thing that I forgot to add is actually that Kingdom Hearts Final Mix had a trailer for Final Fantasy X-2. That's been out for some time now, so it would be strange to keep it in there. It makes sense that they would replace it, especially if it is a game by the same development team.

Not getting my hopes up though.
Well, FF X had a trailer for KH. KH FM has a trailer for FF X-2. I think Dragon Quest had a trailer for FFXII.
It's not uncommon, it just feels unlikely.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well the only things (plausible and implausible) I can think of for KH HD additions after the game is done are:

1. Trailer for 2.5
2. New Boss Battle idk who
3. Post-game challenges for trophies
4. Rare chance of a Versus trailer
5. Even rarer chance of a FFX HD trailer (this is where SE points a finger out with a wink saying "Bet you forgot all about that ;D" and everybody shouts "NO.")
6. Dev diary/the making of KH

idk

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm hoping for concept art or silly behind-the-scenes stuff.

FF Type-0 for example had a mocap recording in the video files which was hilarious~

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm hoping for concept art or silly behind-the-scenes stuff.

FF Type-0 for example had a mocap recording in the video files which was hilarious~

xD That was great. And the Kazusa in a swimsuit which was random and weird xD

OH! What if Boss rebattle! Like in KH3D where you can refight them whenever but with a higher difficulty!

Shinra

Banned
Awards
xD That was great. And the Kazusa in a swimsuit which was random and weird xD

OH! What if Boss rebattle! Like in KH3D where you can refight them whenever but with a higher difficulty!

reminds me of the replica fights in KH2FM+ so something like that for every boss? that's what I believe you mean? although I watched an entire walkthrough of KH3D I didn't know they had that...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
This message is brought to you by Co-Director Tai Yasue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back