• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Lycanthrope
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• D
    Yup, I agree. Still have MSN.
    For me, getting into the Flaming Lips was similar to how I had to listen to Radiohead and Neutral Milk Hotel extensively until eventually I broke through and got it. Granted, Radiohead and Neutral Milk Hotel are now two of my favorite bands and the Flaming Lips remain a casual interest, but it was a similar experience.

Yeah, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind reminded me of a movie with a vibe similar to that of Girl, Interrupted, except strides better.

It's come to my attention that I have not yet posed a question to a veteran member that would usually classify me as a newb. I don't really want to disrupt the natural way of things too much, so here's my inquiry; is the chat exclusively for members with a certain post count, and if so, what is that number of posts? Thank you for humoring me. :3
    Oh, Silversun Pickups. Simply wonderful. <3 I was just a casual fan for a while, but when I saw them live they became one of my favorites.

As I count myself amongst the indie coffee-shop breed of white kids, I am obligated to be obsessive over the Smiths, the Shins, Cold War Kids, Arcade Fire and White Rabbits as well, so needless to say I'm ecstatic to see you type that. But it also seems that you have every band I would normally recommend covered. I'm sure you've at least heard of the Flaming Lips, but I would definately recommend them nevertheless, and one particular song by them entitled Worm Mountain comes to mind. I used to listen to it obsessively when I began my apparently lifelong addiction to the aforementioned bands. There are various other indie groups that come to mind, but that would constitute for an ever larger paragraph and so it will remain unsaid.

Of the books you mentioned, I like all of them, but Catcher in the Rye and the Great Gatsby especially shine. Whenever I discuss books I'll almost always recommend Brave New World by Aldous Huxley and Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury simply because they're wonderful classics, and I'll usually mention my personal favorite book which is House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. I often reference it due to its sheer amazingness. It's an experimental novel which really is unlike most anything I've seen before.

If you love those sorts of movies (surprise surprise I do too) you'll probably like I Heart Huckabees, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, etc. It's likely you've seen those, but c'est la vie I shall contribute nevertheless. (500) Days of Summer is basically my dvd version of a bible, by the way.
    D
    From NE Philly, about half an hour or so.
    D
    Yup. Still here in PA. Pennsbury district and whatnot.
    Well, I'll just do what I can to re-integrate myself.
    I'm actually quite hoping no one remembers me actually. It would be fun to meet the new generation of khinsiders.
    XD
    I'm sure many must have forgotten...
    Ha, just the fact that people change usernames is confusing enough XD
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back