• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Extended Kingdom Hearts 3 TGS 2018 Trailer Released

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Agrabah is traditionally a world in the middle string of the game so not sure it'll be a late stage world if it's returning but we still need worlds for 3 of the Darknesses. Three of them are world-less so they need worlds. If Agrabah is returning I see it being Vexen's.

Demyx and Isa would still need worlds. And I think we've all mostly agree that we have 2-3 Disney Worlds left to go.

Yeah, I think Vexen would be a good choice too. If for no other reason than I always had the headcanon as a kid that Blizzard Lord was his Heartless. Lol. But he also has some parallels to Jafar, even if Jafar won’t be around. Both worked closely with the ruler of their worlds and ultimately betrayed them. I think his element would also be a cool contrast with the hot nature of the world.

On the contrary, Demyx could be here due to his role as a thief in KH2 when he stole the Olympus Stone. Demyx’s water element could also be used to an interesting effect in a desert world. Although, I’m holding out for him to be in Princess and the Frog, if it appears.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
No matter how i look at it that place Roxas is in looks a bit too realistic/detailed to be Agrabah. Disney infinity pretty much gives a good representation on how Agrabah would look more or less with better hardware.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
No matter how i look at it that place Roxas is in looks a bit too realistic/detailed to be Agrabah. Disney infinity pretty much gives a good representation on how Agrabah would look more or less with better hardware.

I do agree with this. While the architecture itself looks like it could be set there, it doesn’t look cartoonish enough. It is more comparable to a Twilight Town and Keyblade Graveyard in that regard.

radiantmemories

This trailer made me so excited. The shortened version just kinda made me go 'ok, that's nice' but the extended version was so amazing. So many new things to talk and theorize about.

A couple thoughts on things that haven't been discussed as much:

• There's a cat on the Heartless's head in the story mode. I wonder if it has anything to do with the cat on the box art.
  • Data Twilight Town seems to be back. Also, Olette, Hayner, and Pence seem to have a big role in Twilight Town and Data Twilight Town, to the point that they actually tag along with you for a bit. I wasn't expecting that (I was expecting them to have a decent sized role, but not to the point of coming with you anywhere important) so that made me happy.
  • Ugh, timed minigames. I'm happy they are there, cause I know other people will enjoy them, but at the same time I personally don't like minigames so I'm a bit scared by the sheer number of them they are including. I hope they don't tie too many important things to them, forcing me to play them all.
  • That bit of Sora and Anna talking was nice. It seems like they might handle the story and chars in Arendel pretty well.
  • Sora and the rest might have been so eager to get a call from Riku because they were worried about him after seeing Dark Riku (calling him that since we have no idea which Riku it is for now) (Please don't let it be like Re:COM where they think it is actual Riku from . It was interesting in that game because it was the first time they did it, but if they do it again it would be kind of like 'Come on Sora, you should know better from last time. You are smarter than this.")
  • Since I was lurking before since I was too lazy to find my log-in info so I didn't mention this when Dark Aqua was revealed: Dark Aqua reminds me of an evil fairy. (Btw, I mean in looks only. And even if that's the look they were actually aiming for, I think it would be purely aesthetical.)
  • There is some sort of barrier in the shot where Vanitas is about to stab Aqua. If you look closely at it, it has a hole in the middle of it, where the damaged part is. So the question is if it was supposed to keep Vanitas out or if it was supposed to keep Aqua out. Or if it was created a long time ago and has nothing to do with either of them.
  • Is Ven still in the chamber in Castle Oblivion or is he somewhere else? It looks like somewhere else right? Or at least that the castle got transformed? There is decidedly less white than there used to be. Also, there is another chair beside the one he is sitting in. So my conclusion is that it has to be somewhere else. Maybe where Aqua is about to get stabbed, even. It's hard to tell without seeing much of the surrounding, but the style of them doesn't appear to be too dissimilar.
  • The scene where some of Big Hero 6 eats with Sora seemed a little strange (because there is no precedent, like someone said before), but I loved the detail of them eating icecream bars rather than sea salt icecream. Also, maybe it is something Sora suggests doing (maybe as a way to celebrate after they have some important victory), which would make it less out-of-the-blue.

I do agree with this. While the architecture itself looks like it could be set there, it doesn’t look cartoonish enough. It is more comparable to a Twilight Town and Keyblade Graveyard in that regard.

My vote is for Keyblade Graveyard. Or maybe some new place related to it. Compare https://i.imgur.com/J6jp6xq.jpg and https://i.imgur.com/ymjt2K4.jpg Doesn't the stone look to be the same color? And to also have that same sort of dusty, shadowy feel?

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Yeah.

Is it me or do i see some type of symbols engraved on the walls on the far left?

Last edited:

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Yeah.

Is it me or do i see some type of symbols engraved on the walls on the far left?

Yep. I noticed that too. There are also some on the right, but they're all cut off so you can't tell what it's depicting. Maybe it's a ruin of some kind? Though why would that be in the Keyblade graveyard?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Yep. I noticed that too. There are also some on the right, but they're all cut off so you can't tell what it's depicting. Maybe it's a ruin of some kind? Though why would that be in the Keyblade graveyard?

What if it is like a temple, mausoleum, or something? Maybe constructed to hide the black box within? That’s just a spitball though.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Anna’s character model looks weird? I thought it just wasn’t finished at E3, but she still looks a bit weird. I want to say her eyes are too big, but her skin tone definitely looks to pink all over and she’s missing her freckles. I also think Jack looks a little weird in his scene with Davy Jones. The rest of the character models seem to be looking top notch though. But I’ll add that the game will be cursed if we don’t get to see BH6 in their street clothes.

Do you guys think the game is on track for release?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
What if it is like a temple, mausoleum, or something? Maybe constructed to hide the black box within? That’s just a spitball though.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Anna’s character model looks weird? I thought it just wasn’t finished at E3, but she still looks a bit weird. I want to say her eyes are too big, but her skin tone definitely looks to pink all over and she’s missing her freckles. I also think Jack looks a little weird in his scene with Davy Jones. The rest of the character models seem to be looking top notch though. But I’ll add that the game will be cursed if we don’t get to see BH6 in their street clothes.

Do you guys think the game is on track for release?

Assuming nothing goes wrong with the English voice acting then we should be fine. Two to three months should be enough time to fix any character models before release.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
im curious on what going to happened to wayfinder trio after kh3 if they survive i mean no we know how time flows diffently in kh universe but they havent aged at all though

kingsoraful

Awards
Yeah, I think Vexen would be a good choice too. If for no other reason than I always had the headcanon as a kid that Blizzard Lord was his Heartless. Lol. But he also has some parallels to Jafar, even if Jafar won’t be around. Both worked closely with the ruler of their worlds and ultimately betrayed them. I think his element would also be a cool contrast with the hot nature of the world.

On the contrary, Demyx could be here due to his role as a thief in KH2 when he stole the Olympus Stone. Demyx’s water element could also be used to an interesting effect in a desert world. Although, I’m holding out for him to be in Princess and the Frog, if it appears.

Demyx would be perfect for Princess and the Frog or Atlantis.
Isa I could see getting The Jungle Book or another Disney Old School Classic movie that could be a wild card

I'm glad that we now know how many Darknesses there are left which means each of those darknesses gets a world.

ImVentus

Awards
It seems very obvious to me that Terranort is in the same location as Roxas.
Screen%2BShot%2B2018-09-19%2Bat%2B6.17.03%2BPM.png

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-09-19%2Bat%2B6.19.08%2BPM.png

Checking the background in Terranort's scene, there is a stone wall, with the same color palette as with the wall in Roxas reveal. This makes me believe that it might in fact be connected to the Keyblade Graveyard. A location where all darkness might gather before the inevitable war. Or could this be from later stages in the game as the battle is about to commence?

The very temporary shot of Terranort makes me also believe that Terra is still fighting inside, despite all those years that have passed since Aqua encountered him in the Realm Of Darkness. The question I find interesting is, where have Terranort been all this time since the disatreous experimenting in Radiant Garden?

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Me too. I'd love to see how they would tie in Roxas with the film's plot. There could be something he needs from the Vanishing Isle
Ditto, I'm indifferent if Aladdin comes back and I'm all in for Aladdin and Jasmine's wedding, but I also definitely love to see some 2D Disney worlds appear in Kingdom Hearts III, as Hercules is so far the lone wolf of the bunch.

It would be a good way to send off the world if this is its final appearance.
The same can be said on Olympus and The Caribbean, the former because not only are we exploring the rest of the movie's world but it's adapting the film's climax when Hades and the Titans launch their attack on Mt. Olympus. As for the latter, the world is following the plot to At World's End which was the conclusion of the Original Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy and as the 4th and 5th movies take place 2 decades after the third movie, it looks like we won't be coming back to the world in a while, unless for a major huge time skip for Sora and the gang. Not to mention it could allow Treasure Planet to officially become a world in KH4.

Agrabah is traditionally a world in the middle string of the game so not sure it'll be a late stage world if it's returning
To be fair, Port Royal (Pirates) in Kingdom Hearts II was in the middle set of Disney worlds when compared to the Caribbean being the late set of worlds in KH3.

I actually agree with you, in fact, none of the walls and architecture match the ones found in Agrabah and seem to lean on the realistic side of things on par with the Original worlds (Twilight Town, Radiant Garden). So I'm betting this looks to be the Keyblade Graveyard.

Also, am I the only one who thinks Anna’s character model looks weird? I thought it just wasn’t finished at E3, but she still looks a bit weird. I want to say her eyes are too big, but her skin tone definitely looks to pink all over and she’s missing her freckles. I also think Jack looks a little weird in his scene with Davy Jones. The rest of the character models seem to be looking top notch though.
I can agree with Jack since in an Interview by Nomura (dunno which one) said they are working on redefining the models for the Pirates Characters, so they are far from completed. I'm going to respectfully disagree with you on Anna, true her skin tone seems to be light but in terms of textures and lighting, I think the Anna model shown in the latest trailer is a step above her appearance from the E3 trailer. In fact, there are traces of her freckles present around her nose and face even if they are faintly seen. But most importantly Anna's hair looks more detailed than how it looked in the E3 trailer, so I put her on par with the Tangled and Big Hero 6 characters, even if they still need some work done she looks so much better than her previous model from the E3 trailer

E3:
5.png

TGS:
gallery_61815_2407_24529.jpg

gallery_61815_2407_80222.jpg

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Here's the render for Anna that was released during E3. May be useful for an easier comparison?

https://images.khinsider.com/KINGDOM HEARTS III/Renders/Frozen/Anna.png
Thanks but I also manage to put the images on the previous thread.

I agree that what we've seen of the Frozen characters definitely don't have the same amount of polish as, say, Tangled or Pirates.
At least the Anna model in the latest trailer looks more detailed than how she looked at E3.

But I’ll add that the game will be cursed if we don’t get to see BH6 in their street clothes.
Depends though, it seems that most of the Big Hero 6 team are going to be in their suits/costumes for the majority of the world cause they don't want the citizens of San Fransokyo to know their original identities as seen in the film and TV series. The only people to know about their identities without telling the world are Heathcliff (Fred's Butler) and Alistair Krei.

The only possibility to see them in their civilian clothes is probably during the credits, much like how in the KH2 credits they created a character model of Ariel as a human. So who's to say.

Last edited:

kingsoraful

Awards
To be fair, Port Royal (Pirates) in Kingdom Hearts II was in the middle set of Disney worlds when compared to the Caribbean being the late set of worlds in KH3.

Agrabah has been in every game and in every game it's featured it's a middle stage world. POTC was only in KH2 so it didn't have an established world slot.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Agrabah has been in every game and in every game it's featured it's a middle stage world. POTC was only in KH2 so it didn't have an established world slot.

No reason Nomura can't change things up a bit and have Agrabah happen late in the game.

Zerkania

Awards
I haven't really seen this discussed, but what does the world order look like now?

Olympus / Toy Story / Monsters Inc for first set?
Twilight Town
Frozen / ? / Tangled
Pirates of The Caribbean / Big Hero 6 / ?

The reason I ask is because Big Hero 6 seems to imply that Roxas is still with Sora, that's what the flashback was about. But it seemed that twilight town was gonna be an early visit to get the gameboy thing and go through all that. I guess these trailers might be more misleading than originally thought?

UltimaXOmega

Lilo and Stitch deserves to be the last returning world. Also Frozen still looks leagues more polished than Big Hero 6.

kingsoraful

Awards
I haven't really seen this discussed, but what does the world order look like now?

Olympus / Toy Story / Monsters Inc for first set?
Twilight Town
Frozen / ? / Tangled
Pirates of The Caribbean / Big Hero 6 / ?

The reason I ask is because Big Hero 6 seems to imply that Roxas is still with Sora, that's what the flashback was about. But it seemed that twilight town was gonna be an early visit to get the gameboy thing and go through all that. I guess these trailers might be more misleading than originally thought?

Olympus and then Twilight Town I know cause of Sora's costume change happens post Olympus.

There's at least 2-3 more Disney Worlds not including Winnie the Pooh. For a total of 10.

I'd imagine one of the remaining Disney Worlds will be with Frozen and Tangled which makes me think it'd be Princess and the Frog or Brave to go with the Disney Princess theme and then the other 1-2 Disney worlds will be in the final slots alongside Pirates and BH6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back