• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHI: Writer's Guild!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Ohh, thank you so much!! :D I've completed my draft for the first 5 chapters, so I'll upload chapter one on Saturday this week. :D
Also, Cinder, if you want to, take a look at my drawings-thread in the CM section -- the most recent picture I've uploaded is what I envision the main character (Akane Kazuko) to look like! Though that's only her body shape etc for now, I'll upload the full drawing (clothes, eyes, etc) when i upload the chapter. :D

Again, thank you!

You're welcome! I took a peek at your most recent drawing. It's the one with chibi, right? I love the way you've drawn her thus far. Absolutely love Akane's hair. <3 And eagerly looking forward to the next chapter you upload, and can't wait to see the rest of Akane being finished too! :D

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Hey guys,

I was wondering if all of you still wanted to do the Summer contest? Or if you'd like to do something a bit different this year? I have an idea or two in mind, but wanted to know what everyone else thought first. Like if you guys would like to do something smaller without turning it into a contest per se. And June is three months away. :)

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I wouldn't mind a little mini-contest of sorts before the Summer Contest since Summer is still a ways away?

It'd also pair well with the Xaldin Award this month being producing a post around 1,000 words. Could help encourage participants both ways.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Not gonna lie, I'm not going to be down for a contest until summertime, too much schoolwork this being my last semester.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Not gonna lie, I'm not going to be down for a contest until summertime, too much schoolwork this being my last semester.

I understand! I wish you the best with your last semester, Max!

I wouldn't mind a little mini-contest of sorts before the Summer Contest since Summer is still a ways away?

It'd also pair well with the Xaldin Award this month being producing a post around 1,000 words. Could help encourage participants both ways.

I do like your idea, but if it's for the Xaldin Award, then maybe a contest wouldn't entirely be necessary. I don't want to rob anyone of the chance to win a mini-contest for the Award per se. xD However, having something along the lines of maybe a thread for writing a 1,000 words or less could be the way to go? There used to be a thread like that for 300 words or less that everyone would do for a little while. Unless contests are more motivating to do? xD

Otherwise, it's a cool suggestion, Audo! :)

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I understand! I wish you the best with your last semester, Max!

I do like your idea, but if it's for the Xaldin Award, then maybe a contest wouldn't entirely be necessary. I don't want to rob anyone of the chance to win a mini-contest for the Award per se. xD However, having something along the lines of maybe a thread for writing a 1,000 words or less could be the way to go? There used to be a thread like that for 300 words or less that everyone would do for a little while. Unless contests are more motivating to do? xD

Otherwise, it's a cool suggestion, Audo! :)
i meant more like the Xaldin award going on would be added incentive. Like, everyone who entered the mini-contest would automatically get the award by making a post over 800 words (the requirement for the award), but then there could be an additional CW-section specific award for the contest, too. That way everyone would at least get something

Though a 1,000 word thread with maybe a weekly prompt is also a good idea, too.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
i meant more like the Xaldin award going on would be added incentive. Like, everyone who entered the mini-contest would automatically get the award by making a post over 800 words (the requirement for the award), but then there could be an additional CW-section specific award for the contest, too. That way everyone would at least get something

Though a 1,000 word thread with maybe a weekly prompt is also a good idea, too.

Now that I understand what you mean, I'm really torn between which idea to go through with. <3

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
:v What things would you like to write? My suggestion is to just try and see where it goes. Like I'm messing around with non-fiction and writing some stories about myself and things I've experienced things like that along with poetry but I still write fiction when I can.

If you RP, you shouldn't have too much trouble adapting I don't think.

SogeUsopp114

Awards
sitting with you know who in the realm of darkness
Fantasy action adventure, comedy and romance stories like what you see in Japanese anime, manga and novels! :D Okay, I can do that! :D

Yeah, I'm pretty well adapting when it comes to RPing in the forum site I'm usually on. XD I just thought I'd mention it since it's really the only writing I do besides writing up random summaries for characters. :D

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Fantasy action adventure, comedy and romance stories like what you see in Japanese anime, manga and novels! :D Okay, I can do that! :D

Yeah, I'm pretty well adapting when it comes to RPing in the forum site I'm usually on. XD I just thought I'd mention it since it's really the only writing I do besides writing up random summaries for characters. :D
That will help you with character writing, and you may end up writing many things that follow the development and evolution of a character's arc.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Just wanted to say I would love a summer contest. Even though I might not be able to commit to anything. . . last summer it got my wheels turning and motivated me to write something.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So place my character in a story and have them interact with other characters to get a better feel and idea for who they are and what they can or cannot do; got it. :D This'll be fun! X3
That's a good place to start at least. The story may go in other directions based on your character's actions alone if you "go with the flow" of things but not every writer likes doing this and writes more story oriented things rather than character oriented things. There are many many many different ways to write a story and no real "DO THIS OR YOU AREN'T WRITING" because that's ridiculous to say in the art world no matter what the medium is.

SogeUsopp114

Awards
That's good to know, I always write better by going with the flow rather than think out every detail of the story and my character's actions. And that's also a relief too there isn't a real way to write; a friend told me about this before awhile back that too, but it's really reassuring hearing it again from another person since I send to think alot of things have ti be done in a certain way. I like freedom to stretch out and do my own thing. :'3

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You'll find structure within practicing the art, and take advice as you go on with things like, oh maybe try writing this scene like this and things like that. Just see what your strengths and weaknesses are. It's an artform and you can only continue to improve the more you do it. There's a distinct difference between my writing from high school and my writing now in college.

SogeUsopp114

Awards
I'll keep asking questions then to help improve myself then! Thank you for continuing to help me Annoyance! :D Hmm...one of my biggest weaknesses is that I always think too much or too hard whenever doing something. This only happens simply because I'm scared of failure. What would you do about this when trying to write? I'm currently trying to break this cycle and don't want it affecting my writing skills or thinking. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back