• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

sora x riku

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Riku/Mickey fanart is an actual thing that exists in this world thanks for reminding me.......

And then people are negative towards the possibility of him being gay.
DATS NOT WHAT SHOULD TROUBLE YA, GUIS.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Friendly reminder everyone that, while it's great for the gay positivity in this thread, the way to approach someone who isn't being hateful towards it, just uncomfortable about it, is to educate them on the subject matter and such, not sending hate or indirectly being angry. (Save your hate for those who actually actively talk smack and don't care about being educated on their ignorance of the issues).

#JustAnotherPSAFromYourFriendlyNeighborhoodGay

Caxinuld

Awards
I was going to post this really good Soriku fan fiction, but the beginning is pretty gory so instead, I'll just post the quintessential Soriku pairing image:
latest

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Friendly reminder everyone that, while it's great for the gay positivity in this thread, the way to approach someone who isn't being hateful towards it, just uncomfortable about it, is to educate them on the subject matter and such, not sending hate or indirectly being angry. (Save your hate for those who actually actively talk smack and don't care about being educated on their ignorance of the issues).

#JustAnotherPSAFromYourFriendlyNeighborhoodGay

I know this probably sounds salty and edgy, but if someone enters a thread dedicated to a homosexual pairing just to say that they are uncomfortable with them being gay...I don't know, yeah, it makes me mad, I'm sorry.
Like, you're probably right and all about rather educating people than getting mad, I just don't understand the need for education and maybe even justification in a for-fun forum insanity thread.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
guys i dont really want to imagine my favorite character being gay... because he's a cartoon mouse you godless heathens. soriku 4 lyfe

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I know this probably sounds salty and edgy, but if someone enters a thread dedicated to a homosexual pairing just to say that they are uncomfortable with them being gay...

...it is practically asking for trouble if the thread title makes it abundantly clear about what it is.
Even more so when it is just left at the statement without any explanation given.

I can see where Lonbilly is coming from though since those who are "merely" uncomfortable about it rather than actually hateful or renunciatory about it might be eventually swayed to get the view that it is nothing inherently wrong or distasteful.
When I remember how at least tolerated and not procecuted it was during ancient times, regardless if it were the ancient greeks, romans, chinese or japanese, it really strikes home how much the abrahamic religions and western imperialism/colonialism destroyed between the 14th and 19th century.

@Chuman:
Mickey cannot be fully gay anyways since he's not only married to Minnie but is also shown often enough to be very dedicated and lovely to her, so either the mouse is bi or just If it's you it's okay towards Riku alone. ;P

As for the actual thread topic:
Although I'm not into this whole shipping stuff as a whole I would certainly ok with it. Don't see anything problematic about this particular relationship.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i just don't want to debate an anthropomorphic animal's sexuality. pls saphy.

Muke

whatever
Awards
HELLO THREAD-CREATOR HERE
lonbilly is right, BUT
I created this thread so that we can all be happy and joke about SoRiku and I was kinda like "wth" when Howler said she doesn't like her favorite character being displayed as gay, which, if you haven't noticed, was kind of offensive towards 2 gay people.
And I did get slightly mad because… why would you even bring it up in such a thread?

but let's toss it aside

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
HELLO THREAD-CREATOR HERE
lonbilly is right, BUT
I created this thread so that we can all be happy and joke about SoRiku and I was kinda like "wth" when Howler said she doesn't like her favorite character being displayed as gay, which, if you haven't noticed, was kind of offensive towards 2 gay people.
And I did get slightly mad because… why would you even bring it up in such a thread?

but let's toss it aside

Very well said~

I'm feeling a bit too lazy (and cautious) to go looking for images right now so have a fluffy SWF fanfiction instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back