• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV - Digital August 30, BR/DVD October 4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
What the general opinion on the movie here? I just watched it and was not impressed, the action is nice I guess but apart from that everything else falls flat. So many motivations are rooted in politics we (almost) don't see anything of.

I remember that in some early trailers the director said that this movie and the game are companion pieces but you should also be able to enjoy one without the other. I think that's kind of true regarding the main character but everything else felt disconnected.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
General opinion is on its own it's not a very good movie but, it's a good prequel to the game.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I remember that in some early trailers the director said that this movie and the game are companion pieces but you should also be able to enjoy one without the other. I think that's kind of true regarding the main character but everything else felt disconnected.

His statement was in broad terms. He speaks truth if you find enjoyment in sci-fi movies and Kingsglaive fits into that category. If you found any enjoyment in the movie, then his statement remains true regardless of the main character because the game isn't even out yet :p

TheAuronSavior

Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV gets trampled on by critics

With a score of 7% on Rotten Tomatoes and a average score of 35 on Metacritic, Kingsglaive did not live up to its expectations, with many critics stating its plot to be convoluted and muddled and only acts as a way to tease Final Fantasy XV.

What are your thoughts on this matter? Do you think the critics are being unjust and you'll like the movie anyway? Or do you agree and think the movie deserves the negative reception its getting?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Re: Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV gets trampled on by critics

I haven't seen the movie yet so I can't say if the negative criticism is accurate or not. Though I will say that people shouldn't let critics dictate their opinions on movies, tv, etc. See it and decide for yourselves. I've liked plenty of movies that weren't always critcally acclaimed and disliked movies that the majority of critics liked.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Re: Final Fantasy XV - November 29th 2016

Getting ready to watch Kingsglaive for the first time (with my sister) on my PS4, and I have a bit of sticker shock.

Once we buy/download it, do we get to keep it on our PS4 to watch forever? Or is it just a "you only get to stream it once" kind of a deal?

Because if so, I don't think I can justify spending $15.00 on a one off thing, tbh. IDK.

Also, are they still doing the "you can get DLC for FFXV, if you stream it through PSN" thing?

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

I can't say for this, I'd have to do some research myself..But I know my brother bought some anime from PSN on his PS3, and he still has it. Well, on his PSP at the moment but he still has it.

So there's a good chance it's there forever.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website

That's what I'm thinking. It's kind of ludicrous to imagine any other way, even--since not even movie tickets cost that much.

So if you don't get to keep it forever--once you pay that much for it--it's a complete waste of money. And I'd like to believe that people like Square Enix would know better than to do something like that... Right?

I think I'm just going to buy it and hope for the best.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Once you buy it, it's there forever. If you erase the movie from your hard drive, you can always redownload it whenever you want.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
LA, while having incredible theatres, also has ridiculous prices

im waiting to see if I can rent this in a few weeks from Amazon but god it's pretty

TheAuronSavior

Is anyone aware that this movie is supposedly terrible? (By that, I mean that critics have popped on this movie) I'm gonna watch it anyways, though. It's available on iTunes but I don't have enough space.....

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Is anyone aware that this movie is supposedly terrible? (By that, I mean that critics have popped on this movie) I'm gonna watch it anyways, though. It's available on iTunes but I don't have enough space.....

We are all aware of the reviews for this film.

Mine will be coming out later on today, in fact! *self-promotion*

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website

I want to live where you are haha

Most theaters I go to charge $11-15 for normal tickets.

LOL. You really don't. There's absolutely nothing to do in my city, and every cool thing we do have usually ends up crashing and burning, sadly.

I should be moving to L.A, actually--since my boyfriend needs to move back there to get a career in animation, anyway;)

Though I do admit that our movie ticket prices are pretty nice. I think they're only $10.00 (I think; I don't go to the movies that much, though I did go recently for "Nerve)... which is a huge difference from what they used to be, but they're not the most expensive ever, I know.

ANYWAY, I've watched about half of Kingsglaive, I think, but had to stop it because my sister had to leave. And I'm enjoying it a lot so far.

Is it the best movie ever made? Not by a longshot. And I think I can see why critics wouldn't like it (though to be fair, critics rarely like anything), but it's a good film (certainly better than The Spirits Within and Advent Children were thus far, imo) and it's absolutely GORGEOUS.

The references to FF are really nice, too. And I ADORE Luna now.

Oh my gosh, that scene with Luna--that was originally supposed to be where Noctis and Stella met--with her standing in front of that fish tank at the party in Insomina is one of the prettiest things I have ever seen in my life. Seriously.

My boyfriend (who was looking up gifs for Kingsglaive the other day, when I told him about it) also can't get over how realistic everyone looks, and he's an animator!

Definitely liking the movie so far (though some things could be clearer with the story, and I sort of pity those who know nothing about this game's plot and who haven't seen Brotherhood: because that's helped me to make sense of a lot of things), and I'll probably post a more thorough review for it later:)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Wait, this movie is now on PSN!? Hmm, does it still not have Japanese audio, only the English one?

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
Wait, this movie is now on PSN!? Hmm, does it still not have Japanese audio, only the English one?

It looked like it had the options for both, yeah (with subtitles for the Japanese version of the film, but don't quote me on that). I haven't really looked at the options for the movie at all, but just quickly made sure that it looked like I was getting the English one before purchasing (because there may have been two different downloads for the two different languages... maybe). Sorry. I'm not used to buying movies on PSN, so the whole thing is kind of confusing for me. I'm probably not much help here for you at all:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back