• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ventus is a Dandelion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I'd like to clear out that the thought of Ventus being from the era of chi is an interesting idea to explore, but I don't think it actually has even a 0.5% of being possible. Like Lunafreya said in the artwork thread:

It just shows part of the cast of characters that are important to each game, and in this case, will be important for KH3.

* Sora: Duh.
* Kairi: She now wields a Keyblade, and could possibly be a Guardian.
* Riku: Duh.
* Ventus: Sora and company will go and rescue him because he needs saving, and could possibly be one of the Guardians.
* Skuld and Ephemera: They're Dandelions. They will transcend the War and will surely be important to introduce Sora and the gang to the lore of chi.

There's already a counter for this in the OP. I totally get that it could just be alluding to KH3, but there are plenty of other characters that could have been put there that would make more sense. It could have been Mickey or Aqua. Heck, he could have teased Lea even.

But he used Ventus who is awake and without his shoulder armor.

I mean, I appreciate the tease if he only wanted to draw Ven again, cause Ven is a precious bun, but it still strikes me as odd and it opened my eyes to new possibilities.

I'm not trying to blow this theory out of proportion either. I don't think Ven is the only instance of 'modern day Dandelion' if this is true. I don't think time travel is involved. I don't think the player has anything to do with this and I don't think Ven had any insider knowledge about the Foretellers or their goals. I don't think Xehanort got all his info from Ven.

The theory is, Ven is a Dandelion. Like Skuld and all the other default clothed Dandelions we got a glimpse of in the latest trailer. It might be wrong, but I don't think it's wrong simply because the anniversary cards have no meaning whatsoever

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
......uh...no he didn't. Aced didn't kill Gula.

I think he speaks about the part where Ava runs into the warehouse where we see Gula's keyblade vanishing and him collapsing.

Of course this doesn't necessarily mean Aced killed him and just knocked him out.

On the other hand this cannot be completely ruled out either as Aced goes all fascist-power grabby and does speak in the newest X[chi] update about uniting all unions under his banner by force and about "banishing" the other four Foretellers.
"Banishing" is a word that can have various interpretations and we have yet to see Invi again after the last scenes of her were battling Aced on the rooftops.
In the scenes beforehand we see that Gula has his Keyblade out first but his stance and behaviour is certainly more defensive while Aced is all strolling forward menacingly, indicating that the aggression comes from his side.

Qiesamuel

literally nobody died in that trailer. i dont know where they got that idea. also why are you answering for them?

At 2:10 there is a scene where Ava runs into a storage room and sees Gula being KO'ed by Aced. So I assume that Gula is dead, but if it's not true, then sorry to confuse you.

Hallowseve

Saw someone mention Ventus having shorter hair symbolizing being younger...pretty sure it's the opposite. Also good theory! Anything that expands onto Ventus's story makes me happy.

Luxu

Awards
I think he speaks about the part where Ava runs into the warehouse where we see Gula's keyblade vanishing and him collapsing.

Of course this doesn't necessarily mean Aced killed him and just knocked him out.

On the other hand this cannot be completely ruled out either as Aced goes all fascist-power grabby and does speak in the newest X[chi] update about uniting all unions under his banner by force and about "banishing" the other four Foretellers.
"Banishing" is a word that can have various interpretations and we have yet to see Invi again after the last scenes of her were battling Aced on the rooftops.
In the scenes beforehand we see that Gula has his Keyblade out first but his stance and behaviour is certainly more defensive while Aced is all strolling forward menacingly, indicating that the aggression comes from his side.

"He's just standing there...MENACINGLY!"

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
"The maniac shrieked! He's going to attack!" sorry......

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
"No wait, he's there too! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!"

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
There's already a counter for this in the OP. I totally get that it could just be alluding to KH3, but there are plenty of other characters that could have been put there that would make more sense. It could have been Mickey or Aqua. Heck, he could have teased Lea even.

I mean, I appreciate the tease if he only wanted to draw Ven again, cause Ven is a precious bun, but it still strikes me as odd and it opened my eyes to new possibilities.

Well, it may also just indicate that in KH III Ventus will have quite a bit of importance and the reason why Nomura didn't use Mickey and/or Aqua is because they are already more than teased with BBS 0.2 which is an inofficial prologue for KH III anyways and he also didn't use Lea because Ventus is simply more important in KH III than Lea is.

I also just remembered one older interview Nomura gave about DDD where he said that while Sora and Riku are the main playable characters of this title, key characters of DDD are actually Lea and "the young man in the black coat".
The situation could be similar here as well.

It is also possible that Ephemera and Skuld being placed between SRK and Ventus indicates that for some reason either SRK + Ventus are needed to somehow get access to/help Ephy and Skuld or maybe even that Flowerboy and Skuld have something to do with the "Key to Return Hearts" Sora is supposed to find and Ventus placed there is an indicator of on who this key might be used first as Aqua arguably doesn't need it since her heart is still where it belongs.

Heck, maybe the whole thing is even an indicator of Aqua finding Ephemera and Skuld in the RoD and sending them to watch over Ventus in her stead because she has still business to do in the RoD and that is the reason for the placement of the characters.
Then later on during KH III we end up with a nort actually trying to get Ventus' body for the 13th vessel once Aqua is finally out of the RoD and leads Sora to the chamber, but Flowerboy and Skuld intervene and prevent the norting, yet in the end one of those two ends up becoming the 13th vessel instead.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Well, it may also just indicate that in KH III Ventus will have quite a bit of importance and the reason why Nomura didn't use Mickey and/or Aqua is because they are already more than teased with BBS 0.2 which is an inofficial prologue for KH III anyways and he also didn't use Lea because Ventus is simply more important in KH III than Lea is.

I also just remembered one older interview Nomura gave about DDD where he said that while Sora and Riku are the main playable characters of this title, key characters of DDD are actually Lea and "the young man in the black coat".

It is also possible that Ephemera and Skuld being placed between SRK and Ventus indicates that for some reason either SRK + Ventus are needed to somehow get access to/help Ephy and Skuld or maybe even that Flowerboy and Skuld have something to do with the "Key to Return Hearts" Sora is supposed to find and Ventus placed there is an indicator of on who this key might be used first as Aqua arguably doesn't need it since her heart is still where it belongs.

Heck, maybe the whole thing is even an indicator of Aqua finding Ephemera and Skuld in the RoD and sending them to watch over Ventus in her stead because she has still business to do in the RoD and that is the reason for the placement of the characters.
Then later on during KH III we end up with a nort actually trying to get Ventus' body for the 13th vessel once Aqua is finally out of the RoD and leads Sora to the chamber, but Flowerboy and Skuld intervene and prevent the norting, yet in the end one of those two ends up becoming the 13th vessel instead.

It could also hint that Ventus' sole design change is jut a shorter hair, unlike SRK that get a wardrobe change.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards

Mmm, I wonder, is Ven technically in the Realm of Sleep? If the Dandelions are also in the Realm of Sleep and are waiting to exit, is it possible that Ven will somehow encounter them there or something? I dunno. Could be that if Ven is not a Dandelion himself. Heck, it could explain why he's missing his armor piece, Riku destroyed the one in his dreams. Your non-serious comment is now serious. 8p

I feel like if Ephemera and Skuld were watching over Ven, we might have seen more hints by now (as of DDD or Coded since those are the latest). I think it might be a race to Castle Oblivion, but I believe Eraqus when he says only Aqua can solve the mystery. Unless of course, Xehanort found a way around like (like, for example, using her armor that was in his possession last we saw)

I think Ven is going to be important for KH3. After all, he's the most intricately tied to Sora's heart and he's still stuck in there and they gotta set him free. His missing armor makes me wonder if armor is just gonna be dropped completely or if it's significant. Is it actually Roxas who stole Ven's clothes and left him in the nude? It's just so interesting.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It could also hint that Ventus' sole design change is jut a shorter hair, unlike SRK that get a wardrobe change.

Pfft, of course that's also possible.
Although it would certainly be a bit weird if he chooses to get the tips of his hair shortened (as that's pretty much what the art implies) but not to get out of the three layers of clothes his body wore for more than 10 years by now and get something new.

Considering Ven's strong affinity with light and wind as elements I'd actually like for him to get a new outfit that centers mainly on the colors white and green. That would also create quite a difference to Roxas.
Maybe even a white version of the Black Coat with the zippers in green instead of silver?

Mmm, I wonder, is Ven technically in the Realm of Sleep? If the Dandelions are also in the Realm of Sleep and are waiting to exist, is it possible that Ven will somehow encounter them there or something? I dunno. Could be that if Ven is not a Dandelion himself. Heck, it could explain why he's missing his armor piece, Riku destroyed the one in his dreams. Your non-serious comment is now serious. 8p

I feel like if Ephemera and Skuld were watching over Ven, we might have seen more hints by now (as of DDD or Coded since those are the latest). I think it might be a race to Castle Oblivion, but I believe Eraqus when he says only Aqua can solve the mystery. Unless of course, Xehanort found a way around like (like, for example, using her armor that was in his possession last we saw)

I think Ven is going to be important for KH3. After all, he's the most intricately tied to Sora's heart and he's still stuck in there and they gotta set him free. His missing armor makes me wonder if armor is just gonna be dropped completely or if it's significant. Is it actually Roxas who stole Ven's clothes and left him in the nude? It's just so interesting.

Since Ven's heart is sleeping for more than ten years, it is possible that his consciousness/main essence may have access to the Realm of Sleep although in that case I'd wonder how functionable he would be especially in the earlier years when his heart was still a maimed wreck due to the destruction of the X-blade.
Would he have been able to wander around/explore in the RoS even with those implied huge injuries?
After his heart has recuperated a little I could definitely see that though. Maybe Roxas accidentally accessing Ven's heart during the finale of Days not only unlocked Ven's Keyblade but also allowed his consciousness to take a stroll in the RoS?
If there are indeed Dandelions around in that Realm he then could theoretically meet and befriend some of them, possibly even Ephemera and Skuld themselves.
The story snippet we have about KH III speaks about Mickey and Riku searching for "previous Keyblade Wielders", so maybe Ventus is one of those who can give Riku and the King some pointers as to where they can find some?
Indeed, Ven's armor got shattered in the Dream Realm due to a Nightmare possessing it, although I do think that in the scenes afterwards in the core of Sora's heart where Riku meets Ven he still has the armor pauldron.

Eh, speaking of Heart Cores, as we saw in DDD when Riku reached it the core of Sora's heart it is a fascimile of Destiny Islands. Considering that on Ven's platform there is the Badlands/Keyblade Graveyard depicted, does that mean if someone would reach the core of Ventus' heart there would be a fascimile of the Badlands?

Hmm, maybe their "watch" isn't so much in the actual physical world but in the RoS?
Xemnas has the chamber of repose and according to a comment from Vexen he's "sleeping" when in there so maybe what Ephemera and Skuld are/were doing is actually thwarting Xemnas' own excursions into the RoS, including possible attempts from Xemnas to deduce Ventus' whereabouts from within the RoS?
In the final battle of KH 2 Xemnas does state "Can you spare a heart?" when using that Heartripper-attack on Sora and DDD does indicate somewhat that the norts know about Sora harboring other hearts.

In any case Ven could definitely use some more attention. BBS was in general a little lackluster in terms of characterisation. His connection with Sora is also what makes me most anticipating for these two dorks to finally have some meaningful interaction in person, not just on the heart-meta-layer.
It's somewhat funny (or sad, depending on viewpoint) how Ventus' and Sora's connection is more than once stated to be this super-special and close in the series but it doesn't really get much attention at all.
I'd even go ahead and say that Ven's connection with Sora if finally explored more as well as his connections with other present characters (including possible new ones with i.e. Roxas or even Vanitas) are probably much more interesting than any ominuous connections he might or might not have to the past/X[chi]-era.

Haha, while I don't actually believe this particular scenario (although seeing Ven only in his underwear chasing after Roxas might have some comical value) I do think that Roxas and Ven eventually switching clothes for a feint, distraction or something similar has an actual possibility of happening.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Since Ven's heart is sleeping for more than ten years, it is possible that his consciousness/main essence may have access to the Realm of Sleep although in that case I'd wonder how functionable he would be especially in the earlier years when his heart was still a maimed wreck due to the destruction of the X-blade.
Would he have been able to wander around/explore in the RoS even with those implied huge injuries?
After his heart has recuperated a little I could definitely see that though. Maybe Roxas accidentally accessing Ven's heart during the finale of Days not only unlocked Ven's Keyblade but also allowed his consciousness to take a stroll in the RoS?
If there are indeed Dandelions around in that Realm he then could theoretically meet and befriend some of them, possibly even Ephemera and Skuld themselves.

Maybe this is what it means. Ven will encounter Ephemera, Skuld, or other Dandelions and will have more info on them than most everyone else. The Realm of Sleep seems like a wonky place. If Ven ended up there, I don't think he'd be hopping around from the roof tops like Sora and Riku because he is so injured and he's precariously hanging off the edge of not existing anymore. He might just be living out snippits of his life with Aqua and Terra for all we know. Calm and peaceful, but sad. (Or is he living in Sora's inner islands? who knows)

The story snippet we have about KH III speaks about Mickey and Riku searching for "previous Keyblade Wielders", so maybe Ventus is one of those who can give Riku and the King some pointers as to where they can find some?
Indeed, Ven's armor got shattered in the Dream Realm due to a Nightmare possessing it, although I do think that in the scenes afterwards in the core of Sora's heart where Riku meets Ven he still has the armor pauldron.

Eh, speaking of Heart Cores, as we saw in DDD when Riku reached it the core of Sora's heart it is a fascimile of Destiny Islands. Considering that on Ven's platform there is the Badlands/Keyblade Graveyard depicted, does that mean if someone would reach the core of Ventus' heart there would be a fascimile of the Badlands?

That could be Ven's part in the story. Aqua's is of course, whatever she discovers in the dark realm and getting and saving Ven (and eventually Terra). Ven's could be waking up from his nap with bits and pieces of information that's gonna help them on their way? (specifically Mickey and Riku) Are Mickey and Riku going to be the ones going to the Dark Realm? I feel like that would make sense, but at the same time, Sora's the one that's supposed to 'save' everyone. Maybe Sora is saving Aqua by helping her save Ven (holding his healing heart for a decade and returning it to his body)

And yes... well, if their station supposedly depicts what's in their core... then Ven's is the Keyblade Graveyard/Badlands. To be fair, we've only seen Sora's station and core. Sora and Ven's station (Roxas doesn't seem to have his own yet) are actually the only two we've ever seen ignoring the princesses from KH1 (which one may wonder why Sora was able to see theirs in the first place)

If that's the case... that's real sad. Ven's insides are just a dead wasteland sometimes full of keys. UNLESS... it was something before that.

Hmm, maybe their "watch" isn't so much in the actual physical world but in the RoS?
Xemnas has the chamber of repose and according to a comment from Vexen he's "sleeping" when in there so maybe what Ephemera and Skuld are/were doing is actually thwarting Xemnas' own excursions into the RoS, including possible attempts from Xemnas to deduce Ventus' whereabouts from within the RoS?
In the final battle of KH 2 Xemnas does state "Can you spare a heart?" when using that Heartripper-attack on Sora and DDD does indicate somewhat that the norts know about Sora harboring other hearts.

In any case Ven could definitely use some more attention. BBS was in general a little lackluster in terms of characterisation. His connection with Sora is also what makes me most anticipating for these two dorks to finally have some meaningful interaction in person, not just on the heart-meta-layer.
It's somewhat funny (or sad, depending on viewpoint) how Ventus' and Sora's connection is more than once stated to be this super-special and close in the series but it doesn't really get much attention at all.
I'd even go ahead and say that Ven's connection with Sora if finally explored more as well as his connections with other present characters (including possible new ones with i.e. Roxas or even Vanitas) are probably much more interesting than any ominuous connections he might or might not have to the past/X[chi]-era.

Haha, while I don't actually believe this particular scenario (although seeing Ven only in his underwear chasing after Roxas might have some comical value) I do think that Roxas and Ven eventually switching clothes for a feint, distraction or something similar has an actual possibility of happening.

If Xemnas was trying to get access to Ven through sleep, which is not out of the question since he was looking for his body in an unsolvable maze, I can totally imagine the Realm of Sleep becoming Ven's hiding spot and he only occasionally pops out. It would explain his entire absense through most of the series until Roxas unlocked the power to use his blade and then saving Sora at the end of DDD.

But I really do hope they touch more on Sora and Ven. Technically, they've never met in person and in both instances, Sora was 'too young' to even remember helping him. My headcanon is true, they are soul/heart brothers. I refuse to believe otherwise. Let my headcanons become true, I need themmmm. At least let them hug.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Pfft, of course that's also possible.
Although it would certainly be a bit weird if he chooses to get the tips of his hair shortened (as that's pretty much what the art implies) but not to get out of the three layers of clothes his body wore for more than 10 years by now and get something new.

Considering Ven's strong affinity with light and wind as elements I'd actually like for him to get a new outfit that centers mainly on the colors white and green. That would also create quite a difference to Roxas.
Maybe even a white version of the Black Coat with the zippers in green instead of silver?
That sounds nice. I have a theory that characters that are connected to the Foretellers might get redesigns centered on hoodies, like how SRK have hoodies, haha. Could just be a coincidence though. xP

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Maybe this is what it means. Ven will encounter Ephemera, Skuld, or other Dandelions and will have more info on them than most everyone else. The Realm of Sleep seems like a wonky place. If Ven ended up there, I don't think he'd be hopping around from the roof tops like Sora and Riku because he is so injured and he's precariously hanging off the edge of not existing anymore. He might just be living out snippits of his life with Aqua and Terra for all we know. Calm and peaceful, but sad. (Or is he living in Sora's inner islands? who knows)
It is at least a possibility that would a) allow for some more focus and insight on Ven as a character and b) give him a story related to current events instead of just loading him with some unneccessary burdens and connections to a long gone past.
Lol, it is clear that especially in the beginning (meaning the between BBS and KH 1 time and closer to KH 1 itself as well as CoM-time) he won't be very capable of being "active", but he might also have help from some Dream Eater spirits like i.e. some of the horse-like ones he could possibly ride to get around.
(Well, Riku certainly met his "essence" there in DDD it seems).

That could be Ven's part in the story. Aqua's is of course, whatever she discovers in the dark realm and getting and saving Ven (and eventually Terra). Ven's could be waking up from his nap with bits and pieces of information that's gonna help them on their way? (specifically Mickey and Riku) Are Mickey and Riku going to be the ones going to the Dark Realm? I feel like that would make sense, but at the same time, Sora's the one that's supposed to 'save' everyone. Maybe Sora is saving Aqua by helping her save Ven (holding his healing heart for a decade and returning it to his body)

And yes... well, if their station supposedly depicts what's in their core... then Ven's is the Keyblade Graveyard/Badlands. To be fair, we've only seen Sora's station and core. Sora and Ven's station (Roxas doesn't seem to have his own yet) are actually the only two we've ever seen ignoring the princesses from KH1 (which one may wonder why Sora was able to see theirs in the first place)

If that's the case... that's real sad. Ven's insides are just a dead wasteland sometimes full of keys. UNLESS... it was something before that.
It would certainly place him somewhat more involved into the story in contrast to being "just" one of those needing to be saved and possibly one of the "fated" seven Guardians (seriously, if I had to decide things I would say fuck fate and also fuck nort and his plans and gather 777 or even more Guardians and then actively seek out and annihilate Xehanort's 13 apocalypse bastards).
Or to speak with Sandor "The Hound" Clegane's words from Game of Thrones: "Fuck the prophecy, Fuck Fate, Fuck Xehanort!"
It is a bit wonky as the story summarization for KH III speaks about Sora, Donald and Goofy "searching for the Key to Return Hearts and seven Guardians", the latter part of this can possibly mean the suffering ones as according to both Blank Points and Re: Coded it is indeed Sora who is supposed to save him, not Riku or Mickey or Kairi (as some people continue to advocate in Aqua's case).
The summary further says that in the meantime Riku and Mickey are searching for "previous Keyblade Wielders" which originally was theorized to be the TAV BBS trio, but that is highly unlikely due to it being impossible to save Ventus without Sora but due to the advent of X[chi] and its era there are two more possible groups of "previous Keyblade Wielders" that Riku and Mickey could be looking for, the first being obviously the five Foretellers, the so-called "lost masters" while the second group could be the "Dandelions", of which both Skuld and Ephemera (as the deputy leader of them after Ava) act as visible representatives in art and promotional material so far.

While it isn't confirmed yet that is what can be deduced. Sora's station shows Destiny Islands and when Riku in DDD unlocked Sora's sleeping Keyhole on the awakening platform he ended up in a fascimile of said Destiny Islands where he meets Roxas, Xion and Ventus, the three hearts which are directly harbored inside Sora's as well as a Data-Version of Ansem the Wise, a representation of the research data Ansem hid inside Sora's heart while he slept during Days as stated by both Data-Naminé in Coded as well as Ansem himself in Blank Points towards Aqua.
Ven's station is indeed the only other one shown so far (apart from the hybrid station that resulted of the partly merged hearts of him and Vanitas) and as for Roxas, since it is known that he developed his own heart, he might have a station, probably an "unfinished" one but we have not seen Roxas' station yet.
We see Sora's in KH 2 because the whole point of that awakening was to give Roxas back control over the Keyblade. However since Roxas always only "borrowed" Sora's Keyblade and wielded through his connection with Sora he had to visit Sora's station instead. One may even call Sora's station Roxas' "birth cradle" as he was originally created from within Sora's heart.
KH 1's take on the whole issue with the Princesses' platforms might just be another hint towards that by that time the story and meaning of the platforms wasn't really fully though out. Retroactively maybe Sora subconsciously connected with all the Princesses' hearts somehow. After all, Sora's heart is some curious entity as it also contacted Ven's broken heart on its own initiative in the BBS Prologue shortly after its birth when seeing Ven's light.

If we go by this deduction the Core of Ven's heart would indeed be the Badlands, which is somewhat weird and may hint at at least some indirect connection to the past and the chi-era.

If Xemnas was trying to get access to Ven through sleep, which is not out of the question since he was looking for his body in an unsolvable maze, I can totally imagine the Realm of Sleep becoming Ven's hiding spot and he only occasionally pops out. It would explain his entire absense through most of the series until Roxas unlocked the power to use his blade and then saving Sora at the end of DDD.

But I really do hope they touch more on Sora and Ven. Technically, they've never met in person and in both instances, Sora was 'too young' to even remember helping him. My headcanon is true, they are soul/heart brothers. I refuse to believe otherwise. Let my headcanons become true, I need themmmm. At least let them hug.

It would be also quite another creepy situation if you analyze it further. During BBS Ven was constantly stalked and nagged by Vanitas, an ax-crazy psycho who wanted to use him for pretty unsavory stuff like forging an ultimate weapon of doom with his heart which is basically his very essence as a being, then he faces that threat down and comes out victorious at the cost of the health of this very own essence, finds refuge with Sora in order to recuperate and then he has to realize that even while sleeping and trying to recuperate he isn't safe and there is a new "stalker" after him in the form of Xemnas who tries to find out where his body is hidden through a different layer of reality in form of the Realm of Sleep.

I certainly agree with most of that assessment, yep.

That sounds nice. I have a theory that characters that are connected to the Foretellers might get redesigns centered on hoodies, like how SRK have hoodies, haha. Could just be a coincidence though. xP

Doesn't there need to be some sort of proof of existing characters being actually connected to the Foretellers first before you can make a theory based on that?
It seems many people are already considering this as a fact when there is nothing actually firmly pointing towards this beyond some superficial design similarities.
Kairi also already had a hoodie in her KH 2 outfit so it isn't really something that groundbreaking or totally new.
Sora so far always had a hoodie which was also shown up in some Nomura art beforehand.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It is at least a possibility that would a) allow for some more focus and insight on Ven as a character and b) give him a story related to current events instead of just loading him with some unneccessary burdens and connections to a long gone past.
Lol, it is clear that especially in the beginning (meaning the between BBS and KH 1 time and closer to KH 1 itself as well as CoM-time) he won't be very capable of being "active", but he might also have help from some Dream Eater spirits like i.e. some of the horse-like ones he could possibly ride to get around.

It would certainly place him somewhat more involved into the story in contrast to being "just" one of those needing to be saved and possibly one of the "fated" seven Guardians (seriously, if I had to decide things I would say fuck fate and also fuck nort and his plans and gather 777 or even more Guardians and then actively seek out and annihilate Xehanort's 13 apocalypse bastards).
Or to speak with Sandor "The Hound" Clegane's words from Game of Thrones: "Fuck the prophecy, Fuck Fate, Fuck Xehanort!"
It is a bit wonky as the story summarization for KH III speaks about Sora, Donald and Goofy "searching for the Key to Return Hearts and seven Guardians", the latter part of this can possibly mean the suffering ones as according to both Blank Points and Re: Coded it is indeed Sora who is supposed to save him, not Riku or Mickey or Kairi (as some people continue to advocate in Aqua's case).
The summary further says that in the meantime Riku and Mickey are searching for "previous Keyblade Wielders" which originally was theorized to be the TAV BBS trio, but that is highly unlikely due to it being impossible to save Ventus without Sora but due to the advent of X[chi] and its era there are two more possible groups of "previous Keyblade Wielders" that Riku and Mickey could be looking for, the first being obviously the five Foretellers, the so-called "lost masters" while the second group could be the "Dandelions", of which both Skuld and Ephemera (as the deputy leader of them after Ava) act as visible representatives in art and promotional material so far.

While it isn't confirmed yet that is what can be deduced. Sora's station shows Destiny Islands and when Riku in DDD unlocked Sora's sleeping Keyhole on the awakening platform he ended up in a fascimile of said Destiny Islands where he meets Roxas, Xion and Ventus, the three hearts which are directly harbored inside Sora's as well as a Data-Version of Ansem the Wise, a representation of the research data Ansem hid inside Sora's heart while he slept during Days as stated by both Data-Naminé in Coded as well as Ansem himself in Blank Points towards Aqua.
Ven's station is indeed the only other one shown so far (apart from the hybrid station that resulted of the partly merged hearts of him and Vanitas) and as for Roxas, since it is known that he developed his own heart, he might have a station, probably an "unfinished" one but we have not seen Roxas' station yet.
We see Sora's in KH 2 because the whole point of that awakening was to give Roxas back control over the Keyblade. However since Roxas always only "borrowed" Sora's Keyblade and wielded through his connection with Sora he had to visit Sora's station instead. One may even call Sora's station Roxas' "birth cradle" as he was originally created from within Sora's heart.
KH 1's take on the whole issue with the Princesses' platforms might just be another hint towards that by that time the story and meaning of the platforms wasn't really fully though out. Retroactively maybe Sora subconsciously connected with all the Princesses' hearts somehow. After all, Sora's heart is some curious entity as it also contacted Ven's broken heart on its own initiative in the BBS Prologue shortly after its birth when seeing Ven's light.

If we go by this deduction the Core of Ven's heart would indeed be the Badlands, which is somewhat weird and may hint at at least some indirect connection to the past and the chi-era.

It would be also quite another creepy situation if you analyze it further. During BBS Ven was constantly stalked and nagged by Vanitas, an ax-crazy psycho who wanted to use him for pretty unsavory stuff like forging an ultimate weapon of doom with his heart which is basically his very essence as a being, then he faces that threat down and comes out victorious at the cost of the health of this very own essence, finds refuge with Sora in order to recuperate and then he has to realize that even while sleeping and trying to recuperate he isn't safe and there is a new "stalker" after him in the form of Xemnas who tries to find out where his body is hidden through a different layer of reality in form of the Realm of Sleep.

Doesn't there need to be some sort of proof of existing characters being actually connected to the Foretellers first before you can make a theory based on that?
It seems many people are already considering this as a fact when there is nothing actually firmly pointing towards this beyond some superficial design similarities.
Kairi also already had a hoodie in her KH 2 outfit so it isn't really something that groundbreaking or totally new.
Sora so far always had a hoodie which was also shown up in some Nomura art beforehand.

Good point. I never noticed Kairi's hoody. And yeah, Sora does wear his hoody in, I think, the title screen of the FM version of the original KH. It's not regularly that they draw hoody with his Sora, so that detail is kind of forgetful, haha.

By the way, don't the Foretellers have the same voice actors as the KH cast in the Japanese dub of Back Cover?

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
It would certainly place him somewhat more involved into the story in contrast to being "just" one of those needing to be saved and possibly one of the "fated" seven Guardians (seriously, if I had to decide things I would say diddly fate and also diddly nort and his plans and gather 777 or even more Guardians and then actively seek out and annihilate Xehanort's 13 apocalypse bastards).
Or to speak with Sandor "The Hound" Clegane's words from Game of Thrones: "diddly the prophecy, diddly Fate, diddly Xehanort!"

I know a lot of people had a problem with BbS because they felt like all the important story bits were being told in past tense. If Ven's trouble are more current to the plot, then that'll help.

Just imagine, half-asleep Ventus riding in on a rainbow giraffe....

I think without a doubt that Sora will be gathering all the lights that are gonna fight in the final battle, mostly because of of these people need saving... yeah. I guess that just leaves me wondering where the 'lost masters' will be... Realm of Sleep? Realm of Darkness?? I don't think this'll be answered until 2.8 at the earliest. If they are in the realm of darkness, it would make a ton of sense for them to look for Aqua. Especially since Mickey mentioned her to Riku and Kairi... but eh. If it's in the Realm of Sleep, well, Riku obviously mastered that place. And hey, maybe Kairi could get some training in there.

So it's either some interesting evidence that will not be used/mean nothing, or ... the stations/cores are just... the most imp0ortant place in their hearts. We haven't seen Ven's station BEFORE his heart got torn up, maybe it was something different. But I guess the birth of Vanitas was enough to leave a mark on his core.

YMX stalked and bothered Sora all throughout his journey in DDD. None of them seemed unfamiliar with how it worked in their either. To be honest, Xemnas seemed super sketch to me the entire game and I don't really know why (other than my theory that Xemnas has more Terra in him than he lets on) Even seeing YMX for the first time triggered Sora into seeing Vanitas.

My poor Ven, stalked and followed at literally every turn. When you really think about it, his entire existence has been something Xehanort has wanted to use. Whether it was for a vessel, or to summon the xblade, or whatever other ideas he had for Ven while looking for his body in CO. Even in DDD he still expressed a little interest Ven safely locked away in Sora.

Sorakh212

Awards
If Ventus were anyone from the past my bets more on Master Gula or some sort of reincarnation perhaps. As for the whole Dandelion thing I've always speculated that the dandelions are what spawned the whole Keyblade warriors and their ceremonies like what we see in BBS. It's all open to interpretation at this point in time. It's possible Ventus is or was a Dandelion at some point in time it just seems rather unlikely to me. You present interesting perspectives with your points but it doesn't really all add up imho. Interesting ideas and speculation though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back