• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHIAmA former administrator and long time forum goer. Ask me anything!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Your username is really pretty. What does it mean and how did you choose it?

Is there a reason you have no avatar and just a quote in your signature? Going for the minimalist look? I always find choosing something colorful fun, myself.

Back when you were into KH actively, what did you love most and hate most about it?

Disney or Final Fantasy?

Who would win, Batman or Superman or Wonderwoman?

On a more serious note, what advice would you have for a young college student coming of age?

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Your username is really pretty. What does it mean and how did you choose it?
My original username was silh0uette. I took it from a line in a song, "Moonlight Shadow" by Mike Oldfield. Except it wasn't that version, but the one that appeared on DDR 5thMix. I'm not at all decent at DDR.

The leet felt childish after a while. Everyone called me "silh" anyway, so I abbreviated it.

edit: Oh hey, thanks btdubs

Is there a reason you have no avatar and just a quote in your signature? Going for the minimalist look? I always find choosing something colorful fun, myself.
I just got tired of changing out tags and avatars whenever I got bored of them.

Back when you were into KH actively, what did you love most and hate most about it?
Having played an instrument, I'm quite sensitive to music. It's the first thing I notice about anything, and KH's music has always been fantastic even to this day.

I haven't been following KH as closely since KH2 after being underwhelmed by it. I bought it at release and I remember thinking, "I pocketed my lunch money for two weeks for this." I played very little of the HD remaster of it last year and that awfully paced Roxas prologue induced Nam flashbacks.

Disney or Final Fantasy?
Probably Disney, though to put things in perspective, I've never even seen The Little Mermaid. Still, I've finished more Disney movies than I have FF games.

Who would win, Batman or Superman or Wonderwoman?
I don't read DC anymore. Are Superman and Wonder Woman still dating? I'd still go with Wonder Woman either way. Batman blah blah blah kryptonite but even without Superman wrapped around her finger, WW was capable of all kinds of hell in Flashpoint.

On a more serious note, what advice would you have for a young college student coming of age?
Your interests may or may not change. It comes with the territory. I myself have gone from wanting to be an ultrasound tech to now wanting to be a set photographer. As long as you're consistent about going to school and learning new things, you're doing alright. Don't waste time, knock it out.

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
How do you maintain a cool attitude with such a long standing on this website?

Do you miss a lot of the veterans on here? Or do you maintain contact with many of them anyway and it doesn't matter?

I'm also vaguely interested in your opinion of me since the veterans in particular have always had a weird view of me, especially with how we all basically grew up with each other. I've known you for over a decade and it's just interesting to look at those bonds or whatever you may call them.
Will we forever be our behavior in middle/high-school?
While this place has continuously given me insight and allowed me to voice my opinions comfortably... it has also led to me being harassed, picked on, and given me many insecurities of my weight, looks, and how I act. I know I'm not the only one, I was curious what your opinion is of the previous "bully" mindset that members faced previously. People currently don't have their phone numbers released to /b/ to my knowledge.

Last edited:

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Asking the hard-hitting questions. I like.

How do you maintain a cool attitude with such a long standing on this website?
I've come to like being really aloof.

Do you miss a lot of the veterans on here? Or do you maintain contact with many of them anyway and it doesn't matter?
I miss being able to talk to all of the old guard at once. I have most of them added on FB, but we don't really interact. It happens. Life happens. I mean, look at the HIMYM finale.

#junes is still a thing, but I'm afk a lot since it's not as active as it used to be. Victor hooks me up with new tunes every now and then (though his taste is more eclectic than mine), and I chat with Tony a little bit, too.

One person that I do talk with quite a bit is Shawty, and I'm diddlying thankful that was after KHI. She wouldn't've been thrilled with the kind of person I used to be.

I'm also vaguely interested in your opinion of me since the veterans in particular have always had a weird view of me, especially with how we all basically grew up with each other. I've known you for over a decade and it's just interesting to look at those bonds or whatever you may call them.
Will we forever be our behavior in middle/high-school?
While this place has continuously given me insight and allowed me to voice my opinions comfortably... it has also led to me being harassed, picked on, and given me many insecurities of my weight, looks, and how I act. I know I'm not the only one, I was curious what your opinion is of the previous "bully" mindset that members faced previously. People currently don't have their phone numbers released to /b/ to my knowledge.
I was a real piece of work growing up, I'll be the first to admit that. I even embraced it. The other day, I found an old post where I had said some pretty misogynistic shit. It was completely unflattering. It is completely unflattering.

I'm only scratching the surface. What I'm trying at is, you either learn from that and grow past it, or you don't. I like to think that I have. In my case, it wasn't until after I retired from here and let other experiences mellow me out a little and mold me into a better and more sensible person. I had to learn to get over myself.

As for you, even when you came back as Annoyance the issue of your harassment was swept under the rug. Actually, I can't even say that because it persisted. After a while you showed somewhat of a tolerance, but that wasn't meant to be interpreted as an invitation to continue it, and for that I owe you a sincere apology. Hell, I didn't even know the thing /b/ and your number was a thing.

Bringing this full circle, I have the guy added on FB and IG and even diddlying Hamster Lord turned out to be cool as shit. Arielle (Spock) had her name changed by Sam to Ethnic Woman when she stood up for a friend, and she's one of the people in charge here today. Lastly, Victor went through a very brief ordeal – admittedly, not exactly like yours, but still enough to mention anyway.

Yeah wow, holy shit I made Sam an admin. My teen years were chaos.

Last edited:

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
that's it when and where am i kicking ur ass
Downtown Disney Starbucks, February 29th at high noon

We can chill out and talk about this over an espresso or something like gentlemen

BRINGN IT BINCH

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
One person that I do talk with quite a bit is Shawty, and I'm diddlying thankful that was after KHI. She wouldn't've been thrilled with the kind of person I used to be.

no that's fine we talk weekly but no that's ok i get it

fuck you tyrone got dammit

Sawah

unofficial HOTH
Awards
this girl has the hard-hitting questions riiiiight here.

tyrone, how often do you shower?

tyrone, without googling it, can you guess how long a potato can last in the fridge before it goes bad? what about pasta sauce (such as marinara)?

tyrone, will i ever amount to anything besides cute?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Okay i know its all behind us which is cool beans but i want to ask this based on your gained perspective

How do you feel about the shit that happened those years back?

Awards
Having played an instrument, I'm quite sensitive to music. It's the first thing I notice about anything, and KH's music has always been fantastic even to this day.
Follow up questions then.

What's the best piece in KH, and what's the worst? What kinda music are you into, anyway?

What instrument do you play?

I play clarinet (even though I have no ear for music myself XP), so I gotta ask: Is it true that woodwinds kick brass? (It's true)

Oh, and thanks for the advice. c:

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
tyrone, how often do you shower?
Up to three times a day. After a workout, before going out, and after work before going to bed. I didn't finance my mattress to be marinating in work juices in my sleep on it. That's disgusting.

tyrone, without googling it, can you guess how long a potato can last in the fridge before it goes bad? what about pasta sauce (such as marinara)?
I serve at a restaurant and float to BOH sometimes. Potatoes can go for a few months. Marinara, a few days.

tyrone, will i ever amount to anything besides cute?
If you really put your mind to it, you can wind up as a B-quality YouTube celebrity. Maybe even on an infomercial. There's lots of potential here.

Okay i know its all behind us which is cool beans but i want to ask this based on your gained perspective

How do you feel about the shit that happened those years back?
Is it, though? I feel that's all you ever wind up talking about on the rare occasion we do talk.

What's the best piece in KH, and what's the worst?
"The 13th Struggle" is an incredible composition. It still felt intense despite the hardware limitations CoM was working with on GBA, and I was blown away when I first heard it the way it was supposed to sound. Shimomura is an enchantress.

If it's wasn't from the 80s, I'm not really much for synthetics. There's an exception here and there (I'm really into "Kill v. Maim" by Grimes atm), but "Space Paranoids" just diddlying runs with it and it's absolutely criminal.

DOOTDOOTDOOT DOOTDOOT DOOT DOOT DOOTDOOT, DOOTDOOTDOOT DOOTDOOT DOOT DOOT DOOTDOOT

Seriously, diddlying diddly it's like a cheese grater for my ears. I don't know if I'll ever play KH3D, but I hope the Tron world didn't sound anywhere near as hellacious.

Honorable mention goes to "Under the Sea." The song by itself, yeah sure, that's fine. It's much fondly remembered for a reason after all, but I'm pretty sure there's also a circle of Hell where "Under the Sea" loops for eternity.

What kinda music are you into, anyway?

What instrument do you play?
It's not everything I listen to, but I'm a rocker, through and through. I play a little bass and recently bought myself a ukulele for my birthday, which I'm currently teaching myself to play.

I play clarinet (even though I have no ear for music myself XP), so I gotta ask: Is it true that woodwinds kick brass? (It's true)

Oh, and thanks for the advice. c:
Yeah, sure thing.

Band wasn't my elective choice in school, so I feel I can't fully appreciate that joke. I get it, though.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
That probably has to do with the fact i have nothing else to talk about. Regardless of current events i actually enjoy talking to you but it seems like our interests and hobbies are too different and conflicted so i bring up the first thing that comes to mind, haha.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
How's your taste in fashion these days? I know you say you're a rocker at heart, but do you still listen to Indie? I miss our #junes playlist on Spotify :(

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Seriously, diddlying diddly it's like a cheese grater for my ears. I don't know if I'll ever play KH3D, but I hope the Tron world didn't sound anywhere near as hellacious.
They definitely toned down the synth for The Grid. Or, in the very least, it's not nearly as grating as Space Paranoids. Still fits the world's aesthetics like a glove.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
What kind of video games do you like to play besides the obvious kh, earthbound and persona?

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
That probably has to do with the fact i have nothing else to talk about. Regardless of current events i actually enjoy talking to you but it seems like our interests and hobbies are too different and conflicted so i bring up the first thing that comes to mind, haha.
I'm not proud of letting people like Steve and Chris have a negative impact on your earlier days here. If it's all the same to you, it's something I'd rather not have to keep revisiting.

How's your taste in fashion these days?
It's autumn and my coats don't look as good. Why? My hair's cut short at the moment and I've been feeling that a lot of my wardrobe complemented my hair's length. For now, I've just been wearing band shirts (nothing loud, something shirt designers really don't seem to get) with denim jackets (light blue usually, the more worn the better), black pants and black boots. Pretty simple. And since it's suitable for the current weather, I've been wearing beanies to keep my short hair hidden as it grows back out. Needless to say, I'm hoping for a long winter but I'm not big on headwear. Still getting used to having something on my head.

I know you say you're a rocker at heart, but do you still listen to Indie? I miss our #junes playlist on Spotify :(
I suppose the definition of "rocker" isn't as broad as what I was conveying.

Ryan Adams – "Blank Space"
Castlecomer – "Fire Alarm"
Death from Above 1979 – "Cheap Talk"
Halsey – "Control" (this is a really diddlying good album)
Wolf Alice – "Freazy"

You're welcs.

They definitely toned down the synth for The Grid. Or, in the very least, it's not nearly as grating as Space Paranoids. Still fits the world's aesthetics like a glove.
I just checked it out. Yeah, it's a marked improvement for sure.

Last edited:

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
What kind of video games do you like to play besides the obvious kh, earthbound and persona?
I don't play a lot of video games, which is a little weird to admit. It's not that I've grown out of them, it's that I don't have a lot of time for them. However, I did spend most of this summer unemployed. It was the most I've played video games in years. I ended up playing through a majority of the Assassin's Creed series. I'm currently in the middle of Syndicate. You would think I'd be burnt out by now, but I've taken quite a liking.

[video=youtube_share;1Hojv0m3TqA]http://youtu.be/1Hojv0m3TqA[/video]

Undertale was the last game I played through, and it's very Earthboundy. It's something that needs to be experienced. It takes a little more than a few hours to beat and it's only $10 on Steam. Really, there isn't an excuse.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Is there anything you like to watch on television these days?

Will you play any future or past titles of Persona?

What kind of beverage do you like to drink?

Got any pets?

Do you like sports?

What do you like to read?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Oh, OH. Almost forgot. What is your taste in cinema and TV accustomed to? I know you like BrBa and i believe Quentin Tarantino which is a step in the right direction, but in your free time what do you really like to play and watch?

What happened to khi interviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back