• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHIAmA former administrator and long time forum goer. Ask me anything!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Is there anything you like to watch on television these days?
Too many.

Fargo on FX is undisputedly the best show on TV right now. It's really dark and funny, tightly plotted, and does a terrific job with not playing into the audience's expectations. It's an anthology series – you don't have to watch the movie it's inspired by or the season before, but I absolutely recommend doing so. Not only because of the subtle nods to each other, but because they're just that good.

How to Get Away with Murder is another show where the thrills are delivered consistently. It's also a very progressive show that brings needed attention to important social matters such as rape culture and mental illness.

Season ten was abysmal, but Supernatural has been good to us so far this year. "Baby," the episode from the week before last, is especially creative.

Will you play any future or past titles of Persona?
Of course. Just because P4 was milked for all its worth doesn't mean I won't check out P5, it still seems like a fun game.

I'm more interested in playing the older mainline SMT games than playing the older Persona games. Consider the following: I'm a reincarnation of Adam? I can punch out God? The gameplay might be primitive, but don't SMT's stories sound a lot more epic in comparison?

What kind of beverage do you like to drink?
Water or grapefruit juice, mostly. I grew up in a household where we didn't buy soda, but I'll have root beer (which is the best) once in a while.

Got any pets?

This grump.

Do you like sports?
Hockey. I don't follow it that closely, but how much faster paced it is in comparison to other sports delights me. I'd love to watch a hockey game one day. Also, it's brutal.

What do you like to read?
Vonnegut is my dude. Cynical a lot of the time, but poignant at others. His birthday was yesterday.

I'm working on the ASoIaF series at the moment. I mean I only started last year, but it's not like the series is finishing any time soon.

Oh, OH. Almost forgot. What is your taste in cinema and TV accustomed to? I know you like BrBa and i believe Quentin Tarantino which is a step in the right direction, but in your free time what do you really like to play and watch?
I like Tarantino, but Rian Johnson who directed "Ozymandias" from BrBa is far and away my current favorite director.

His ideas are always original. As you can see above with every movie he pumps out, he isn't afraid to take risks and try something new. He's also a traditionalist – he avoids special effects and CGI like the plague, it's practically his signature. JGL's jawline in Looper is all prosthetics and make-up, and a majority of the film actually takes place in BFE.

I'll call it now: Star Wars VIII will be the best Star Wars. I'm actually really excited to see what he does for it, because his scripts are sharply written (which means I don't have to worry about it being an intergalactic political snoozefest) and he's got a very good handle on sci-fi.

Jean Luc-Godard is another one. Remarkable dialogue, very good eye.

What happened to khi interviews?
Didn't they just stop because no one had time or motivation to answer nothing but fart jokes
It was mostly laziness really, and after a while I started noticing that the interviews didn't go much further beyond the #junes circle.

Last edited:

Pandymint

Awards

YO I've never even met someone else who has so much as ​heard of Brick. A friend of mine recommended it to me years ago and I finally watched it. It was such an excellent film. Nice to see another fan.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Would you say that this is the new platform for interviews? Opening threads and answering all questions?

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
YO I've never even met someone else who has so much as ​heard of Brick. A friend of mine recommended it to me years ago and I finally watched it. It was such an excellent film. Nice to see another fan.
Rad. Yeah, I'll even go so far as to say that it's that and Fight Club I really credit with for jump-starting my interest and appreciation for film.

Speaking of Fight Club, I can't believe I forgot to mention David Fincher. Guy's got an amazing sense of suspense, and it only helps that he's had Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross on score. His remake of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo is more faithful to the source material from what I understand, but I've been told by several people that the original is a lot better. However, I digress; I'm looking to talk more about Gone Girl. That movie is a diddlying whirlwind and even better conversation fodder. The lead characters are far from heroic and both are heavily misinterpreted by the audience, and a lot of that is due to societal norms.

I also forgot to mention Mr. Robot on USA. Okay, so I admit I'm a little shallow when it comes to choosing stuff to watch; I'm totally for it if it's visually captivating, and Mr. Robot is exactly that with a bit of a cyberpunk aesthetic to it along with intriguing characters.

Lastly, True Detective season one. Not season two, because that was hot garbage. I'm spent, so I'm just gonna leave this here instead:

[video=youtube_share;Xyu_MdKBXic]http://youtu.be/Xyu_MdKBXic[/video]

Would you say that this is the new platform for interviews? Opening threads and answering all questions?
Sure, both an AmA and an interview share the objective of getting a better idea of one person, but the big difference is that an interview is literally a conversation. The one conducting the interview is required to be thoughtful enough to be able to carry that conversation. They're just as important as the other person.

Last edited:
Awards
Do I/did I ever have any particular reputation on here? Or have I always just faded into the background, haha. I know I'm not exactly an active poster outside of Forum Insanity and have probably made one notable thread in my time here.

Also, what would about the kind of communities that can form at forums like these? If you've been part of more than one forum before, would you say this one is relatively better/worse?

Did you watch the Nintendo direct thing?

Is it annoying getting a bunch of questions from someone who's never really talked to you before?

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Do I/did I ever have any particular reputation on here? Or have I always just faded into the background, haha. I know I'm not exactly an active poster outside of Forum Insanity and have probably made one notable thread in my time here.
Not really. There was an instance something had happened on the forums and not everyone agreed. I spent an evening explaining myself, and afterwards was given flack for apparently ignoring your inquiry.

I try not to be vague but I really can't remember what it was, though considering how I liked running things, it sounds about right. Beyond that we've had little interaction.

Also, what would about the kind of communities that can form at forums like these?
I'm not sure I understand the question, but I'll give it a go anyway.

Community is a lot more than the camaraderie you establish; it's also about acting on new ideas together to keep things more tightly knitted, especially at a time like this when it's so stagnant. Perhaps the current mods can collaborate with the members on a contest. There used to be a Secret Santa where everyone made graphics for each other. Shit like that. Contrary to popular belief, reaction gif threads have not helped.

If you've been part of more than one forum before, would you say this one is relatively better/worse?
I can't say if this is better or worse than other places, because this is the only one I've ever really been a part of. As an admin I used to have to visit other places because of petty forum disputes, and at the most these days I'll lurk others.

Did you watch the Nintendo direct thing?
I don't have anything Nintendo for myself, so it doesn't really pertain to me but I figure I'll always hear about it afterwards anyway. I do have the option of borrowing my little brother's if there's ever a game I want to play on the Wii U or 3DS or whatever though, which is nice.

It's cool that there's finally a female Link, but I don't particularly like the design they chose for "Linkle." ("Linkle?" Really?)

Also, Cloud what the diddly. Travis Touchdown for SSB4. Nintendo pls.

Is it annoying getting a bunch of questions from someone who's never really talked to you before?
I wouldn't be accomplishing a whole lot if I started this thread just to talk with friends.

Pandymint

Awards
Hey Silh, it turns out Soaked in Bleach got put up on Netflix so I literally just watched. Man, talk about getting a fresh perspective on things. I was never a fan of Courtney, and was always at least somewhat suspicious of her. But with the recordings and the facts being laid out like that... I almost feel crazy to say she is free of any doubt whatsoever. It's a shame we can't just get a definitive answer and lay it to rest once and for all.

So yeah, thanks for recommending it to me.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Heh, sweet. Yeah, no problem!

Really, the actress playing Courtney did a great job in the sense that she pretty much nailed how grating she can be. (So you could also say she did a grate job, then.)

Pandymint

Awards
Heh, sweet. Yeah, no problem!

Really, the actress playing Courtney did a great job in the sense that she pretty much nailed how grating she can be. (So you could also say she did a grate job, then.)

Your pun slays me, ser.

She was also more attractive than the real Courtney, so there's that.

Having watched it, it inspired me to finally sit down and figure out how to play Do Re Mi. So I'm happy about that as well.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
If you had the opportunity to be a mod again, would you take it?

Silh

Slippery People
Awards

If you had the opportunity to be a mod again, would you take it?
I'd rather not. Even if the place had more consistent activity, most of the people who made it fun for me are gone.

I consult in the staff boards sometimes, but that's about it.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I consult in the staff boards sometimes, but that's about it.

Ethy: alright everyone. We need ideas.
Silh: *raises hand*
Ethy: *sighs* there will be no matching jorts for staff.
Silh: *lowers hand unenthusiastically*

Shade737

Silver Member
Your still alive too? Well shyt.

I remember you having a sister. Is she of legal ag....I mean....how is she these days? :cool:

You remember the member named Starlight?

Last edited:

slinky

One Step at A Time
It's cool to see older members back around. I myself haven't been around much anymore, just recently made a reappearance in the name of the Game we all enjoy or at least enjoyed at some point. ( I Still do of course)

What would you say you miss the most from around that time when you started?

For me it was the group of friends I knew and met at the time. We kind of met here at the time a few years before facebook became widely used and we all kind of drifted off again before it took off so we never connected outside of the forum before it was too late. I was even was in one of the early fanclub's we were called, "The Reversed Hearts" doubt you'd remember that, it was just full of kid like rambling but it was fun. haha

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
I remember you having a sister. Is she of legal ag....I mean....how is she these days? :cool:
She's as much unavailable as much she is 23.

You remember the member named Starlight?
I remember Sam trolling the hell out of her RPs with a tentacle monster. That kind of thing is hard to forget.

It's cool to see older members back around. I myself haven't been around much anymore, just recently made a reappearance in the name of the Game we all enjoy or at least enjoyed at some point. ( I Still do of course)

What would you say you miss the most from around that time when you started?

For me it was the group of friends I knew and met at the time. We kind of met here at the time a few years before facebook became widely used and we all kind of drifted off again before it took off so we never connected outside of the forum before it was too late. I was even was in one of the early fanclub's we were called, "The Reversed Hearts" doubt you'd remember that, it was just full of kid like rambling but it was fun. haha
Definitely being able to hang out in the Digital Media section! To be able to make my own tags/signatures and be able to do it well enough that others liked what I made was fun, and I liked that there was an entire group of people that gave constructive criticism and helped improve everyone. I just wish I kept at it – I hit a creative block one day and couldn't overcome it.

I do remember the Reversed Hearts thread being popular, but I don't have a context of it which is a good thing. I only ever had to come into a fanclub if someone was being a pain in the dick.

Shade737

Silver Member
She's as much unavailable as much she is 23.

I remember Sam trolling the hell out of her RPs with a tentacle monster. That kind of thing is hard to forget.
I see. Time to play the waiting game.....

I remember when you guys put Starlight on global ignore lol.

slinky

One Step at A Time
Definitely being able to hang out in the Digital Media section! To be able to make my own tags/signatures and be able to do it well enough that others liked what I made was fun, and I liked that there was an entire group of people that gave constructive criticism and helped improve everyone. I just wish I kept at it – I hit a creative block one day and couldn't overcome it.

I do remember the Reversed Hearts thread being popular, but I don't have a context of it which is a good thing. I only ever had to come into a fanclub if someone was being a pain in the dick.

I remember the Digital Media Section around the time I started and the years following. Some pretty fantastic artists roamed these boards and man all I had to do was take a peek and watch them go. Never was the pro at it myself, though I do have experience with Photoshop and what not. The ability a lot of you all had was something else! I felt honored often to, "Rate Work" I'd spend hours somedays in that section giving my two cents (Positive stuff) on how a lot of peoples work turned out.

Well I'm glad to hear we were never brought up in a bad context. Can't imagine our group getting in trouble. Lol We kept to ourselves mostly and we just talked about goofy stuff and it's true we were just a bunch of kids but i had some of the most fun conversations i've ever had on the internet to this day in these forums. Some Really Good Times Honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back