• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Translated: Tetsuya Nomura's Interview with Famitsu

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Re: Translated: Tetsuya Nomura's Interview with Famitsu

The conversation will be over two minutes....now I'm dying to know. Dx
Bet the DDD part got a few people happy.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

I do find the part about Nomura having offers from outside Square Enix very interesting, especially on the heels of being removed from FFXV. Has he ever done any work outside of Square before?

Not that I'm aware of. He has talked about wanting to work at Nintendo, but this interview was over 10 years ago.

bczp

I just lost my shit. Almost literally. I'm going to go to NYCC as well (as Zuko ;O) so I hope the official site reveals what days he'll be there. Or, he might just be browsing around their game like some other game producers do. Keep an eye for the NYCC website just in case guys.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Fix'd, there ya go. 25///characters

I see what you did there. :)

Nomura, we already know it is Xehanort and Eraqus stop being obtuse.

*does his best Xemnas impression* Innndeeeeeeed.

In all seriousness, though, I can't help but think that he may still feel compelled to keep things a little close to the vest considering that the game is still in the early stages. Still, it's kind of odd that he keeps saying that since all of is have already figured it out the first time we saw that segment.

I feel like if Chi is going to be relevant to the story of KH3, they would have to release it overseas. I would be very happy to have a KH game for my Vita. I think it would be a good idea as well.

Agreed. We've already moved past the era of keeping remixes and such Japan-exclusive, so it behooves Square Enix to try to get someone to localize this, especially considering that this game is supposed to be half Disney anyways.

The conversation will be over two minutes....now I'm dying to know. Dx
Bet the DDD part got a few people happy.

It definitely got me happy at least. :)

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Here's a solution... Put it out on Vita. You have the support of Sony's servers, keeping a vita user-base happy, localising a game that's going to become more and more relevant in the lead up to KH3's release, and it will look gorgeous on OLED.

Or maybe, just maybe, they could put it on a platform where more than 500 people will actually play it. Like Facebook or iOS.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I do find the part about Nomura having offers from outside Square Enix very interesting, especially on the heels of being removed from FFXV. Has he ever done any work outside of Square before?

Not that I'm aware of. He has talked about wanting to work at Nintendo, but this interview was over 10 years ago.

He did the art for Puzzle & Dragons Battle Tournament, which is made by Gung-Ho Online Entertainment and in collaboration with Square Enix. That's the closest thing to not working for SE. I wonder if the non-SE stuff is more like him doing freelance work or if it would be considered "in collaboration with SE"?

It's weird because Nomura has been working at SE since 1991...wow I was just a newborn at that time.

*does his best Xemnas impression* Innndeeeeeeed.

In all seriousness, though, I can't help but think that he may still feel compelled to keep things a little close to the vest considering that the game is still in the early stages. Still, it's kind of odd that he keeps saying that since all of is have already figured it out the first time we saw that segment.

Of course. If he admitted who it was, that'd kill the suspense. (It is just sounding so BBS right now xD)

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Oh, Nomura, you're just so adorable acting like we all don't already know who those two are. XD
It would be really, really weird if we find out they really aren't Xehanort and Eraqus....

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Or maybe, just maybe, they could put it on a platform where more than 500 people will actually play it. Like Facebook or iOS.

Mhm, I'm with MATGSY, I'm not interested in another mobile gaming unit. I'm not able to play on the go, I want something on a console. Though, KHx isn't really a console game and I understand that. So I'd rather it either stay on browsers OR they retool it into some sort of Re:X bonus with a potential 3D HD. Or as a downloadable option on the playstation store. Maybe do what they did with FFX and have it on both. I don't know, but making another handheld, even X, seems like a bad idea.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I just lost my shit. Almost literally. I'm going to go to NYCC as well (as Zuko ;O) so I hope the official site reveals what days he'll be there. Or, he might just be browsing around their game like some other game producers do. Keep an eye for the NYCC website just in case guys.

Nomura did get a chance to wander around a bit at SDCC, but for the most part, he was signing autographs at the Square Enix booth. If he's there to promote merchandise again, he'll likely do the same thing.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I wanted to make note of this (not for any big reason):

[Interview Bits and Bobs: LINE Stickers | How did the KH LINE stickers come about? "Disney spoke to me, and then I chose the characters and lines myself. I love Vanitas' 'Tch', but the one I use the most is Sora's 'OK'. I use it when responding to things I'm supervising with (laughs)." (Nomura)]

Nomura, some years ago, had said he doesn't really like using social media things but look at him now! Using the LINE app! I just thought this was cute because LINE is usually associated with younger people and not so much game developers using it for easy contact.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The game is too resource heavy to go on Facebook, not to mention the website takes 30% of the revenue gained from players.
I'd rather it not go to iOS since games heavily drain the phone battery and this is not really a "play on the train or bus to work" kind of game.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards

I'm like 98% positive χ[chi] won't be seeing a new platform, or a Re:χ[chi], whatever that would even be like. I'd assume χ[chi]'s main scenario would have to be finished before they remake it anyway.

However they plan to bring it to the overseas audience, I just hope I don't need a new account/character to play in English.

Anyway, good interview. Labeling the Re:coded scene "Tome of Prophecy" sure helps it be a little less ambiguous.
A 3DHD is definitely in the future.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Anyway, good interview. Labeling the Re:coded scene "Tome of Prophecy" sure helps it be a little less ambiguous.
A 3DHD is definitely in the future.

I'm just glad it isn't named something super vague so we don't have to watch the entire thing to find that one scene.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I'm just glad it isn't named something super vague so we don't have to watch the entire thing to find that one scene.
(Except it's in Japanese so I'll be like "Is this it? Nope. Is this it? Nope. Is this it? Nope.")

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

(Except it's in Japanese so I'll be like "Is this it? Nope. Is this it? Nope. Is this it? Nope.")

Well it'll likely be one of the last scenes, so that won't be hard.

Unless they make it so we have to watch EVERYTHING and then it unlocks like an actual secret ending.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member

yep I theorize 2015 KH 1.5&2.5 bundled for PS4/One, then in 2016 KH3D HD with KH3 demo, and finally KH3 in 2017

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

First off, thank you Goldpanner! This must have been a lot of work!

No worries <3

I can just imagine Nomura getting a text saying "You've been kicked off FFXV" and he just responded with a sticker of Sora saying "OK".

a5hs1d.jpg

This is totally weird, but I've never wanted to hug and kiss a person I've never met nor seen the face of as much as I do right now for Goldplanner...why?

Glad you enjoyed the interview :p

(Goldp L anner strikes again)

Nomura, some years ago, had said he doesn't really like using social media things but look at him now! Using the LINE app! I just thought this was cute because LINE is usually associated with younger people and not so much game developers using it for easy contact.

I wonder if he plays Disney Tsum Tsum....

Just keep an eye out for this word: 予知書 

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

I am a little worried.. about the game opening up with a lot of cutscenes. Of course I won't skip them, but I want to play the game. I've been waiting for a long time, and if I have to watch more than 10 minutes of scenes, I'm going to be a little miffed. Leave the long ones for later on in the game. KH1, DDD, and Re:Coded have all gotten this right. Give us a little tutorial taste before the real story begins.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I am a little worried.. about the game opening up with a lot of cutscenes. Of course I won't skip them, but I want to play the game. I've been waiting for a long time, and if I have to watch more than 10 minutes of scenes, I'm going to be a little miffed. Leave the long ones for later on in the game. KH1, DDD, and Re:Coded have all gotten this right. Give us a little tutorial taste before the real story begins.

With the opening movie plus the 2+ minutes of not!Xehanort and not!Eraqus talking about the not!Foretellers plus whatever they need to do to set up Sora's story/location and get you TO the tutorial, you should definitely expect to be waiting about 10 minutes before diving into the game.

I think think your concerns are founded but you do have to recognize that this game is going to be loaded with information to set its own plot up and information to catch players up on past details. You aren't going to be able to avoid it in this case unless we are lucky and the game starts us off playing as one of the "mysterious" guys immediately after the opening credits to teach us the basic movement mechanics or something.

KH1 had the benefit of being the first game in the series & was striving to give us a sense of mystery. KH3D had the benefit of being confusing as all hell so it could start wherever it wanted, and Re:coded starts off with a fairly basic plot that allowed us to jump right in. KH3 is not so lucky.

I wonder if he plays Disney Tsum Tsum....

How could one not play it ;~; It's so cute and addictive! Nomura, don't let us down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back