• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Translated: Tetsuya Nomura's Interview with Famitsu

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Translated: Tetsuya Nomura's Interview with Famitsu

I will commit it to memory, just like I did for the Japanese word for Aero.

2qvdrbb.jpg

ok ill stop

How could one not play it ;~; It's so cute and addictive! Nomura, don't let us down!

I KNOW

Be my friend Nomura, I promise I'll give you hearts regularly

Sdog

Awards

Awesome! Thank you to those who translated!

Nomura said:
And, I wanted to show everyone that KH3 begins somewhere nobody is expecting, with speaking from new voice actors that haven't appeared in the series before. I really enjoyed seeing everyone try to guess who those two are.

Think we know who those two are Nomura =p, I'd be shocked if it were anyone different.

Nomura said:
Since we've only just finished work on KH2.5, we would need a little more time to look into the technical aspects of HD remastering for next gen consoles.

My hope goes on!

Nomura said:
I've also drawn new clothes for Sora and Riku and the others.

Knew Sora and Riku were getting new threads but now this confirmation for others has me pumped and anxious!

Key to Truth

Awards

This I don't understand because they have had a team looking into the technical aspects of PS4/Xbox One remastering since 2012. Surely they could just look at Type-0 and go "oh, it actually is a pretty great thing. How did you do it", then they can just go.

Of course, this to me sounds like that question and answer from last September where I think Hashimoto was asked about whether or not a KH 2.5 was possible, and he responded saying that if people bought 1.5 then they'd consider a 2.5. About 2 weeks later KH2.5 was announced.

Well, there's a small problem with porting the game to PS4/XBO. Didn't you notice how Type-0 looks very different to the PSP version? That's because console games up until now haven't had a real lighting system, at least 99% of them. They work in an unlit enviroment and they work around that. If they convert 1.5 and 2.5 to PS4/XBO they will have to work on a system of lighting that will ressemble the aesthetics of the games being ported, and still it won't look the same. They will look a bit KH3fied.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Well, there's a small problem with porting the game to PS4/XBO. Didn't you notice how Type-0 looks very different to the PSP version? That's because console games up until now haven't had a real lighting system, at least 99% of them. They work in an unlit enviroment and they work around that. If they convert 1.5 and 2.5 to PS4/XBO they will have to work on a system of lighting that will ressemble the aesthetics of the games being ported, and still it won't look the same. They will look a bit KH3fied.
Ultimately, is that such a bad thing, porting the games and having them all look like the upcoming third game?

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Ultimately, is that such a bad thing, porting the games and having them all look like the upcoming third game?

Certainly not a problem for us. But they're probably looking at all of the extra work that entails and how it would further delay KH3, which they really don't want to do anymore considering that was the reason they cut the multiplayer from the Mirage Arena.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

While I can see how that would be a worry for some, I'd much rather the fulfilled their promise of unifying all games in one place, and help establish a userbase on the Playstation 4, much like what Type-0 is doing for XV.

bilko90

Thanks for the translation :) I'm glad that he has clarified a few of these comments for us. Firstly if both Yasue AND Nomura have said the really enjoyed Frozen then I don't see any way how it can't be in the game.

next thing is, as far as the whole ps4 editions go, I really don't care if they don't touch up the details any more whatsoever if they did a literal 'straight port' on the console just so that I can play it on my ps4 rather than PS3. They've done all the hard work up to this point as it is anyway...

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

That's.. oversimplifying things. Of course every video game has a lightning system, and none of them have a "real lightning system". The latest ones are most advanced but they have their limitations.

The game would look exactly like it does now, only with in 1080p, AA and (hopefully), 60fps. Lightning has nothing to do with it.

notnow123487

Awards

Do you guys think 2.5 will have a secret ending? I remember with 1.5 Nomura said before it came out that there would not be a secret ending but as far as I know he hasn't done that yet for 2.5.

Sdog

Awards

yep I theorize 2015 KH 1.5&2.5 bundled for PS4/One, then in 2016 KH3D HD with KH3 demo, and finally KH3 in 2017

I can actually see this. With 3d getting some rework to look a bit more 'current gen' like how Type-0 is getting.

Though I wouldn't mind KH3 being in 2016 just to keep with my prediction =p, but if 3d gets a solid rework I could wait that extra year.

notnow123487 said:
Do you guys think 2.5 will have a secret ending? I remember with 1.5 Nomura said before it came out that there would not be a secret ending but as far as I know he hasn't done that yet for 2.5.

2.5 will have an additional new scene that no one has seen before, still speculating on what it is =p.

Gram

Banned
Awards

While I can see how that would be a worry for some, I'd much rather the fulfilled their promise of unifying all games in one place, and help establish a userbase on the Playstation 4, much like what Type-0 is doing for XV.

Can't help but agree with this. KH3 being on PS4 while everything else is on PS3 and 3DS kinda made me felt lied to. haha

Sdog

Awards

Can't help but agree with this. KH3 being on PS4 while everything else is on PS3 and 3DS kinda made me felt lied to. haha

I like to look at the collections on the PS3 as a reminder to those who might've fallen off the series, or an introductory to newcomers. Though porting them to PS4 (O lawdy plz) would open it up even more so to the millions who have never owned PS3 or turned one in before either collection's release (this guy).

kakalakingma

Can someone explain to me what the kh line sticker ISO? I don't get it. Is it then saying "tch" and "ok" or is that referring to actually stickers?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Dr_Mario64

I am a little worried.. about the game opening up with a lot of cutscenes. Of course I won't skip them, but I want to play the game. I've been waiting for a long time, and if I have to watch more than 10 minutes of scenes, I'm going to be a little miffed. Leave the long ones for later on in the game. KH1, DDD, and Re:Coded have all gotten this right. Give us a little tutorial taste before the real story begins.

You'd be surprised how common of a problem this is in JRPGs. For the record, 10 minutes is NOTHING. During my playthrough of Persona 4, it took at least a solid hour to get through the expository cutscenes and into the actual gameplay. I won't deny that such exposition is necessary, but surely there's a better way to convey this to the player than a simple info-dump! This is why I know better than to judge an RPG based on its beginning. Because of the necessary expository dialogue and tutorials, it's almost never a good indicator of the core gameplay. KH has gotten better about this; though I wouldn't be entirely shocked if the problem found its way back to KH3. There's going to be more to explain than ever!

Shogo-Kun

Awards

You'd be surprised how common of a problem this is in JRPGs. For the record, 10 minutes is NOTHING. During my playthrough of Persona 4, it took at least a solid hour to get through the expository cutscenes and into the actual gameplay. I won't deny that such exposition is necessary, but surely there's a better way to convey this to the player than a simple info-dump! This is why I know better than to judge an RPG based on its beginning. Because of the necessary expository dialogue and tutorials, it's almost never a good indicator of the core gameplay. KH has gotten better about this; though I wouldn't be entirely shocked if the problem found its way back to KH3. There's going to be more to explain than ever!
Sounds like these JRPG writers needs a healthy dose of "Show, Don't Tell." I just got finished with my Screenwriting class and I can think of a few ways they can show the exposition, rather than tell it. For instance, have a tutorial session where we travel through the various memories that will not only get people excited about the game, but also act as a quick refresher. Also, and this is a big thing that I learned, save some of that exposition for much later in the story. If there is one thing I've learned about exposition, it's that it shouldn't be told too early, otherwise you'll overwhelm the audience. Plus, saving that exposition will give the writers a trump card that they can save for character development, something that a few of the characters in this series sorely need. Just my two cents.

SoraForeverKH

That was so much better than I could've expected! I love that KH game director! He even has a funny side. I like how he uses the Line stickers to text! Lol
I am so excited for KH III! This interview was awesome! Thank you insider!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back