• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Meristation Interviews Tai Yasue: No European Dub for 2.5

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Re: Meristation Interviews Tai Yasue: No European Dub for 2.5, Possibilities for Frozen in KH3

The only thing I'll say about this: no musical part pls k thnx bae xoxoxo

and no more FF VII

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Meristation Interviews Tai Yasue: No European Dub for 2.5, Possibilities for Frozen in KH3

Sick of characters from "VII" I'd prefer actual good characters like Snow or Zidane.

Idk about Snow...I would be more partial to Type-0, FFXII, and FFIV characters.

FangirlfromHell

Awards

I don't really care enough about chi to decide if it should or should not be canon. Since it will never see the states I have no interest really. That and it's essentially an MMORPG just in a browser. I detest MMOs personally, but I will admit the outfits are adorable.

As for Frozen being in KH3....I may get some major hate for it, but I would only ever accept it as a musical world. I don't really care for any characters to be teamed up with Sora. I for one loved the musical level in KH2, and would be delighted with a repeat. It beat fighting underwater from KH1, that's for sure. I have rage quit over KH1 Atlantica before.

Enix, for the love of Mickey Mouse do NOT include Marvel or Star Wars in the series! I would sooner take the Muppets than deal with those overly complicated stories making their way into an already complicated game franchise.

I am sorry to European fans, that you won't have the game dubbed in your languages. It is highly unfair that the game only gets released in Japanese and English voices.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

Honestly, I don't think a Frozen world would do very well among fans without some sort of musical element. Let It Go in particular is just too popular among the people of the world. All we can hope for is that it isn't just a musical world. I actually would have no problem if it came up as a mini-game every once in a while when the story permitted it. Just let us explore Arendelle and fight some bad guys too. Then let us come back and re-play the iconic songs. A snowy mountain like in The Land of Dragons is a good start, but we need to go to the city and castle too.

Although, personally I would rather just have the songs reduced to background music. However, how will fighting and singing work together in the same world? Although Kingdom Hearts is Disney, singing alone barely works. On a similar note, the only character from Frozen that seems to have any battle potential is Elsa. The problem with her is that her whole thing is that she is isolated. How could she be a party member without severely changing the story? SE has their work cut out for them. But I'm glad that Tai Yasue continues to mention all of the things people are wanting from this game. More Final Fantasy presence, Pixar worlds, overlooked Disney classics, and Star Wars/Marvel (even though some people do not want this). Interesting that he mentioned FFVII over other SE properties. Most of the FF characters in KH are from VII already. Only a couple of them seem like they could fit.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

I will only accept more VII characters if we get Vincent (and that he's in Halloween Town.And if we get Corneo.

No Yasue! Don't say Chi is canon! Okay, yeah with what story there is can be canon (hey, the Foretellers are lost masters after all, or at least we assume), but I'm just worried that if Chi shows up in III, it'll feel out of place and/or that it'll be treated like everyone playing knows what the heck it is and what happened in it. So I'm one that hopes it's treated as an old fairytale (at it is in Chi) in III, which would make it's existence canon to the main series, while, being a fairytale, makes it that the events of Chi aren't concrete so things could be changed or expanded upon if Nomura ever wishes to.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Coincidentally, Vincent is the one Yasue really wants xD

Pestilence

Awards

Horrible if they add Marvel and Star Wars. That's not KH, nor the heart of what it was originally. Stick with Disney worlds and the like.

Ill be so disappointed if either make it into 3.

You could argue Star Wars has basically already made it into KH, especially when looking at BBS lol.

overly complicated stories

Yes, the ''overly complicated'' stories that millions of kids loved back in the day and still love today. If they made a SW world it would quite likely just be rebels vs imperium based on one or few locations. 100% of the important stuff needed for a SW world is possible to cram just to the Death Star location from New Hope.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Edited out the Star Wars and Marvel comment. We got some clarification from SE and apparently the two were never discussed in the original interview session.

Makes sense I think. Yasue never mentioned either of the two properties in any of his interviews prior.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Thanks for the update Sign!

I know everyone is feeling pretty sick and tired of Frozen due to its over-saturation in the market currently, but it would be stupid NOT to include it.

Frozen would be such a great marketing tactic to push KH3 to people who aren't familiar with KH. It is likely to garner people just by advertising that world.

Now that said, I know Nomura is a fan of musicals but after Atlantica in KH2 I would really like to avoid another musical world. The first one was kind of pointless in the scheme of the rest of the game and felt entirely out of place, but it was not that fun.

I would want to actually interact with the characters of Frozen and explore the beautiful world they created in the film.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Edited out the Star Wars and Marvel comment. We got some clarification from SE and apparently the two were never discussed in the original interview session.

Makes sense I think. Yasue never mentioned either of the two properties in any of his interviews prior.
I thought that didn't sound like something he'd say.

Thanks for the update Sign!

I know everyone is feeling pretty sick and tired of Frozen due to its over-saturation in the market currently, but it would be stupid NOT to include it.

Frozen would be such a great marketing tactic to push KH3 to people who aren't familiar with KH. It is likely to garner people just by advertising that world.

Now that said, I know Nomura is a fan of musicals but after Atlantica in KH2 I would really like to avoid another musical world. The first one was kind of pointless in the scheme of the rest of the game and felt entirely out of place, but it was not that fun.

I would want to actually interact with the characters of Frozen and explore the beautiful world they created in the film.
I wouldn't mind another musical world as long as it's not done like KHII's Atlantica. Maybe just make it a little rhythm-based, like the enemies fight to the beat of the music and you have to match it to block and attack. Maybe have some singing in, too, but as mini games you don't need to do to proceed.

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I wouldn't mind another musical world as long as it's not done like KHII's Atlantica. Maybe just make it a little rhythm-based, like the enemies fight to the beat of the music and you have to match it to block and attack. Maybe have some singing in, too, but as mini games you don't need to do to proceed.
That might actually be pretty cute! It would certainly keep it a bit more plot-relevant to be able to fight enemies through song.

Pestilence

Awards
I'm a bit confused. Was it a mistranslation into english? Was Meristation straight out lying? Did Yasue say something he shouldn't have?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'm a bit confused. Was it a mistranslation into english? Was Meristation straight out lying? Did Yasue say something he shouldn't have?
They mention Star Wars, Marvel, and Frozen on Meristation (in bold letters no less) so it's not a mistranslation.

Got bored and put that part through Google Translate:
Talking about the future, we commented how Frozen was a huge success worldwide, but particularly, a phenomenon in Japan. It would include asking about how this universe in the series, always hypothetically and not a confirmation, explained how he liked everything about the making of items across the ice. What else would you add? When asked, he admitted growing up with Star Wars and Marvel without adding more data; Also, worlds based on Disney films like did with the Timeless River in Kingdom Hearts II, or even other games pesonajes Square: the Final Fantasy 7 that have not yet appeared are the main candidates.

Also, Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMix is about candy.

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It wasn't a mistranslation. We were asked to remove it though, so we ask you all to understand and refrain from inquiring about the specifics.

dremora_

I hope some characters from the Final Fantasy XIII world appear in Kingdom Hearts III.:confused:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Also, Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD ReMix is about candy.

(Yes, 2.5 is candy. Dulces tan deliciosos a causa de mi marido Riku y su amigo Sora jajajajaja tan dulce muy perfecto)

Google Translate really sucks at context & metaphors. It is saying that 2.5 is like pure caramel.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
These interviews do make me worry that KH3 is going to sell out to include what's popular in Disney these days (Frozen,Marvel, and star Wars).

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
These interviews do make me worry that KH3 is going to sell out to include what's popular in Disney these days (Frozen,Marvel, and star Wars).
Pirates of the Caribbean was in KH2 because it was popular at the time. It's not like this would be a new and ground breaking thing for KH to include a popular and new title, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back