• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Meristation Interviews Tai Yasue: No European Dub for 2.5

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
These interviews do make me worry that KH3 is going to sell out to include what's popular in Disney these days (Frozen,Marvel, and star Wars).

How is that selling out? By that logic It all ready sold out with Chicken Little, potc and Tron Legacy.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
How was that selling out when Chicken Little didn't even do well and Nomura likes Tron?

To clarify what I said. It's not selling out, but it's seemed to that the Disney marketing team requested them to put chicken little in.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I've never been thrown through such a loop by a KHi article. Gonna need to sleep for a few days. Wake me up when KH3 is confirmed for TGS.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Somebody needs to contact kh13 people and tell them to change there article they have the stuff abiut frozen, marvel, and star wars in there article

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
To clarify what I said. It's not selling out, but it's seemed to that the Disney marketing team requested them to put chicken little in.

And? It's Disney's game. They can ask to put anything in it. The secondary, implicit purpose of Kingdom Hearts is advertising the movies & games that are featured in it, and Disney wanted to market Chicken Little as best as they could (which didn't help the film at all but it did give us a quirky summon). (At least this is how I imagine Disney execs see it compared to the developers)

How many times have you heard of people saying "Oh, this is in Kingdom Hearts? I guess I should watch it/play that FF game/play TWEWY!" Thousands.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'm not hurting for FFVII characters necessarily, just more FF inclusion in general.

There's no way the fans would be satisfied with a Frozen musical world. The songs weren't near as timeless as the ones drawn from The Little Mermaid soundtrack. I honestly didn't mind that they added rhythm game elements to KH2, but that's all Atlantica was reduced to. If they made Frozen some sortof hybrid world akin to Twilight Town (KHII) or Disney Town (BBS), that had minigame elements, but still had the exploration / action-adventure elements, then that would be okay.

vincentr0th

Awards
what?no german again?that is ...sad.When i first got my hands on KH 1.5 the Voices really threw me off because y´know english VAs in Video games are usually better,but damn German VAs in Kingdom Hearts were really something.I mean those were truly Grade A Voice Actors as opposed to the normal"meh at least someone says it in their Language"VAs

but,no Dice i guess

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
So I suppose by the way he worded it DDD will probably get a remake at some point. I'd say in a couple more years.
About adding more FF7 characters, I wouldn't mind Vincent appearing but they've already introduced quite a few characters from 7 so I would like to see some from other games, like 6 or 9.

Wanxi

Yasue was asked about European voiceover for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix several months ago at E3 2014 but was unable to delve into the matter at the time. However, he confirmed to Meristation that HD 2.5 ReMix will not be including any of the European dub, such as Spanish, French or German.
Oh maan! But the German Dub is sooo Cool! (I like the English Dub a li'l bit better, but I still want to play the Game in my own Language.)

Though from that response from Square Enix Germany, it sounds like KH3 will be dubbed.

Yeah. You know, The German Dub was just in the main games, like KH and KH II.
And because KH III will be a main game too, (we hope) it'll be in German! (The main Games are those, which are realesed on a Console, BUT NO REMAKE!!)
So I kinda understand why there's no German Dub... but they could just take the voice works from the original KH II. It really sucks!!

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
So I kinda understand why there's no German Dub... but they could just take the voice works from the original KH II.

But then what would they have done for all the new final mix scenes?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Wasn't the original Japanese Final Mix entirely english except for new scenes that were in Japanese? They could have done that. Even if that wasn't how the original Final Mix worked, I think they could have done that. :S

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Wasn't the original Japanese Final Mix entirely english except for new scenes that were in Japanese? They could have done that. Even if that wasn't how the original Final Mix worked, I think they could have done that. :S

The original final mix was voiced in english, and the final mix scenes were left silent. There is a duel-language theatre mode in FM, though, that allows players to re watch the new scenes with a dub. I mean, they could have done that but I'm glad they didn't.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Okay, I said the wrong thing. I was not talking about KH1: Final Mix. I was talking KH2: Final Mix+, and I screwed up.

I've checked the videos now and feel pretty confident: KH2 Final Mix+ was voiced in English but used Japanese voiced sequences for the new scenes. They could have arguably done similar: they could have used the original German language recording for most of the game, and used Japanese or English for the new scenes, was my intended point.

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Okay, I said the wrong thing. I was not talking about KH1: Final Mix. I was talking KH2: Final Mix+, and I screwed up.

I've checked the videos now and feel pretty confident: KH2 Final Mix+ was voiced in English but used Japanese voiced sequences for the new scenes. They could have arguably done similar: they could have used the original German language recording for most of the game, and used Japanese or English for the new scenes, was my intended point.

I knew what you were referring to and I said what I meant, Final Mix + had a theater mode where the Japanese voices could be switched on,but in the main game the new scenes remained silent. But that is a good point, and something that's doable. I think it would still require effort loading the facial animations for the dub. It sucks, but it's a corner they're cutting so everyone gets the game quicker.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
What an odd way to do things with the scenes already recorded. Well, sorry about that.
The Kingdom Hearts team loves consistency. I have to admit, switching to another language at random intervals would be jarring and maybe a bit messy.

Gram

Banned
Awards
The Kingdom Hearts team loves consistency. I have to admit, switching to another language at random intervals would be jarring and maybe a bit messy.

If only consistency love spread to plot details. Dx *looking at you interviews*

damn

Re: Meristation Interviews Tai Yasue: No European Dub for 2.5, Possibilities for Frozen in KH3

Sick of characters from "VII" I'd prefer actual good characters like Snow or Zidane.
Snow? That dumbass?

Gimme Crono,Lucca,Frog and Magus instead

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Meristation Interviews Tai Yasue: No European Dub for 2.5, Possibilities for Frozen in KH3

Snow? That dumbass?

Gimme Crono,Lucca,Frog and Magus instead

Regardless of personal feelings of some people, the XIII-characters aren't that farfetched to be included nonetheless.

I never even heard of these characters except Magus who is a character of FF VI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back