• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth by Sleep HD Final Mix - A chance for everyone to play together

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The Kingdom Hearts series might have started off as a solo journey, however it eventually evolved into a series that incorporates multiplayer aspects into the games.

The earliest of this was in Chain of Memories where players could use a link cable and connect their games together for a fight.
[video=youtube;vLyswYu0lCg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLyswYu0lCg[/video]

This was expanded upon in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days where players could choose a character from one of the XIII members of Organisation XIII, Xion, Riku, Sora, King Mickey, Donald and Goofy and participate in missions or take down large heartless.
Re:coded had a similar feature however this was only done to increase system sectors in order to get to the final boss on the final floor.
Birth by Sleep had the most multiplayer features the series has seen thus far. From the Command Board to Rumbling Racing, from Versus Mode to Arena Mode, players could fight for victory or help each other gain riches.

Unfortunately, all the multiplayer aspects throughout the series have had one common flaw. They can only be played with other people within a close range. That is, you can only get other people in your games if they are right next to you.

However, with Birth by Sleep FINAL MIX no doubt heading towards the Playstation 3, a new world of multiplayer possibilities open up. With the game being released on the PS3, there becomes the opportunity for the developers to take advantage of the PSN and allow players to all connect to the multiplayer wirelessly.
That means that people from all over the world can join each others games for a round of Rumbling Racing.

So what do you think? Do you believe they will utalise the multiplayer to the best of it's ability? Think they will add in EVEN more bosses into Mirage Arena, maybe some that were cut (*cough*allthebossesfromDaysbecauseitsjustcutscenes*cough*) , or do you believe they might just let it be and we'd have to fend for ourselves against the vicious and cruel Iron Imprisoner?

State

Awards
Do you believe they will utalise the multiplayer to the best of it's ability?
Why wouldn't day? It'll be a golden opportunity for them to try out online multiplayer, trophies and the PlayStation Network platform, to familiarize with it for future multiplayer opportunities with the series, so it isn't a bad idea.

Think they will add in EVEN more bosses into Mirage Arena, maybe some that were cut
It's possible they may add one or two on the game, but if they decide to release DLC, there you have it (that's also another reason why they may develop a PSN-enabled BbS FM multiplayer; DLCs net nice cash).

But yeah, this is a chance for everyone to play together without the need of local wireless and ad-hoc party.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
It's possible they may add one or two on the game, but if they decide to release DLC, there you have it (that's also another reason why they may develop a PSN-enabled BbS FM multiplayer; DLCs net nice cash).

If they release alternate costumes, they have my money :/

But anyway, I sure hope they incorporate online multiplayer. I was disappointed about Days being cutscenes only because I was hoping for some good old Organization Online fun. With Birth By Sleep and the Mirage Arena/Minigames though, this could end up being really great!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

But anyway, I sure hope they incorporate online multiplayer. I was disappointed about Days being cutscenes only because I was hoping for some good old Organization Online fun. With Birth By Sleep and the Mirage Arena/Minigames though, this could end up being really great!
I'm actually hoping that sometime down the line, they release a small PSN game which is basically Days multiplayer. You get a set amount of mission (like 20) and some more would unfortunately be DLC because lol square enix.

If they have a spare team, I'd love them to work on this.

State

Awards
Alternates costumes sounds like good DLC, like playing as Sora, Riku, Mickey, Vanitas, Roxas, Xion, other keybladers.

You get a set amount of mission (like 20) and some more would unfortunately be DLC because lol square enix.
This sounds like a nice idea. Like I said, they could also incorporate adding other characters.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i actually hope they would give the mirage arena it's own video game on the psn or xbox live with trophies, online multiplayer, enemies from across the series, custom levels, and a way to transfer loot over to whatever kh game is popular that year.

i would almost immediately go broke.

State

Awards
i actually hope they would give the mirage arena it's own video game on the psn or xbox live with trophies, online multiplayer, enemies from across the series, custom levels, and a way to transfer loot over to whatever kh game is popular that year.

i would almost immediately go broke.

That sounds like another excellent idea, but I'm having a hard time seeing it in realization, but who knows!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
That sounds like another excellent idea, but I'm having a hard time seeing it in realization, but who knows!

it all depends on reception, projected cost and projected profit.

it's very plausible considering dlc and other similar business models.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Why wouldn't day? It'll be a golden opportunity for them to try out online multiplayer, trophies and the PlayStation Network platform, to familiarize with it for future multiplayer opportunities with the series, so it isn't a bad idea.

It would definitely be a good opportunity. To me the doubt comes from the lack of time they might have to dedicate themselves to building up a proper multiplayer aspect, but they have all of PDD1 who knows how to build a multiplayer experience from the ground up now so they would have the help if whoever is working on it in PDD5 couldn't do it.

I think it'd be a really big selling point for 2.5 if they added multiplayer. The collection would instantly become a must-have considering people have wanted a multiplayer experience for years.

State

Awards
it all depends on reception, projected cost and projected profit.

it's very plausible considering dlc and other similar business models.
Exactly.

I think it'd be a really big selling point for 2.5 if they added multiplayer. The collection would instantly become a must-have considering people have wanted a multiplayer experience for years.
In all honesty, which version do you think will sell the most? 1.5 or 2.5?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
In all honesty, which version do you think will sell the most? 1.5 or 2.5?

2.5, obviously. It's going to have KH2FM with the dozens of additions that practically make it a brand new game, BBS which people have been port begging over since forever and has Mirage Arena. But I'm saying that a multiplayer Mirage Arena would make it an instant buy for anybody because of the multiplayer aspect.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Really, only 1 of 2 things can happen with Mirage Arena's multiplayer: They implement online, or they scrap it from the game. It cannot work the way it does on the PSP. I guess there are ways to work around how BBS does it on the PSP, but they'd all be complicated and/or take away from it.

If Mirage Arena doesn't feature online multiplayer, I'll be very disappointed.

Capes: $9.99
8D

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If they added DLC to BBSFM HD, no lie, I'd buy it. Especially a costume pack with Class Zero's uniforms from Final Fantasy Type-0. Also if they added more battles like (our King) Laguna for a low price like $2.99, or hey Lightning (lol) or something...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
If they added DLC to BBSFM HD, no lie, I'd buy it. Especially a costume pack with Class Zero's uniforms from Final Fantasy Type-0. Also if they added more battles like (our King) Laguna for a low price like $2.99, or hey Lightning (lol) or something...

no lie, i've wanted to play as vanitas in multiplayer mode for a long time. i would pay to have more playable characters with their own unique skillsets and deck commands.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
This depends on three things:

1. The cost of a Sony server. Is it worth it?

2. How much effort would it take for a programmer to convert the necessary code?

And finally, though we all have an answer, 3. Do they even care?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
1. The cost of a Sony server. Is it worth it?

If they did a survey of interest, they'd probably be able to determine that.

2. How much effort would it take for a programmer to convert the necessary code?

They've got hundreds of people at SE and their subsidiaries that could do this easy so that wouldn't be a problem.

3. Do they even care?

They'd be stupid not to care considering the one thing people criticized BBS about was the Mirage Arena's lack of online multiplayer. On a home console where it is even less likely to play a game with somebody sitting next to you, they'd need to put some time into thinking about how they'd make the Mirage Arena work for an international audience that might not have the ability to play with somebody locally.

If Square Enix continues to sit on their same old belief that Japan is like everywhere else and not add a mutiplayer mode, they will only continue to show how inept they are at catering to a modern, international market and might as well downsize and give up the console game.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
They've got hundreds of people at SE and their subsidiaries that could do this easy so that wouldn't be a problem.
While I agree with the rest, I'm singling this part out because if kh1 is any indication, there won't be a huge team working on this. Still, it might not take much manpower.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
While I agree with the rest, I'm singling this part out because if kh1 is any indication, there won't be a huge team working on this. Still, it might not take much manpower.

I wasn't saying that it would take a huge team. Just that they've got plenty of people knowledgeable enough to do something like this.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Alternates costumes sounds like good DLC, like playing as Sora, Riku, Mickey, Vanitas, Roxas, Xion, other keybladers.

I can't see other wielders being reduced to "costumes" because then everyone would have the same playstyle considering they're only costumes and I'm pretty against that idea <_< Unless you meant playing as the other characters being DLC on their own and not being costumes, in which case I'm okay with that haha xD

While having the multiplayer will be a nice boost to sales, I've said it once and I'll say it again, if SE doesn't balance the multiplayer, it will backfire. The lack of online multiplayer in BbS without Ad-Hoc was disappointing, but if you did play on Ad-Hoc, it got boring within a day. The problem is that one cannot go into a random match versus another wielder and just have fun with it because there are certain moves that are absolutely, no way around it, broken. They are cheap, overpowered, and they run the match. Because they are so superior to all other moves, versing other wielders is reduced to Magnega, Aeroga, Curaga, and Salvation matches within minutes and that isn't fun, let me tell you >_<

If Square Enix continues to sit on their same old belief that Japan is like everywhere else and not add a mutiplayer mode, they will only continue to show how inept they are at catering to a modern, international market and might as well downsize and give up the console game.

Didn't Nomura say something about wanting to include multiplayer in KH games from now on? If so, then I'm pretty confident in Mirage Arena appearing ^_^ I mean, in 1.5 HD SE would have had to make something up from scratch to include multiplayer (considering if they wanted to use Days, they pretty much have to start from scratch making it for the PS3) but with this one, it is already there :)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Really, only 1 of 2 things can happen with Mirage Arena's multiplayer: They implement online, or they scrap it from the game. It cannot work the way it does on the PSP. I guess there are ways to work around how BBS does it on the PSP, but they'd all be complicated and/or take away from it.
They scrap it, then they'd have to design brand new ways to get those exclusive commands and the Ultima Weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back