• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3D Walkthroughs/Let's Play/Livestreams

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Re: People are getting the game early.

Destroy Esmeralda and let her taste the fires of JUSTICE!

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Haha. According to the video poster, Frollo saying God is replaced by him saying impurity and him saying hell is replaced by Justice.

Sorta make sense though, considering in the KH universe we don't know if there is "God" as Abrahamic religions believe in. The closest thing we could call to a God (Not counting the Olympians in OC, I would say they are more like lesser physical gods) is KH itself.

Though the censoring is a little odd considering there has been Christian symbolism in the series before. (X-Blade looks alot like the Keys to Heaven. Considering KH is where hearts return to upon death most likely, the X-Blade is technically the key to the afterlife. Heck I think one alternate way to pronounce X-Blade is "Christ-Blade", according to TV Tropes anyways. Then you have the whole keyblade war legend where to begin with the universe was perfect and full of light (Perfect paradise similar to Garden of Eden?) Then People start to get greedy and want the light A.K.A KH for themselves (KH being a place of untold wisdom...possible similarity to the tree of knowledge of good and evil?) and then darkness is born in their hearts and consumes the realm of light, with the POH restoring it to a less than perfect form than the united peaceful paradise it was before the war (The current realm of light being a divided and less wonderful place than what it was before the war...possible similarity to how Abrahamic religions see our current world as imperfect compared to the perfect paradise it once was in the Garden of Eden?)

Of course there are also Eastern Religious themes mixed in as well, for example the apparent hinted heart reincarnation process described when characters have said, "KH, the place all hearts are born and all hearts return to."

But ya know what I really don't get about the censoring in the disney worlds, why does disney want that stuff censored when they were the ones who put it in the original movies?

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

They don't want to start religious controversy, because a bad guy is the only one who is open about his faith, and kills because of it.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

They don't want to start religious controversy, because a bad guy is the only one who is open about his faith, and kills because of it.

More like he twisted his faith to fit his own desires. Clearly in the movie when Esmerelda is singing "God help the outcast" you can tell she's more of a christ like christian, where as Frollo is more like the jewish priest during the time of Jesus. In the end Frollo becomes a complete traitor to the faith since as Phoebus said, "And now he has even declared war against Notre Dame".

Plus if it was good enough to be put in the movie, then I don't understand why it wouldn't be good enough to put in a game. Same goes for the guns in Port Royal, or the green Hydra blood too.

The only reason I can see for all the censoring is because in 2012 Disney has to be more politically correct than what they had to be in the 90's.

I'm actually surprised they didn't censore Maleficent in BBS by making her say "Now you shall taste all the powers of darkness" instead of "Hell" Which makes me wonder, if Maleficent said Hell, then...is there a Hell or Hell like place in the KH universe?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

From what I understand, Disney doesn't choose or influence the rating, ESRB does. It just depends on the employees checking out the game and how lenient they are or not.

ESRB Ratings Process Summary

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards

Yeah the gamestops here in Ireland have been selling it on the shelves since yesterday.
Do you mean we can actually buy it before the release date? I went to a GAME shop two days ago and it was already on the shelf, trolling me.

iLeen

Awards

Do you mean we can actually buy it before the release date? I went to a GAME shop two days ago and it was already on the shelf, trolling me.

:O You should attempt to buy it!

I watched the 12th part of the English gameplay (of lostaname64). I dunno why, but I lol'd hard when Riku said "Perfect." David said it so perfectly:] (no bad pun intended)

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Just watched part 12 and Joshua said he was able to gather the remnants of Neku and the others' dreams to try and make them whole again. Can someone please tell me why Young Xehanort couldn't have been some form of Xehanort that was working behind the scenes and gathered the remnants of Xemnas and XH bring them to the realm of sleep and restore them the same way so they could exist alongside Terra and MX? Instead of getting the whole time travel plot device involved? It would have been much better in my opinion.

Hell even have YMX the one who destroyed Shibuya just so he could lead Joshua to the realm of sleep where he would try to restore Neku and the others, and the whole time it was actually YMX using Joshua's attempt to restore his friends as a test to see if such a thing was possible before he tried it on Xemnas and XH.

Loupest

Yup I bought mine, they already had trade in deals and everything for it. All the GAME's have closed over here so maybe they're not as lenient?

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

How old is rhyme I was expecting somthingt higherpitcched and cuter. She sounds very mature, then again she was always mature and levelheaded in her game but I guess I assumed it to be coming out of a little kids voice.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Rhymes about 12 years old in TWEWY.

I don't think that's Kate Higgins voicing Rhyme.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Wasn't sure where else to post this. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this AR card is different than Japanese version? Which I believe had Ursa Circus in the back, with a yellow ribbon at the bottom. While this version has Meowjesty in the background with a purple ribbon. So I guess the same AR cards can't be used for different regions?

tumblr_m7eukh1lw61rolk1jo2_500.jpg

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Good news everyone! I just asked the guy whose videos I posted about recording the last world, or it's cutscenes. He said yes!

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

[video=youtube;bbgSIP5h0qY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=bbgSIP5h0qY[/video]

I love the locaization.

Rhyme's voice sond familiar , but she does a really good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back