• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Black Coat Riku in KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Riku in KH3D

Hmm. When Joshua says, "It appears this world is just like ours, seemingly split into two parts" does he not mean that Sora and Riku enter the Realm of Sleep in two different dreams? To my knowledge, the Realm of Sleep is a dream.

The Realm of Sleep is not a dream. The worlds themselves are dreaming, though, but it does not make anything not real.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!

Once again, prooooooooooooooooooof. /sarcasm.

Think the "Riku on the Clocktower" scene will be delved into during this game? It was put into Re:Coded for a reason, no doubt for 3D.
I think the scenes we saw in Re:coded with unexplained events will probably be related to Ansem's data in Sora due to Ansem delving deep into his memories and the fact that the journal also formed a connection the worlds it traveled to, hence why it showed those scenes in the first place. But alas, this is like the question, "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop." THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW until some Famitsu translations and a Japanese release.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I think the scenes we saw in Re:coded with unexplained events will probably be related to Ansem's data in Sora due to Ansem delving deep into his memories and the fact that the journal also formed a connection the worlds it traveled to, hence why it showed those scenes in the first place. But alas, this is like the question, "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop." THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW until some Famitsu translations and a Japanese release.
Reading this reminded me that I didn't make up the whole "Sora having Riku's memories". Phew, that ones of my shoulders know.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

Alright, that makes a lot more sense now. I don't know why a Realm would be a "dream" I think Kingdom Hearts is starting to go way over my head T_T

For me it boils down to this: Data Riku would be the most useful as he has knowledge of the data, but Repliku would make the most sense because he's asleep already. But I just can't wrap my head around the idea of a journal being asleep. If it's the data inside Sora then it wouldn't even be the Data Riku from Re:coded that y'all are obsessed with. That was the journal and the data in Sora is completely separate.

And I love the Data Sora and Riku relationship as much as the next guy, but it was digital, inside a computer, and it doesn't affect the real Sora and Riku at all. BTW Data Sora doesn't need to tell Sora anything because that was all passed along through the letter. I think all of this is being way too overthought, I'm guilty myself.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

BTW Data Sora doesn't need to tell Sora anything because that was all passed along through the letter.
All Mickey said was the truth behind the Keyblade has been through many people and that they now know it, and that there are people that are hurting and only Sora can help them.

Nothing about Terra, Aqua or Ven, nor the Data in his heart any anything else Data-Namine talked about.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

For me it boils down to this: Data Riku would be the most useful as he has knowledge of the data, but Repliku would make the most sense because he's asleep already. But I just can't wrap my head around the idea of a journal being asleep. If it's the data inside Sora then it wouldn't even be the Data Riku from Re:coded that y'all are obsessed with. That was the journal and the data in Sora is completely separate.

Okay, let me get a bit metaphorical on this.

You pick up a book resting on a bookshelf, right? You read it and it becomes alive in your mind. I'd compare that to the Journal being awake. When you are actively using the book–the journal, you are bringing it alive.

You finish the book and put it back into the bookshelf; the story is over and is just a memory now. I'd compare that to the Journal being asleep because the story is no longer playing out in your head as you read it. It is in rest.

I've probably said this a ton of times, but the premise of Re:coded was to awaken the hidden information sleeping inside of the Journal. Data Riku is the Journal itself. The journal was awake, then once Naminé delivered her message and Sora said his thanks, Mickey put it back to sleep.

Now, I'm not suggesting the data in Sora is Data Riku. I'm saying that Data Riku (and Data Sora) may play a part in revealing this information to Sora and Riku. Sora knows about the memories of those in pain inside of him, but he has no clue about the data inside of him. We also know some of Riku's memories leaked into Sora or the Journal would have not shown those memories to Mickey.

These are things that need to be expanded upon and in order to do that I can see the Datas appearing.

And I love the Data Sora and Riku relationship as much as the next guy, but it was digital, inside a computer, and it doesn't affect the real Sora and Riku at all. BTW Data Sora doesn't need to tell Sora anything because that was all passed along through the letter. I think all of this is being way too overthought, I'm guilty myself.

It does affect them. Data Sora and Data Riku were reflections of the real Sora and Riku. Naminé even says to Sora "But when you pass my message on to the other Sora, just remember to tell him the things that you've seen...and that you've felt." Even if it was just data, those experiences were very real and important.

He couldn't have passed on Data Sora's journey in that one note. That seems like something Data Sora would only be able to express to the real Sora himself.

Data Sora and Data Riku learned important lessons from their adventures in the Datascape; Data Riku the most because he learned how to accept himself, which is something the real Riku seems to be having problems with in DDD. Of course, he knows he is accepted by Sora, but what Riku needs is somebody to tell him to accept himself. What better than Data Riku who had to learn the same lesson to do that?

Of course, it can still be Repliku but I just can't see him when we are trying to tie BBS, Days, and Re:coded together in DDD.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

King Mickey said:
I wanted to tell you right away,
About memories from the past that sleep within you,
And about the pieces that will tie you to your future.

Sora, Riku, Kairi,
the truth behind the Keyblade,
has found its way through so many people,
and now I know that it rests in your hearts.

Sora,
you are who you are because of those people, but they're hurting,
and you're the only one who can end their sadness. They need you.

It's possible that all your journeys so far,
have been preparing you for this great new task that's waiting for you.
I should have known there were no coincidences, only links in a much larger chain of events.
And now the door to your next journey is ready to be opened.

-Mickey

For reference. As you can see, it reveals very little of use.

After all the arguments for Data Riku being the one Riku sees... I have to agree. Especially Ethy's right up there. It makes perfect sense.

And yeah, I know from experience that accepting oneself can be the hardest thing to do. So I'm not surprised that Riku's struggling with that, especially with the events that transpired regarding him since the original game.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Okay, let me get a bit metaphorical on this.

You pick up a book resting on a bookshelf, right? You read it and it becomes alive in your mind. I'd compare that to the Journal being awake. When you are actively using the book–the journal, you are bring it alive.

You finish the book and put it back into the bookshelf; the story is over and is just a memory now. I'd compare that to the Journal being asleep because the story is no longer playing out in your head as you read it. It is in rest.

I've probably said this a ton of times, but the premise of Re:coded was to awaken the hidden information sleeping inside of the Journal. Data Riku is the Journal itself. The journal was awake, then once Naminé delivered her message and Sora said his thanks, Mickey put it back to sleep.

Now, I'm not suggesting the data in Sora is Data Riku. I'm saying that Data Riku (and Data Sora) may play a part in revealing this information to Sora and Riku. Sora knows about the memories of those in pain inside of him, but he has no clue about the data inside of him. We also know some of Riku's memories leaked into Sora or the Journal would have not shown those memories to Mickey.

These are things that need to be expanded upon and in order to do that I can see the Datas appearing.

It does affect them. Data Sora and Data Riku were reflections of the real Sora and Riku. Naminé even says to Sora "But when you pass my message on to the other Sora, just remember to tell him the things that you've seen...and that you've felt." Even if it was just data, those experiences were very real and important.

He couldn't have passed on Data Sora's journey in that one note. That seems like something Data Sora would only be able to express to the real Sora himself.

Data Sora and Data Riku learned important lessons from their adventures in the Datascape; Data Riku the most because he learned how to accept himself, which is something the real Riku seems to be having problems with in DDD. Of course, he knows he is accepted by Sora, but what Riku needs is somebody to tell him to accept himself. What better than Data Riku who had to learn the same lesson to do that?
This was so beautiful...

Of course, it can still be Repliku
Until this...

but I just can't see him when we are trying to tie BBS, Days, and Re:coded together in DDD.
But this made me happy <3.

But this is my real happy thing:
We also know some of Riku's memories leaked into Sora or the Journal would have not shown those memories to Mickey.

HOORAY, I WAS RIGHT. NO MAKING THINGS UP FOR CHASER :3

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

King Mickey said:
I wanted to tell you right away,
About memories from the past that sleep within you,
And about the pieces that will tie you to your future.

Sora, Riku, Kairi,
the truth behind the Keyblade,
has found its way through so many people,
and now I know that it rests in your hearts.

Sora,
you are who you are because of those people, but they're hurting,
and you're the only one who can end their sadness. They need you.

It's possible that all your journeys so far,
have been preparing you for this great new task that's waiting for you.
I should have known there were no coincidences, only links in a much larger chain of events.
And now the door to your next journey is ready to be opened.

-Mickey
For reference. As you can see, it reveals very little of use.

After all the arguments for Data Riku being the one Riku sees... I have to agree. Especially Ethy's right up there. It makes perfect sense.

And yeah, I know from experience that accepting oneself can be the hardest thing to do. So I'm not surprised that Riku's struggling with that, especially with the events that transpired regarding him since the original game.

fuck yeah that letter said nothing xD

This was so beautiful...

Until this...

But this made me happy <3.

But this is my real happy thing:
[/FONT][/COLOR]
HOORAY, I WAS RIGHT. NO MAKING THINGS UP FOR CHASER :3

<3 Oh Chaser.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

fuck yeah that letter said nothing xD
Which is why saying things like "Data Sora doesn't need to tell Sora anything because that was all passed along through the letter " it isn't really effective, nor a proper argument.
I guess Nomura decided not to put all that crap in because Data Sora needs to say it to the Real Sora, which Namine is there with them.

<3 Oh Chaser.
<3

Crazy Mario

Wow, Chase and Ethy, what you did was just overkill... and I love it! I'm really curious to see what will happen when Sora and Riku meet the characters from the past trio of games seeing as how they've got a really serious and recent conversation. I could definitely see Data Sora and Data Riku now after the theories we've posted countless times in this thread, Ventus appearing because of his body in a coma and "sleeping, Terra probably because so many Xehanort incarnations have been seen in the Realm of Sleep and Nomura actually hinted about a connection between him and Riku similar to Ventus and Sora, Xion because of being forgotten, and Roxas and Namine due to being fused to their Somebodies an now sleeping or something that makes them go to the Realm of Sleep.

Phew, when Nomura said this game would tie in with previous titles, he wasn't kidding! I'm just glad to see the possibility of Coded getting larger relevance after so many fans and even gamesites like IGNorant just addressed it as a spin-off.
200px-Riku_Journal.png
239px-Data-Sora_KHREC.png

Data-Riku and Data-Sora FTW!!!

Etherealin

Team Repliku ftw, people XD

I'd hope it is Repliku, but I wouldn't mind much if it was Data Riku- the scenes between him and Data Sora were one of the best parts of Coded. The dialogue was hilarious.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Wow, Chase and Ethy, what you did was just overkill... and I love it!
We're just providing proof on why it is logical for the Datas to appear in the Realm of Sleep. Not to hate on Repliku or you guys here, but I don't think I've seen a good reason for Repliku to be in the Realm of Sleep. The only one I've seen is "He's sleeping", while we've complied many theories with backing from the games.

Crazy Mario

We're just providing proof on why it is logical for the Datas to appear in the Realm of Sleep. Not to hate on Repliku or you guys here, but I don't think I've seen a good reason for Repliku to be in the Realm of Sleep. The only one I've seen is "He's sleeping", while we've complied many theories with backing from the games.
Oh no, I meant in a good way! You guys were just piling paragraphs and paragraphs of proof for your argument that just colored me impressed! It was a compliment to your awesome teamwork!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

This was fun for a few dats but im over it, here have your sig back

Idk why you're telling us this when we don't care if you use it or not :| It was just for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back