• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3D (Dream Drop Distance) Theories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eon Qey

So, the news is out and the suspense is coming. This may already sound old, or it may be new. Yet, what I'm really after is, what could happen, what will happen, ect.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I believe that there are many theories out there, and I will start with mine.

Sora and Riku will either be sent on a journey of some sort through either a dream, another realm, or out for their mark of mastery. On their journeys, they will once again be seperated and will this time try to find each other instead of Riku running away. I also think that two enemies will appear, of which are Xehanort's nobody and heartless. If it is in the sense of a dream, they will deal with event of which they do not know of and may intercept knowledge of BBS, ultimately fighting Xehanort himself (he may gain riku's power). If not, then the events they unravel will be to stop the darkness once more.

This is only my theory, and I would like it if you'd like to either review it or to even state your theories. ^^

Magnum

So, the news is out and the suspense is coming. This may already sound old, or it may be new. Yet, what I'm really after is, what could happen, what will happen, ect.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I believe that there are many theories out there, and I will start with mine.

Sora and Riku will either be sent on a journey of some sort through either a dream, another realm, or out for their mark of mastery. On their journeys, they will once again be seperated and will this time try to find each other instead of Riku running away. I also think that two enemies will appear, of which are Xehanort's nobody and heartless. If it is in the sense of a dream, they will deal with event of which they do not know of and may intercept knowledge of BBS, ultimately fighting Xehanort himself (he may gain riku's power). If not, then the events they unravel will be to stop the darkness once more.

I believe there will be two types of enemies: Heartless and Nobodies. This is supported by the screenshots:

Riku_Gamplay_3D.png
509px-3d3.jpg

And possibly a third, according to rumors.

Last edited:

Nate

I believe there will be two types of enemies: Heartless and Nobodies. This is supported by the screenshots:

Riku_Gamplay_3D.png
509px-3d3.jpg

And possibly a third, according to rumors.
Oh no. That that huge nobody again.

StVen

on the second screenshot did anyone notice that Sora holds the keyblade the other way lol :D
I think that their younger form has something to do with the gameplay also not just the story. I've read somewhere (i think some Nomura interview) that nomura kept thinking of a way for Sora to get back to level 1 again. So he does this by making a new 'universe' (probably in a dream?) that would make Sora come back to level 1 again. I put up a source to backup my guess :D

Nomura: It’s very difficult, thinking of reasons for Sora to return to level 1 each time (laughs)

[Source]

localorange

Here's a thought - the third enemy could be the mysterious figure from BBS:FM

And I like the idea said a few replies back that there are two planes, so to speak, and in one plane, one of the two does something that makes the other not trust them, and they have to separate fact from fiction. (It also plays well into what I hope the Hunchback theme will be: "Who is the monster and who is the man?" would work so well with Nomura's trust theme if done well).

billyzanesucks

Nomura said that 3D would answer questions about AtW's data, so I'm assuming it's a data universe.

Magnum

ugh... Why you gotta make this complicated......
Ven triggers something in his heart that artificially brings back vanitas.....

Because I'm a complicated person. I don't see Vanitas coming back or the Unversed unless something similar to what Master Xehanort did in BbS happens.

billyzanesucks

And how would you explain this?
It would would sort of make sense if Vanitas came back. I can't fathom how, but Ven does need his heart mended, so maybe one day he will accept the darkness and they'll be combined completely (though I'm not sure how they'll get around the X-blade thing).

KH2SUperfan

its called "My Own Little World, Where Nicki Minaj
Because I'm a complicated person. I don't see Vanitas coming back or the Unversed unless something similar to what Master Xehanort did in BbS happens.
complications kill you..... a person like yourself should remeber that......
back on topic, what if ven becomes a much darker more easily swayed person? what if darkness has a tighter grip on him, and something he does re-creates Vanitas and the unversed??

Magnum

complications kill you..... a person like yourself should remeber that......

A meaningless effort.

back on topic, what if ven becomes a much darker more easily swayed person? what if darkness has a tighter grip on him, and something he does re-creates Vanitas and the unversed??

I don't think Vanitas will be recreated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back