• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread [complete]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

David Boreanaz or Doug Erholtz?

• David Boreanaz (KH1)

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Doug Erholtz (Everything Else)

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

.:Mega:.

Awards
Re: The Official BBS VA Discussion Thread

I still think that the audio used in the trailer was really old, considering the blatant lack of sound effects. It was probably just put together so they could have something to present with the voice cast.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

αsiя;5128863 said:
except Willa doesn't have emotion.

opinion.jpg

In all honesty, if you want no emotion listen to Minu Suvari as Aerith in KH2. Willa Holland sounds NOTHING like that.

Allister Rose

French Lover

That's jumping to way close conclusions.

It doesn't mean that if one line was emotional, and others weren't that it notes anything for the full game, other than that Willa took a bit to get in sync with Aqua.

oh grow up now. It's not like my deduction was way out of line, now was it???

until i hear a good VA (with alot of emotion) i will give her a more promising review. You should all be at least satisfied that i'm not calling her horrid. but to me, she isn't satisfying enough.

and it's not "one line" it was "two". the one in the beginning and the one in cinderella's world when she asked to put on the glass slipper. you can hear her, b ut it sound's like she's whispering. PLus she sounds like any other kh english VA IMO. the style is very similar

As for Skyfoxx. you should also grow up. we can argue with ones opinion and try to reason with them, but overall don't get all hurt over an opinion. If you don't agree, then just say "i don't agree" and list your reasons why.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

Rose, YOU need to grow up. You are making reviews on performances that are not even official. I am getting sick and tired of you talking like you know exactly how this game is going to turn out as far as VAing goes.

You are literally a child, quit telling others to grow up.

Allister Rose

French Lover

Rose, YOU need to grow up. You are making reviews on performances that are not even official. I am getting sick and tired of you talking like you know exactly how this game is going to turn out as far as VAing goes.

You are literally a child, quit telling others to grow up.
you're being a hypocrit right (not saying this out of anger, just as fact)
if i review something, it's just my review. it's not intended for you to take it as fact and it is most defintely not fact. but at the same time, i'm simply preparing myself for the worst. And no, i'm not saying it's going to turn out exactly like the trailer. but the trailer give's us a taste. and this isn't like kh3d tech demo where we have no idea what will happen. there is a strong possibility they won't change anything from what we seen on the trailer rawpower.

so please be mature and not get angry over an opinion.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

Ok guys, lets just take it easy ok? This really isn't worth getting worked up over.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

It's not about the opinion, it's about your pompous attitude with all this. Even though MY opinion is that your opinion sucks, you're not presenting it like it's an opinion, you're presenting it like "The VAing will suck, especially Aqua. I'm calling it now." And no, I'm afraid you're wrong, they may and probably will change some of the takes in the trailer from the real game.

Edit: Are you kidding me? It's YOU that's causing this. I'll take your opinion seriously after the game comes out and you've played it. If you're JUST reviewing the trailer, then yeah, we all know it sucks, but that's probably due more to the editing and old takes that probably won't be used.

Allister Rose

French Lover

well it's an opinion. if i state it in a form as if it were fact than i apologize. but for now, why don't you just cool it?

if you know it's an opinion, and i know it's an opinion then it's all good

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

Behold... these users used to be full of dignity... united with the comments in the forum... on this single thread, fanboys and haters were locked in useless combat! As the great VA war RAGED!!!

Yeah, I think this sumarizes the entire thread.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

Don't forget the nasty rough old guy voice.

Allister Rose

French Lover

Behold... these users used to be full of dignity... united with the comments in the forum... on this single thread, fanboys and haters were locked in useless combat! As the great VA war RAGED!!!

Yeah, I think this sumarizes the entire thread.

your included aswell. but you take this outside VA thread. anyways.....from the trailer and the gameplay trailer. aqua will do good when there are scenes that don't need alot of emotion. but when it comes to certain scenes that she needs to sound caring, those scenes i have a feeling she won't do so well (considering the trailer). and yes i realize it's a trailer, but it's not like it' isn't official.

Allister Rose

French Lover

That sentence barely made any sense to be honest :/
let me be clear. for most of us, maybe we would argue and disagree in this thread and maybe in ocassional contraversial thread. but for you, you act the same in other threads. not just this one

Locksmith13

I think the first couple of lines were bad by Willia as Aqua because the content was very corny. Plus I read in some earlier comments someone mentioning that the voices used in the trailer are not necessarily the final voice cuts for the game and they were right. Now I'm not saying they will change but trailer voices are prerecorded for the trailer usually, although this situation is slightly different considering the game has already been released in Japan. Right now I'm not a fan of her voice for the role but the one line she delivered where aqua is in the main hall by the stained glass window is very good so I'm hoping for more like that. Mark Hamill's voice for Eraqus caught me off guard not only because it sounded very similar to his interpretation of the joker but also because it felt very menacing or intimidating for a character so affiliated with the light. I actually thought that with some tweaking his voice could be really good for Master Xehanort but either way its a nice sound for a character. I have to hear more lines by Leonard Nimoy in order to fully understand his voice. Its exceptionally creepy but I can't decide if it fits the character or not. Terra's VA will probably remain a mystery until the next trailer although i don't understand why no one has confirmed it unless its a surprise celebrity. Just wanted to voice my opinion for all of that.

Allister Rose

French Lover

well i think you will like aqua's voice if you want lines like the one seen in land of departure was good. but that scene didn't need enough emotion, so i still think she might not do so good in other scenes where a lot of emotion is needed

Locksmith13

I agree, I was just hoping for the best and I picked out the one set of lines that were actually well performed even if it was for just a second. I think she sounds too young for the mature woman aqua is supposed to be

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

let me be clear. for most of us, maybe we would argue and disagree in this thread and maybe in ocassional contraversial thread. but for you, you act the same in other threads. not just this one

Soooo... your point is that I disagree with people on multiple threads? ...I still don't get what you're trying to say.

You're basically telling me that I can't disagree with anybody except on this thread. I'm sorry but that is completely retarded to say that if I'm outside of this thread that I can't disagree with people. EVERYONE IN THE PLANET has disagreements and agreements with each other in MULTIPLE threads all the time.

If someone says something like "Birth By Sleep sucks!" and I disagree then I have every right to give my opinion regardless if it's in this thread or not. And YOU act the same way in other threads as well so don't go pointing fingers at me when you do the EXACT SAME THING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back