• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Special Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Countdown!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora1915

Bronze Member
It's homecoming week, so not rehearsal for me. I'm going to start playing the second I get home... well, the second I post the announcement that it's out. :3
I think my homecoming is next week, though I'm not going so I don't care xD

XYZ

Ohmygosh, one more day.

So who considered having a friend bury them in snow until the day Days would come out just to avoid the harsh wait??
THIS GUY!

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
358/2 Days Day is an awesomeawesomeawesome holiday D: WHO WANTS SEA-SALT ICE CREAMMM :D (i just made some. sorta. ...sortaaa.)

...does anyone else imagine xigbar quoting from cheese from foster's home for imaginary friends? .-. i didn't realize how crazy ziggy was until i wrote this. :B Anywho, HAPPY ONE DAY UNTIL 358/2 DAYS COMES OUT :D Have an article!

2w3p09h.png
What We Know So Far:
The Freeshooter, manipulator of space and gravity... and he's got an eyepatch! Xigbar is number two of Organization XIII and was one of Ansem the Wise's apprentices (where his name was Braig), making his first appearance as Xigbar in Kingdom Hearts 2. He first appeared to Sora in Hollow Bastion, being the member who separated himself from the cloak-wearing brigade to talk to Sora, Donald, and Goofy on his own... That conversation only left the trio with too many questions without any answers, so much that he seemed a bit crazy to everyone. Who was 'he'?

He made another appearance in the Land of Dragons, causing mischief by summoning the Dragon Heartless that becomes the boss battle in the second visit. He also managed to get Sora to believe he was Riku, after hearing that a strange black cloaked figure was running around. This time, however, there weren't any strange statements this time... until everybody made their way into the Castle that Never Was.

Xigbar made one last appearance in the World that Never Was, this time proving that he was still considered 'crazy'. He kept on calling Sora 'Roxas' (along with calling Sora a traitor) and claiming that Sora was nothing compared to 'them', specifically "You don't look like you're half the hero the others were." Cue one of the toughest boss battles in the game, complete with lasers and fighting against Xigbar's gravity attacks, and... we still had no answers. With Xigbar fading into nothing and leaving the remark "Wouldn't you like to know?", nobody had any answers right then and there.

Yet, we found out that the Freeshooter wasn't as crazy as he seemed: we learned Sora's connection to Roxas, and who 'the others' could be. Terra, Ven, and Aqua from Birth by Sleep perhaps? We won't know until that game is released, but we do know that Xigbar has certainly left his mark and, while he is pretty goofy, his statements are neither crazy nor silly.

"Rambling? As if."

His Role in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days:
Xigbar's role in 358/2 Days is, unfortunately, relatively minor from what we know. He appears in the Coliseum, teaming up with Roxas to complete missions there. Yet, plot-wise, he doesn't really seem to have a big part.

For multiplayer, however, Xigbar's attack style sounds like an interesting one. Running around with two guns, being able to teleport here, there, and wherever on the battle field, and being able to hang upside down while shooting at unsuspecting Heartless sounds like a lot of fun. Will we get to fight as Xigbar with the same attacks he uses in his boss fight? We'll find out when the game is released!

What the Fans Think:
He talks like a surfer (in English, at least!), he's got an eyepatch, he can hang from the ceiling and the walls, he says the strangest things, and part of his boss fight became censored/editted in the North American version! What's not to love about Xigbar?

Unfortunately, he falls into the categories somewhere with Xaldin, Vexen, Lexaeus, and Luxord: he's not specifically popular (like Zexion, Axel, Demyx, Roxas, and others), but he's not one of the least popular characters in the series either. That being said, he's not really a hated character: the dialogue from KH2, as cryptic as it may have been, has become part of theories and discussion on Kingdom Hearts in general and the PSP game, Birth by Sleep! He's goofy (what other Organization XIII member would say 'pickle'? :D), but his words surely shouldn't be taken lightly.

What do fans themselves have to say about this Nobody? What he says is important, but does anyone think Xigbar is awesome for just being Xigbar? Let's see what Antiquity on the forums has to say about the Freeshooter:

Xigbar's the laid-back Freeshooter of the Organization. Humorous, sarcastic, and takes his duty lightly, that's what I like about him. He fits slightly better in the comic relief category with Demyx than in the serious one with the rest of the Organization. The way he messes with Sora's head and telling him to be a "good boy" makes him a likable character.

Even though he's not touched on much, he's still got his secretiveness. He says things without going much into them. To me, that makes him just as mysterious as Xemnas is. I hope to hear more of what he has to say and what he's keeping to himself in Days. After that little "You don't look like you're half the hero the others were" snippet, I'm not letting another one of his lines go without a second thought!

Finally, I'm looking forward to playing as him in Mission Mode for Days, no cuts on the gun combination this time! I've always been intrigued by his fighting style of running free while shooting gun arrows like it's a show. I'm reading myself for a good time shooting 'em up.

Xigbar has definitely become one of my favorite characters.

In Conclusion:
Our countdown is almost finished, and Days will be released in North America tomorrow and on October 9th in Europe, where you can play as Xigbar or any of your favourite members when the game is released!

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
HAPPY XIGBAR DAY
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Pardon my stupidity and confusion, but (plz dont hurt me i cant do math)..
HAPPY ONE DAY UNTIL 358/2 DAYS COMES OUT :D Have an article!
If it's one day until the release date, then shouldn't it be Xemnas day? (because if you want to do Xemnas day on the day of the release, wouldn't it be better to like, do the entire Organization or something on that day? It just feels weird putting Xemnas on that day)

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Yeah, Xemnas should have been today, not Xigbar, but oh well.

Just get Xemnas up as soon as 12 hits.

Unumus

Awards
Xemnas was an Evil, Crazy guy, He's Every one's favorites ■ can you quote that? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back