• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth by Sleep, um...Mouth-ing?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJF16

Okay, I don't really know how to put this so it doesn't sound weird, but, in Birth by Sleep, will the mouth-ing of the words be synched to English, so that it looks like they're saying the words that they actually are, instead of having English audio and Japanese video?

Does that make sense?

I'm just wondering if they're going to do that. I know that they didn't do it with Re:COM, and it looked kind of awkward, but if it means getting BbS here sooner, then I don't give a crap how awkward it looks!

Thoughts? Clarifications?

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I don't recall it being very bad in Re:CoM.

But I doubt a game as major as BBS wouldn't get synched.

Athaydea

Bronze Member
i dont see why they wouldnt be mouthing english words? ..BBS isnt like the remake or re:com ..im sure they wouldnt do something like that simply for the sake of time

Allister Rose

French Lover
most likely not, not all of there mouths move in sync, sometimes not even the Japanese, there mouth opens and closes in some of the scenes and in some other ones they actually move

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Re: CoM was (from what I gathered) a sort of spur of the moment thing. But BBS looks to be on the same level as, say, KHII. I really hope they go the extra mile and make the mouths a little better.

From what we've seen in the Days trailer, they haven't bothered. So, who knows?

Awards
It's up in the air. Re:CoM lacked English lip syncing. Judging by the English Days trailer, Days lacks it as well.

No way to tell at the moment.
A shame that KH1 and KH2 were praised for their incredible lip syncing... and then the English developers just completely dropped the ball.

Aria

braver by the minute
It might be, if it's really major then they might. I don't really care that much, as long as the VA is good.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I don't really care. Nothing is perfect, and Re:COM wasn't really that bad anyways. I just want to play the game!

idk, there mouths actually moved and it looked really weird everytime larxene talked....as for everyone else...it wasant so bad with sync, but still pretty bad

Allister Rose

French Lover
i also think they will...since we already see some mouthing in the trailers.....just hope they english can make it work

A

Azrael

i also think they will...since we already see some mouthing in the trailers.....just hope they english can make it work

English does work as it did in I and II.

SE just needs to get off their lazy asses and work.

Allister Rose

French Lover
they NAILED Kefka's voice actor!
if only KH could find a decent Aerith VA.... TT~TT

yes they did. i was surprised how good it was. i was also surprised with cecil, bartz and onion knight. all too good. hopefully disney doesnt mess this up like in days and re:COM

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
It's not the actor's fault at all if the mouth-movements are off. Sometimes it's impossible to have an English phrase even remotely mesh up with Japanese mouth-movements. Kingdom Hearts generally has some of the best voice-acting in videogames.

Why do people constantly blame anything bad in KH on Disney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back