• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why do people keep saying Saix is second in command?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

fantasy08

I'm not doubting that he is, I mean he does seem to have this obey me of else vibe to him,but I have never seen an official piece saying that. Just fans. Did Nomura say it or was it in one of those guide books they release after each game?

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
He is the guy who gives out the missions so maybe that is why he is seen as a higher nobody. He gets to boss them around.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
They are not necessarily ranked by the number given by when they join. Ex/ Xigbar is 2nd, but he is to retrieve new members or something along those lines. Marluxia was in charge of CO, but there could be other reasons for that. *shrugs* Not sure if Nomura said anything about it, but that's the way they seem to work. Not to mention Saix seems to show some loyalty to Xemnas.

Last edited:

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
They are not necessarily ranked by when they join. Ex/ Xigbar is 2nd, but he is to retrieve new members.

Exactly. In Chain of Memories Vexen is arguing with some other member, forgot who, and he joined before Vexen and yet Vexen was being ordered around by him. Joining number usually means little.

fantasy08

I'm not arguing that point at all. Saix does seem to be the most loyal to Xenmas. What I asked is where is the official view of him being second in command.

Official being Nomura, Ultimania etc.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
I'm pretty sure that the only thing near to being official is the evidence within the games of Saïx being more important than even Xigbar.

yeh, that's probably it. . .

by the way,, he & Xemnas are the only members who have yellow eyes, right.??

Muse

you look atrocious
Xemnas, Saix, and Xigbar all appear to have yellow eyes.

Have to say that I agree with LiLo there. :p Despite Xigbar's rank being number II, Saix was shown to be far more important than him, which is most likely where the idea of him being second in command originated.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
The official ranking system is the chairs they sit on. The higher the chair, the higher their rank, that's how it works. If I remember correctly, Saix and Xaldin's chairs are higher then everyone elses, except Xemnas of course.

Muse

you look atrocious
Actually, I heard that one's chair rises or falls depending on the success of his missions.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
The official ranking system is the chairs they sit on. The higher the chair, the higher their rank, that's how it works. If I remember correctly, Saix and Xaldin's chairs are higher then everyone elses, except Xemnas of course.

Not neccessarily. The chairs are all adjustable according to Nomura, the only reason they did not go higher than Xemnas was because they would feel bad for doing so.

Actually, I heard that one's chair rises or falls depending on the success of his missions.

This too.

Attemisc

As stated, the number of an Organization member does not reflect their rank but rather the order in which they joined the Organization (or possibly for the original 6, the order in which they were created).

It is the height of their chairs that reflects their ranking. Xemnas' chair is obviously the highest while Saix's and Marluxia's seem to be tied, but I will go against my love for the Graceful Assassin and say that Saix's is slightly higher, making him 2nd in command. This is based off of the following:
- in 358/2 Days, Saix is the one who gives out missions to the other members, meaning he takes direct orders from Xemnas and then hands these orders out to the rest of the Organization.
- when Castle Oblivion is found, Marluxia is sent out to oversee the research while Saix is kept close at hand. To send your second-in-command further away is unwise and often leads to downfall.
And then there's everything everyone has seen from KH2.

HOWEVER, all of this evidence could work in the opposite way to prove Saix was only 3rd until Marluxia's betrayal and eventual death. For example, I don't see giving out missions as such a prestigious job for 2nd-in-command while Marluxia gets to lounge about the place, even when he takes Roxas out to fight. And then it could also be thought that the 2nd-in-command SHOULD be the one to oversee the 2nd base of the Organization. Who else?
It all depends on how you see it.

Either way, Saix was definitely 2nd in command AT LEAST during KH2.

(he must have done Xemnas some personal favors, in my opinion wink wink nudge nudge say no more)

EDIT:
Also, the chairs' height only changes in the game aspect, not the story aspect. For example, in KH2 you can run around doing nothing as long as you want before the final boss, but that won't be reflected in the storyline. You could fail at every mission as Saix, but in every cutscene he's in sitting on his chair, the height will always be higher than the others.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Not neccessarily. The chairs are all adjustable according to Nomura, the only reason they did not go higher than Xemnas was because they would feel bad for doing so.

That's only for multiplayer in Days to show how good a person did during the mission. Multiplayer Missions =/= Canon

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
That's only for multiplayer in Days to show how good a person did during the mission. Multiplayer Missions =/= Canon

Actually, no, it's not just for Days, he said that before the game was even announced.

Silent hero_

Awards
According to the final mix scenes, Xaldin's chair is second highest and Xigbar's chair is third.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
There's nothing officially saying it, no. But it's pretty darn obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back