• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

They should have added a Sephiroth fight

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultima_Weapon

The most fun out of KH1 and KH2 was getting prepared to fight Sephiroth. They could have easily added a Sephiroth battle. They could have made a secret room inside Castle Oblivion. Since Sora has fought Sephiroth in the past, the challenge could have been formed from his memories.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Good lords, Heavens, no.
It would've served no purpose whatsoever in the truest sense of the word. Besides, CoM isn't a game built to allow side quests and too much exploration, so no, they wouldn't have had anywhere to shove it into.
That aside, Sephiroth outlive his usefulness in KH1. KH2 murdered it and was all but redundant as far as KH value to; far too much FF sub plot insertion into the game.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
The fight in KH was non-canon, so they couldn't have formed it from his memories. The fact that he didn't recognise Sephiroth in KH2 supports this. Besides, it doesn't really matter anyway. I liked Chain of Memories as it was

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
That would be a bad idea actually, because Seph is getting old now and should just stop going into the story.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I actually have an idea of how a side quest could work in CoM: each world has a secret boss room. In order to get the cards that open those doors you have fullfill the requirements needed with Rare Truffles (do X number of slights in such-&-such time limit) on each floor. A general line up of secret bosses could be.....

Transverse Town-Opposite Armor
Olympus-Cerberus
Halloween Town-Rock Titan
Wonderland-Stealth Sneak
Monstro-Kurt Zisa
Agrabah-Pot Centipede
Neverland-Phantom
Alantica-Ice Titan
Hallow Bastion-Behemoth
Twilight Town-Shadow Sora
Destiny Islands-Chernabog
Castle Oblivion-Sephiroth

The prizes for defeating them are their enemy cards.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, I think plot wise Marluxia would veto out any and all side bosses :\ it's not like they want Sora to die along the way.
By that logic, he would veto out all bosses. It's just a side quest to add to the game, no need to read that deep into it.

Genesis

Broken Down On Memory Lane
But CoM is not like KH1 and KH2, CoM follows pretty much a linear story line where you have little options. Its not as big as KH1/2 so adding sub plots / side bosses wouldnt be a fantastic thing to do IMO =/

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
By that logic, he would veto out all bosses. It's just a side quest to add to the game, no need to read that deep into it.

Yeah I'm the wrong person to tell not to read too deeply into it.
I'd agree on some boss fights like Oppositio Armor on Traverse Town, but I really don't see the point to a Sephiroth fight - seeing how that one was completely detached from the plot. It's not like Sora had to meet Sephiroth for them to properly play out his KH1 Memories, heck, you could play KH1 through without Sephiroth at all :\
As they did in the Original Japanese KH. Sephiroth was an American addition, which is what eventually gave birth to the FMs - the Japanese whined.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
No, not this time.

It's not like Sephiroth has any significance to the plot anyway. Sure he was optional in KH1, but since Sora didn't meet him there storyline wise, then he should have no record of being in Sora's memories. Can't just randomly put him in there for no reason (even though that is kinda what happened in KH1 anyway, but bleh). As if it isn't poo enough fighting with cards IMO, I could see how tough this guy could be.

Plus, I believe SE gave everybody a little break with fighting him; KH1-Seph fight, KH2-Seph fight, Re:CoM-Lets give them a break for now. I think even SE is seeing Seph as overused now.

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
no. not only would it be a waist if time, it would have no relevence to the plot, AND Com already has head-banging bosses like the last repliku.
also, because you can choose yout room, it would add problems w/ rooms like "moogle rooms".

if it WERE to be in the game, they'd have to make it like, a different version of a gold colored card to grant access into his room. EX: "Key to begginings"

A

Azrael

I actually have an idea of how a side quest could work in CoM: each world has a secret boss room. In order to get the cards that open those doors you have fullfill the requirements needed with Rare Truffles (do X number of slights in such-&-such time limit) on each floor. A general line up of secret bosses could be.....

Transverse Town-Opposite Armor
Olympus-Cerberus
Halloween Town-Rock Titan
Wonderland-Stealth Sneak
Monstro-Kurt Zisa
Agrabah-Pot Centipede
Neverland-Phantom
Alantica-Ice Titan
Hallow Bastion-Behemoth
Twilight Town-Shadow Sora
Destiny Islands-Chernabog
Castle Oblivion-Twilight Thorn

The prizes for defeating them are their enemy cards.

Why add in "secret boss battles" of creatures we already pawned in KH1? It's bad enough that almost every room plot was a rehash of KH1.

Now it's fixed.

A

Azrael

So I guess I really am the only one that enjoyed the new things the KH1 "plot" in CoM presented? XD

There was barely anything new to show beside the Organization and the whole SoNami love they had going on for like the second half of the game.

Especially Reverse/Rebirth: They could had at least presented the different worlds that Riku went through to capture the Princesses but noooo...

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
There was barely anything new to show beside the Organization and the whole SoNami love they had going on for like the second half of the game.

I disagree. I know, I know, 'reading too much into everything', pfooey. They did change things and while I admit it does take playing the game for a second+ time, it's amazing how much they managed to shove in there, be it Namine reaching out to Sora long before he properly 'remembered' her, or Sora showing signs of being affected by the events that took place in KH1. It's not just a rehash, and it goes deeper than them replacing "Stole the Queen of Hearts' Heart" with "Her Memories"

Especially Reverse/Rebirth: They could had at least presented the different worlds that Riku went through to capture the Princesses but noooo...

This I agree with you :\ but aside from the point of him having no one in his Heart - the captured Princesses included - you do have to ask yourself how the Floors were event crafted, and if you tell yourself that DiZ just reused the cards they made for Sora (because he couldn't really create new ones for Riku), while somewhat lame, plot wise it makes sense.

KH-Lover

Website
www.formspring.me
Ah!!! NO!!! Sorry, not that I didn't like Sephiroth in the past games or anything, but I seriously don't think that Sephiroth belongs in there. Especially since the rooms in the castle are formed from Sora's memories, and not everyone fought him in KH1 or 2 for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back