• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

358/2 Days Welcomes Riku into Playability.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

trip6996

sounds great its something i kinda thought of awhile ago but it wasnt as well thought out as your

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

well there will always be something above your thoughts that make them more possible

Metalmanmac1

Website
www.youtube.com
Alright, so I looked up into the size. And the DS Cartridge can hold up to 2 GB of space (which is 4 times the amount of a N64 Cartridge could hold).
Compare that to the 4.7 GB disc that KH2 was on and you could theoretically imagine 358/2 Days as half of KH2 (which was a loooong ass game).
So i don't think we need to worry about the size issue at this point

ACTUALLY...a REAL ds cartridge game can only hold up to 128 MB, a HOMEBREW DS cartridge Can hold up to 2GB-8GB depending on the homebrew card. So i think Size is a think to worry about...

A

Audo

ACTUALLY...a REAL ds cartridge game can only hold up to 128 MB, a HOMEBREW DS cartridge Can hold up to 2GB-8GB depending on the homebrew card. So i think Size is a think to worry about...
ACTUALLY, Nintendo makes and lets Developers use 2 GB DS Cartridges.
That's why Nomura makes a snide remark in an interview on how Nintendo is slowly increasing their ROM size (ROM=Cartridge).

Edit: Actually I made a mistake. I misread it as 2GB when it really says 2Gb. Which is about 256 MB. So, it isn't as big as I thought, but basically double of what you were thinking.

Joy

Bronze Member
Wouldn't that have the same affect if they were to announce it with the other three?

Well, i mean, it's kinda like spinning a top. everyone's like ooh, ahh, while you frist spin it, and then afterwards, it start slowing down, but then you spin it faster by adding something new.

horrible analogy, but you get my point.

A

Audo

Well, i mean, it's kinda like spinning a top. everyone's like ooh, ahh, while you frist spin it, and then afterwards, it start slowing down, but then you spin it faster by adding something new.

horrible analogy, but you get my point.
You always were one for your analogies.
But I get what you're saying, I just think the idea is off.
358/2 Days is the game that will go into detail on what Riku was doing, I'll guarantee that for you know. But the question is whether or not it will do that through Roxas' story, or if it will do it through a second scenario.

Metalmanmac1

Website
www.youtube.com
ACTUALLY, Nintendo makes and lets Developers use 2 GB DS Cartridges.
That's why Nomura makes a snide remark in an interview on how Nintendo is slowly increasing their ROM size (ROM=Cartridge).

Edit: Actually I made a mistake. I misread it as 2GB when it really says 2Gb. Which is about 256 MB. So, it isn't as big as I thought, but basically double of what you were thinking.

so...the roms sizes r getting bigger?...this is gana be a problem for hombrew audiences:bored:...i'm hoping its 128MB cuz then i can downlaod it....uuu i mean..eh watever...:unsure:

A

Audo

so...the roms sizes r getting bigger?...this is gana be a problem for hombrew audiences:bored:...i'm hoping its 128MB cuz then i can downlaod it....uuu i mean..eh watever...:unsure:
That doesn't sound like Homebrew, it sounds like Piracy >.>
And yes they are getting bigger, and yes S-E will be using the biggest size available to them.

Metalmanmac1

Website
www.youtube.com
That doesn't sound like Homebrew, it sounds like Piracy >.>
And yes they are getting bigger, and yes S-E will be using the biggest size available to them.

i REALLY HOPE they dont get bigger...well if it does get bigger the hoembrew card gotta get bigger too...

but SE has been using 128 MB fir every game so far...Even the world ends with you one of the newest games was 128MB, the size is showing no growth

P.S. wen u say piracy it makes it sound all bad...:toungesmile:

A

Audo

i REALLY HOPE they dont get bigger...well if it does get bigger the hoembrew card gotta get bigger too...

but SE has been using 128 MB fir every game so far...Even the world ends with you one of the newest games was 128MB, the size is showing no growth

P.S. wen u say piracy it makes it sound all bad...:toungesmile:
That's because it is.
Anyways, 358/2 Days is going to be on a 256 MB card, I can guarentee that. What with Nomura and co going size-crazy.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
OK there's some confusion here on what gb even is. DS cards are measured in bits not bytes. The actual maximum size of 1 is 2gb, which is an eighth of 2GB. Remember, bits are lowercase, bytes are uppercase.

Aside from that the theory sounds pretty flawless. We're probably making a bigger deal out of the space issue than it is.

A

Audo

OK there's some confusion here on what gb even is. DS cards are measured in bits not bytes. The actual maximum size of 1 is 2gb, which is an eighth of 2GB. Remember, bits are lowercase, bytes are uppercase.

Aside from that the theory sounds pretty flawless. We're probably making a bigger deal out of the space issue than it is.
Yes i know the difference, it's just when I saw it, i mistook it as GB instead of Gb.
But I agree with you, I think everyone is making too much of an issue out of the space, we don't know how they are going to do it or how much all of these actually take up in terms of space. So, for the moment, I don't think that is a well enough argument, for either side.

Joy

Bronze Member
You always were one for your analogies.
But I get what you're saying, I just think the idea is off.
358/2 Days is the game that will go into detail on what Riku was doing, I'll guarantee that for you know. But the question is whether or not it will do that through Roxas' story, or if it will do it through a second scenario.

It wouldn't really make sense to have it through Roxas's story, unless they pull a metal gear solid, make it really subtle throughout the game, and at the end be like 'HAHA IT WAS ALL RIKU"

A

Audo

It wouldn't really make sense to have it through Roxas's story, unless they pull a metal gear solid, make it really subtle throughout the game, and at the end be like 'HAHA IT WAS ALL RIKU"
Personally, it only makes sense to have it through 358/2 Days, seeing as how it is in the same timeline and all...

Joy

Bronze Member
Personally, it only makes sense to have it through 358/2 Days, seeing as how it is in the same timeline and all...

I agree, what I meant was, they might pull an MGS on us and make Roxas's story tell of Riku's story as well, only very subtly, so we never have a clear cut scene, or plot point, about riku until the end of the game. Meaning, we dont' play as him either.

A

Audo

I agree, what I meant was, they might pull an MGS on us and make Roxas's story tell of Riku's story as well, only very subtly, so we never have a clear cut scene, or plot point, about riku until the end of the game. Meaning, we dont' play as him either.
I never played MGS so when you mentioned it earlier I had no idea what you meant. lol.
I agree though. It is either Riku is playable, or his story is told during Roxas' in some way.

Joy

Bronze Member
Oh, well, in MGS, they usually hint throughout the game what the real agenda of antagonists are, but don't reveal it until the last 20 minutes of the game.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
Was this actually confirmed? If so, it would actually work becuase the Riku vs Roxas thing. Then again, is DiZ in 358/2 Days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back