• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

358/2 Days Welcomes Riku into Playability.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

jarm7

this argument is starting to get boring .................................... yes it could have 3 modes but i just dout it would be riku's

A

Audo

this argument is starting to get boring .................................... yes it could have 3 modes but i just dout it would be riku's
It's only boring because you're wrong.
Why would you doubt it being Riku's?
Did you even read the topic post?

It's either in this or in coded. We know coded will feature some of Riku's time based on some of the scans.
From what I've seen from the Coded scans, it's only focusing on Riku's time during KH1.
And since Nomura has specifically put interest in Riku's story during the 358 days, I don't see it being Coded. =/
Coded seems to focus only on KH1 at this point.

A

Audo

I think this would be the perfect chance to sneak in Riku's story. Everyone's in a hype about how it connects to the future (or the far past), no one's expecting it XD;
xD. Yes. It's DIABOLICAL!

And it reminds me of what you and I were discussing, SufferingAngel.
Nomura seems to be trying to patch up Riku's story. Coded is focusing on the holes in KH1. BBS talks about how/why Riku is a chosen keyblader. The only thing left is that mysterious 358 days of Riku's.... Do you guys see where i'm going with this? It would only make sense for him to put it in 358!

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
I didn't mean to say that Riku's scenario would be a copy of Roxas'. I meant it more like the Multiplayer is just reusing the single player so it doesnt take up as much space as you'd think.

Yes, but it still takes. In story mode, Xigbar, Saix and Axel will be the 'main' characters who will help Roxas. Making the others is not of really use, except for online mode, and it takes place.

Perhaps they were already making Riku's story at that time? And the size issue referred to how there were double the cutscenes, hypothetically, and thats why it was an issue due to size? I'm not saying they're just randomally deciding to put in Riku's story, I'm talking as if they have planned it and have worked on it from the start knowing exactly how it would pan out.

It's possible, but I rather think the size issue come from a lot side mission they put in, in the same way Crisis Core has 300 side missions.

But I don't say what you say is impossible, we merely have divergent viewpoint.

So far, the story is just fanservice. Let's just admit that.
Riku's story takes place during the same time frame, it would be utterly stupid for them not to use it. And if they weren't going to, and they were going to make another game just for Riku, why not announce it? Why not work on it along with Coded, BBS, and 358? Nomura said he was thinking on how to tell those 4 stories, and given that he has only announced three games, and plans to work on KH3 next, it implies that Riku's story will be answered in one of the games.

You never play as Genesis in CC or as Seymour in FFX. Do we know their story? yes, we do. There's many way for we know his story without he be playable. I know Nomura said he'd like he be, but it wouldn't be the first nor the last time he changes his statement.

I'm not saying it wouldn't. But really, Multiplayer is just using everything from single player. =/

It's true, though some members are done only for it (I doubt Vexen will fight to Roxas's side, he won't be there enough time in Story mode for sample)

But like you said, DiZ is studying Nobodies. He, Riku, and Mickey are trying to figure out what they're up against. So it still fits.

True, but the game is sensed to honor the nobody, in a way. It's their story. Not the one of those studying them...

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
An impostor indeed! ATTACK! =3

Either that, or Vexen's gone and made a Replica of me! o_O

Kairi doesn't seem to care about anyone other than Sora, the little booger.

Kairi cares about Riku. She was excited to see him after he saved her from Saix, and she wouldn't let him leave when he tried to walk out on her reunion with Sora.

CO's time in the 358 timeline = a couple days at best. I mean... do you REALLY think Sora was in that Castle for months? No, it was like a day. Otherwise the Org members would have been REAAALLY bored waiting for Sora =/

Actually, yes, it was a few months. This is from "Somewhere in Time":

It had been a few months since Axel had been called to a place called Castle Oblivion on a mission. A handful of other members of the Organization, headed by Marluxia, had also gone there. In that castle’s network of white rooms, the Organization had conducted research. Roxas had no idea what had been researched, nor was he supposed to. Did Axel’s return mean something had happened at Castle Oblivion?

I know, it does seem like a weird timeline, but still. That's what it says.

Smart! That's true. And we've seen a screenshot of Mickey talking to Axel in TWTNW. Perhaps a scene from Riku's Scenario!?

I thought he was talking about Axel. Not that I wouldn't love to see a confrontation between those two.

CoM had three.

Sora's story, Riku's story...what was the third one?

xD. Yes. It's DIABOLICAL!

Dun dun DUN!

Nomura seems to be trying to patch up Riku's story. Coded is focusing on the holes in KH1. BBS talks about how/why Riku is a chosen keyblader. The only thing left is that mysterious 358 days of Riku's.... Do you guys see where i'm going with this? It would only make sense for him to put it in 358!

Another good point. Could this all be leading up to a very important role for Riku in KH3?

A

Audo

Yes, but it still takes. In story mode, Xigbar, Saix and Axel will be the 'main' characters who will help Roxas. Making the others is not of really use, except for online mode, and it takes place.
I believe you're allowed to choose which members join you on the fight. I think Saix, Xigbar and Axel are just the temps. and Online mode isn't confirmed, but i'm assuming you just mean Multi.

It's possible, but I rather think the size issue come from a lot side mission they put in, in the same way Crisis Core has 300 side missions.
Who's to say Roxas' story has side missions at all? Nomura basically described it as "Get brieing, go on mission, have ice cream with Axel".

You never play as Genesis in CC or as Seymour in FFX. Do we know their story? yes, we do. There's many way for we know his story without he be playable. I know Nomura said he'd like he be, but it wouldn't be the first nor the last time he changes his statement.
Yeah but it simply wouldn't make sense not to use the opportunity, and you have to admit to that being true.

True, but the game is sensed to honor the nobody, in a way. It's their story. Not the one of those studying them...
Where has it ever been said that the game is only about the Nobody?

Kairi cares about Riku. She was excited to see him after he saved her from Saix, and she wouldn't let him leave when he tried to walk out on her reunion with Sora.
Yeah, she only likes him when he saves her.

Actually, yes, it was a few months. This is from "Somewhere in Time":
It can't possibly, otherwise that throws A LOT of things out of wack.
Besides, Nomura has already said that Axel took Roxas out for ice cream on his first day in the Org which would be at the same time that he was supposedly in CO, so I guess he can do a ditch and dash all over the place. "Somewhere in Time"? Is that the short story thing?

I thought he was talking about Axel. Not that I wouldn't love to see a confrontation between those two.
No, there's an actual screenshot with Mickey on one side, and Axel looking the other way on the other, and Memory's Skyscraper between them.

Sora's story, Riku's story...what was the third one?
Multiplayer. They said 2 modes (Roxas and Multi) so i said Com had three then.

Another good point. Could this all be leading up to a very important role for Riku in KH3?
I should hope so!

EDIT:
Oh nevermind. I was mistaken. I thought it was a scene between Mickey and Axel but it seems to be a scene between Mickey and a member with it's hood up (which to me implies Riku...) Could this be even more confirmation of a Riku scenario?
Kingdom Hearts Ultimania - Image Viewer

Last edited:

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
I believe you're allowed to choose which members join you on the fight. I think Saix, Xigbar and Axel are just the temps. and Online mode isn't confirmed, but i'm assuming you just mean Multi.

Yes, I meant multi. Also, what I meant is that I highly doubt that Marluxia, Larxene or Lexaeus are going to be playable in story mode. They'll be multi mode only most likely.

Who's to say Roxas' story has side missions at all? Nomura basically described it as "Get brieing, go on mission, have ice cream with Axel".

Yes, but it seems to follow Crisis Core on this point. If you look at what the game is, side mission like

"Heartless have been sighted around Wonderland, go hunt them!"

etc etc are very likely.

Yeah but it simply wouldn't make sense not to use the opportunity, and you have to admit to that being true.

Yes, but what is the best from a commercial view point? Adding a Riku mode here or making a game based on Riku?

Where has it ever been said that the game is only about the Nobody?

Well, when the game has been announced...? It's what I remember though. That the game is about Roxas and the Organization...

A

Audo

Yes, I meant multi. Also, what I meant is that I highly doubt that Marluxia, Larxene or Lexaeus are going to be playable in story mode. They'll be multi mode only most likely.
True.

Yes, but it seems to follow Crisis Core on this point. If you look at what the game is, side mission like

"Heartless have been sighted around Wonderland, go hunt them!"

etc etc are very likely.
Those aren't side missions... those are the missions, lol.

Yes, but what is the best from a commercial view point? Adding a Riku mode here or making a game based on Riku?
Adding a Riku mode? It would cut down on developement costs, etc. And, like i said, if they were going to make a Riku game, why not develop it at the same time as the other three? It doesn't make sense.

Well, when the game has been announced...? It's what I remember though. That the game is about Roxas and the Organization...
I would say it's more about those 358 Days...
I don't know, its never stated "This game is only about Roxas and is only about the Organization".

Riku Fan1415

When you put it that way, it seems kinda obvious that Riku will be playable.

The most complex things usually turn out to be something so obvious, that's why we didn't think of them before, however, I would suspect that this isn't the case. I'm sure Nomura would have examined all possibilities of the riddle "358/2 Days" being solved before a player's completion of the game, and eradicating them, making it a mystery. Nomura=KH genius.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The most complex things usually turn out to be something so obvious, that's why we didn't think of them before, however, I would suspect that this isn't the case. I'm sure Nomura would have examined all possibilities of the riddle "358/2 Days" being solved before a player's completion of the game, and eradicating them, making it a mystery. Nomura=KH genius.

Doubtful. Nomura's charm is in the smaller twists, imo. And this isn't like in BBS where he doesn't confirm Aqua being playable for a scenario we know we'll play through - he's not talking about a scenario at all.

Riku Fan1415

I'm just saying that Nomura himself stated that players will understand the game's title after completing the game. He was most likely 99-100% sure no one would figure it out beforehand.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm just saying that Nomura himself stated that players will understand the game's title after completing the game. He was most likely 99-100% sure no one would figure it out beforehand.

Well, once you complete Roxas's game you - theoretically - get Riku's game and play through the rest of the 358 games.
It's not that likely to assume a scenario where one isn't said to exist, you know.
And just because someone posted this on a forum doesn't mean the entirety of the KH fans world-wide are now onto it.

A

Audo

You're giving Nomura way too much credit. And I get it, I love the man too, but he isn't a genius. And he didn't say "Oh NO ONE will get it until beating the game" he said "you'll understand it after beating it" and he was most likely referring to normal KH fans who dont theorize and what not.
I mean, I'm sure he thought know one would have seen the Ansem from KH1 isn't real Ansem thing, but the fact is a couple people did.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
Those aren't side missions... those are the missions, lol.

Indeed, but what I mean is like, well like the Crisis Core system. If you played it, it's easier to see what I mean. In game Zack has to do missions, but there's 'side quest mission', 300 of them, relating to the obligatory mission but which have no impact on the main story.

Like, main story : "Go clean TT of its heartless"

Then, side mission

"A weird heartless has been sighted in the sector 2. Go see and destroy it."
"Interesting item have appeared in TT but heartless took them. Kill the heartless and takes the items."

It's what I mean by side mission. In game, you've to go like 2-3 time do a mission in a world, but in side mission you can go like 10-30 time do mission in that world.

Adding a Riku mode? It would cut down on developement costs, etc. And, like i said, if they were going to make a Riku game, why not develop it at the same time as the other three? It doesn't make sense.

Well, let's say they do KH3 for either Wii or PS3. If they do a game focuzing on Riku for the console which has not KH3... From my point of view, it's better for them since Nomura seems to want put a KH on every console.

I would say it's more about those 358 Days...
I don't know, its never stated "This game is only about Roxas and is only about the Organization".

Indeed, but so far we had information concerning only Roxas and the Organization, and the fact Mickey appear in.

A

Audo

Indeed, but what I mean is like, well like the Crisis Core system. If you played it, it's easier to see what I mean. In game Zack has to do missions, but there's 'side quest mission', 300 of them, relating to the obligatory mission but which have no impact on the main story.

Like, main story : "Go clean TT of its heartless"

Then, side mission

"A weird heartless has been sighted in the sector 2. Go see and destroy it."
"Interesting item have appeared in TT but heartless took them. Kill the heartless and takes the items."

It's what I mean by side mission. In game, you've to go like 2-3 time do a mission in a world, but in side mission you can go like 10-30 time do mission in that world.
Ah. Never played Crisis Core. I hate Final Fantasy.

Well, let's say they do KH3 for either Wii or PS3. If they do a game focuzing on Riku for the console which has not KH3... From my point of view, it's better for them since Nomura seems to want put a KH on every console.
There's definitely not enough story there for Riku to get his own game on a console. =/

Indeed, but so far we had information concerning only Roxas and the Organization, and the fact Mickey appear in.
Right.
And we have little information on Aqua too...
Seems like Nomura likes to keep things secret, no?

AndyCloseEyes

Enjoying the fact that I'm better
With the new placement of the '/2' it no longer simply means 179 Days. It means 358 Days over 2.

I think you can understand where i'm going with this.

358 Days over two stories!

Yes, that's right. One story is Roxas' and the other is Riku.

Well done. This is exactly what I thought.

Joy

Bronze Member
This does make a lot of sense, as 358 is the only game one could explain such things.

Unless they made a totally new game for Riku, which i wouldn't necessarily doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back