• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► My Bro Is Gay

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Azanulbizare

Okay about six months ago i eavesdropped late at night on my brother's phone convo and he was talkin to his boyfriend... So i asked him about it the next day and he told me everything... Im best friends with him, so it shocked me and at first i didnt handle it well.... My parents found out two nights ago and like my mom is all depressed and my dad cries a lot and he never does that... I accept him but i just cant tell anyone from home because where i live people hate gays... its sad, really sad how they are so hateful... I still love him so much and i know that as soon as people find out its gonna be a living hell for me at school and for my parents at work because they work in our small town... i just dont wanna lose my friends but if i have to choose between my brother and my friends, its gonna be my brother! bloods thicker than water and i just cant cut him out of my life because hes that way! I would really appreciate yalls thoughts
- Peace

This just in, your brother is still a human being. If your friends can't accept that, then I'd slap you for making friends with such a host of inbred morons.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
This sucks. A lot of people in this thread suck. Just... REALLY bad.

Why did this have to become this huge "GOD HATES HOMOSEXUALS Y/N" discussion? If you want to talk about THAT, go post it in Intel and pretend you're intelligent, or post it in Religious if you want to pretend to be a good Christian.

This kid just wants to accept his brother. No one's asking you to talk about why you hate homosexuals. No one wants to know about YOUR theories about homosexuality's origins. NO ONE wants to know.

When aquaVen asked for people's thoughts, I'm sure his idea of help and support wasn't, "Your brother is a sinner who's going to hell, and God hates him, don't be like him."

Some REAL good examples of Good Christians in this thread. Really nice, guys.

Silent Killer

this honestly irrates me - :cursing:
if God made his children then of course God put thoughts into their head and if God didnt want homosexuals than he wouldnt have done that.

Support your brother completely- dont be an intollerate a**hole - just accept them for who they are.
he is your brother why should it matter who he chooses to love?

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
my brother and my friends, its gonna be my brother! bloods thicker than water and i just cant cut him out of my life because hes that way!
- Peace

I bolded everything that's important.

Here I'll give a very blunt description of the order of importance:

1. Air
2. Your Brother
3. That kindney you're going to donate to your brother
4. That $100 you found on the sidewalk the other day
5. Your friends.

Friends are a dime a dozen. You can always make more. Your brother is an important bond you don't want to sever. So he's gay. Hitler was a Nazi. My point? What difference does it make?

TheLonePickle said:
Blah blah blah, generic TLP response. Something PMF didn't bother to read

I thought you were gone.

Angel Jenna

I can understand everyone's point of view. People have diffrent beliefs, and its not right to criticise someone for not believing homosexuality thats just their beliefs or religion, but at the same time, its also not fair to judge someone on their sexual orientation. I cant see why we all cant just look at each other as human beings, instead of white or black, or gay or straight. I think thats what God cares about more than anything, our love and respect for each other.

Darkness of White

Wow it's been a long time
Website
lighthearts.proboards104.com
people should really learn how to grow up, its not that uncommon for someone to be homo/bisexual anymore, most of my friends are and it doesnt bother any of us. if someone is upset that someone else is that way, then that is their problem, the only reason that it would upset me if i found out that one of my guy friends was gay was if i liked him, otherwise it wouldnt bother me. your parents need to learn how to be supportive of him and his choices.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
the homosexual lifestyle is bad and your brother should feel bad

E

Eternal Oblivion

If ur parents really do love him then they should support ur brother. i mean so wat if hes gay, its not like he murdered or anything. in my opinion stick with ur brother until people start to get used to the fact

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Aye. Why do you religious tight asses have to convert everyone in the damn world? If the guy wants to be gay, let him be gay! It isn't hurting anyone. If you can't accept it, then leave your opinions out of it. I really don't want you guys to spoil a perfectly good conversation.Support your brother through everything. But currently it is probably not wise to tell the whole town. Some people can rear their ugly heads over these things. For your family's safety at least. If you can, try to help your parents accept him. They can't just hate your brother after all the years of raising him. I don't believe that a parent can just drop their kid over this.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Mysterious, you and Dogenzaka are my new best friends...well, I already knew Dog, but now you too! ^^You, too Silh! ;)

All you people telling him to be supportive are merely repeating what you've seen others post in this thread. The fact of the matter is that it is NOT normal for someone to be gay, and it is a shame that the U.S. is letting them marry. People say to learn from history; well God has destroyed cities in the past for homosexuality, and unless America gets wise, I'm afraid we'll all be next. I'm not saying that men sleeping w/ men and women w/ women is the only thing we are guilty of, but it's definitely not helping matters. God is being taken out of everything in this country that was built on Christianity; it's almost a capital crime to use His name somewhere like school.

To get back on the actual subject, though, do whatever you feel is right. Love your brother, as he is your brother, and as God said, "You are your brother's keeper." However, just because he is your brother doesn't mean you should accept his sins as well.

Now, I am done. Arguing with a fool, makes me a fool, too. (Not directed at aquaVen)

Last edited:

Mysterious

KA ME HA ME HA!
Mysterious, you and Dogenzaka are my new best friends...well, I already knew Dog, but now you too! ^^You, too Silh! ;)
lol thanks

To get back on the actual subject, though, do whatever you feel is right. Love your brother, as he is your brother, and as God said, "You are your brother's keeper." However, just because he is your brother doesn't mean you should accept his sins as well
this is absolutely the right thing to do

Now, I am done. Arguing with a fool, makes me a fool, too. (Not directed at aquaVen)
this is the reason i stopped posting here my friend

T

Tyler Durden

All you people telling him to be supportive are merely repeating what you've seen others post in this thread. The fact of the matter is that it is NOT normal for someone to be gay, and it is a shame that the U.S. is letting them marry. People say to learn from history; well God has destroyed cities in the past for homosexuality, and unless America gets wise, I'm afraid we'll all be next. I'm not saying that men sleeping w/ men and women w/ women is the only thing we are guilty of, but it's definitely not helping matters. God is being taken out of everything in this country that was built on Christianity; it's almost a capital crime to use His name somewhere like school.

To get back on the actual subject, though, do whatever you feel is right. Love your brother, as he is your brother, and as God said, "You are your brother's keeper." However, just because he is your brother doesn't mean you should accept his sins as well.

Did god destroy the greeks or the romans? No, and both had cases of homosexuality and pedophilia running rampantly. Get the hell out of this thread, because you cannot 'cure' homosexuality; even if you could, why would you? The fact that someone is gay isn't an affront to you, so back the hell off.

And I do believe that you were a fool before you started arguing.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice

Go learn what "seperation of church and state" means. If you don't want to, then here's a generic definition:

The church cannot act as the government and vice versa. It also means, to some extent, that government decisions can't be backed by "ZOMG we're all gonna burn if X action isn't banned by law", which was the only argument against homosexuality. I am a practicing Catholic, and while I do not support homosexualtiy, I don't condemn it either. After all, "judge lest ye be judged". It's a lifestyle choice that people should be free to make. If your brother likes ****, that doesn't make him any less of a person, much less one of God's children that He loves.

Oh yeah, BTW, let's see how supportive you are of homosexuality when the Earth is past full capacity and teenage women are still getting pregnant.

frisson

Silver Member
this is the reason i stopped posting here my friend
nah i is pretty sure is cos you got pwnd

XIII Heartless said:

I'm sorry, but your God is dying, and it's people like you who turn others away from him.

I'll give it about another century until all its members are replaced by positivists and atheists.

Rix

:)
Awards
I feel sorry for you to have it that way:( But support your brother no matter what! He needs all the support he can get now.

aquaVen

You know what , Mysterious, did i ask for a negative comment? No i sure as hell didnt, i asked for support and people like you should just keep opinions to yourself...

Now to everyone else...
Thanks for the support and advice and today he came home and it was really good,

Detronilizer

Alright, let me settle this "God hates gays" thing once and for all. God loves everyone, that's the pure and simple truth. But like all pure and simple truths, people never rarely consider them pure and none ever express them simply.

You see, God created man and woman. This is so they can create more men and women. That's life. Homosexuality is SOCIALLY normal, MENTALLY it is not. Yes, I say mentally because to date there are no replicated scientific studies supporting any specific biological etiology for homosexuality. Homosexuality is a "man-made" thing. It depends on your environment (as I'm sure many people have already stated here).

So God loves everyone, including gays. The only thing that matters is if you actually do something to someone of the same sex; that is not right and therefore looked down upon by God. And from this, "hatred for gays" evolved, just like how, for example, inapproppriate religious humor have evolved to this day. People have misunderstood God, some just don't believe in God, so from all of that, a lot of fallacies and false beliefs were born about gays.

So everyone, just stop. If you're gay, just try to ignore the urges, and try to "change your ways" if you can. God still loves you, so just do what he wishes for you to do, and you're fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back