• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I need help in my religion. God, or no God.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
This is the wrong topic for that SRK. This guy is asking a question. Don't ask that here, it's Off-Topic, ask that elsewhere. If you don't have anything to say regarding the topic then don't post here.

Because you'll only cause a debate for a guy that just wants help.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Let's play Socrates here.

Akai, exactly why do you believe?

Skinwalker

Website
en.wikipedia.org
If the Christian God is as loving and good as he's made out to be, he wouldn't condemn you for not believing or having another religion. Hardly anyone, maybe noone, TRULY believes in God. Most respectable religions basically teach that you should be a good person, be good to yourself and others, so if you do then surely it wouldn't matter where your faith lies.

Isn't demanding worship selfish?

Akai

Oh.
Sorry I didn't get to post, was at school. I want to thank all your posts, I think each post is getting at the point where I need to sit down and think about what I believe. Which is exactly what I'll do.

Thanks for the input.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Objectively, mind. Make sure you see everything from a neutral point of view, regardless of how you feel. Also, ask yourself if you want comfort of truth. Realize that, whatever the truth is, you might not like it.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Not necessarily. He may find out all of the laws in the Bible are in effect, which means a drastic change of life. He may find out that trillions of people are tortured daily. He may find out a family member of his is tortured daily. He would have to come to terms with the fact that he will have to endure his own existance, without rest, for all eternity.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
And he would easily accept that. For if he believes in God FULLY, then he would understand all of this. Already he knows millions are tortured, when he did believe in God. So, going back to God, he would know this.Clearly he believes in Hell, and he MAY have a family member that would be in Hell. That wouldn't be a problem.

Since he would understand.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
There is a difference between saying you knowing and understanding the implications of torture. He'd have to accept that what Hitler did was tickle compared to what God allows.

And if he, or you, has no problem with that, then good for him. I'm just saying it may bother him, and if that's what he chooses to believe at the end, he'll have to accept this too.

Akai

Oh.
Objectively, mind. Make sure you see everything from a neutral point of view, regardless of how you feel. Also, ask yourself if you want comfort of truth. Realize that, whatever the truth is, you might not like it.

I'm kind of doing that, like almost similiar to a PRO and CON. Doing it like "if he exits then he does this, and if he doesn't then he doesn't do this."

Enigmacy

[Following my Path]
Website
s4.invisionfree.com
I believe in God and I think you shouldn't stop believing-you should never do that or doubt God. I do, in fact, wonder how God was made but I'm never guanna doubt Him. Your starting to disbelieve and ask these questions because Satan is confusing you. He's laughing at you for thinking of believing there is no God. Our religion, Christianity, is based upon Faith and, trust me, would you rather believe in nothing or believe in God? What do you have to lose? God is real and I'm 100% sure God is real. And, about someone just writing the bible for a joke, no one would do that back in the old days. Today, however, I believe someone with a sick mind would do it. That's what our world has come to-sin. The bible is real and God's deciples did write it. God died for your sins, he could've just let everyone suffer in hell and never know him. But, no, he was tortured and spit upon by humans as he died for us. Never stop believing- God loves you, don't turn your back on Him.

Skinwalker

Website
en.wikipedia.org
I believe in God and I think you shouldn't stop believing-you should never do that or doubt God. I do, in fact, wonder how God was made but I'm never guanna doubt Him. Your starting to disbelieve and ask these questions because Satan is confusing you. He's laughing at you for thinking of believing there is no God. Our religion, Christianity, is based upon Faith and, trust me, would you rather believe in nothing or believe in God? What do you have to lose? God is real and I'm 100% sure God is real. And, about someone just writing the bible for a joke, no one would do that back in the old days. Today, however, I believe someone with a sick mind would do it. That's what our world has come to-sin. The bible is real and God's deciples did write it. God died for your sins, he could've just let everyone suffer in hell and never know him. But, no, he was tortured and spit upon by humans as he died for us. Never stop believing- God loves you, don't turn your back on Him.

Someone shouldn't "believe" in something just because if that belief is correct they're screwed. A loving God surely would not condemn good people just for not believing in him, would he? Christianity isn't the only religion, and many religions promote love and compassion. And some are similar, just viewing God in different ways (such as Hinduism sees God as having different incarnations that together are one god, rather than there being many gods). A person should find their belief themselves, rather than being forced into it or believing "for the sake of it".

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan

....So, you're religion is right, and every other one is completley wrong? What makes you so sure "god" exist? What proof have YOU looked for that you're god, or even better, the bible was right? You're christian prep talks are freaking a joke. "Your starting to disbelieve and ask these questions because Satan is confusing you. He's laughing at you for thinking of believing there is no God". You know this, how? How do you know god isn't the one laughing at him, or you for that matter, that he is a "benevolent god"? What valid proof do you have to prove that ANYTHING in you're religion isn't false. You are probably one of the worst cases of "faith" on this forum. If you have "faith" in you're religion, then you are BLIND. Enlighten yourself. OPEN YOUR MIND >_<!

Enigmacy

[Following my Path]
Website
s4.invisionfree.com
You ask me how do I know God exists. I don't, but that's what Christian belief is, it's based on faith that there is a God. I have a question for you: How do you know He doesn't exist? I'd rather believe in having a soul and going to heaven then just dying and go nowhere after my death.

Edit: You're also saying you think I think I believe every other religion besides Christianity is wrong-I do because that's my belief, that there is a God. But I bet you believe every religions besides your is wrong, right?

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
You ask me how do I know God exists. I don't, but that's what Christian belief is, it's based on faith that there is a God. I have a question for you: How do you know He doesn't exist? I'd rather believe in having a soul and going to heaven then just dying and go nowhere after my death.

Ah, so you believe in wishful thinking then, right? There is no proof that God exist, nor is there proof that he doesn't(from the way I see it). Religion to me is simply a way to avoid seeking out the unknown answers that plague our minds. All you have to say is that "God did it" and the question is answered.

Edit: You're also saying you think I think I believe every other religion besides Christianity is wrong-I do because that's my belief, that there is a God. But I bet you believe every religions besides your is wrong, right?
That's neither here nor there simply because you believe doesn't mean that you criticize other peoples religion because you think yours is right. That is sign of arrogance and in my eyes stupidity instead of thinking one is wrong respect their decision to worship differently than you. I'm an atheist but I still respect other peoples religion and I do not see any of them as wrong or right for that is unknown and will remain unknown till we die. That is the one thing I can't stand about religious people, to have faith is one thing but to condemn others for thinking differently than you from a religious stand point is something I do not understand.

Sailor Moon

FIGHTING EVIL BY MOONLIGHT
god to me exisits some people say he doesnt but thats what they belive and thats what i belive so you juss have to think about it and decide for yourself

Enigmacy

[Following my Path]
Website
s4.invisionfree.com
You keep on saying I'm condemning your beliefs but aren't you doing the same to mine? I spoke out my opinion and somebody just said it was freaking stupid and useless. Your condemning my religion and beliefs, but you keep on blaming me for condemning yours. I have no proof God exists except for faith and the Bible. You also say you still don't jump on people for their religion, but aren't you jumping on me for my beliefs?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Trying to argue with someone that willingly forsakes the use of reason is like trying to give medicine to the dead.

yes how do all of you guys know he doesnt exist?

How do you know Apollo doesn't exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back