• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Square Enix releases new images of various Keyblades from Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Square Enix has just released images featuring the various Keyblades that can be found in Kingdom Hearts 3 on their press site. Below you can find the images for the San Fransokyo, Arendelle, Olympus, Monstropolis, the Carribean, Kingdom of Corona, Toy Box, and 100 Acre Wood Keyblades as well as Sora's Kingdom Key and Shooting Star Keyblades. 

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross]Kingdom Hearts III and all things Kingdom Hearts

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Whoa their so beautiful!! Definitely my favorites are the Toy Story, Frozen, PotC and Tangled Keyblades.

It's also amazing how both the Tangled and Frozen Keyblades are modeled after the buildings from the film such as Rapunzel's Tower for the Ever After Keyblade and Elsa's Ice palace for the Crystal Snow.

A little disappointed on the Ratatouille Keyblade not being shown, but on the other hand I'm satisfied on the Keyblades that are released by Square.

Also, first post!!!

GrumpyRoxy

Damn. I'm in love with absolutely all of them!
I'm actually pretty surprised that they're all so beautiful (to me). Much better than most BBS/DDD designs (and even KH1's)

devilsTrinity

Cool.. hope there are more than that. Especially since the Ratatouille one isn’t on there.. seems like everything I love about KH they’re doing less of...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Somebody at this company needs to learn how to export images correctly.

And that upscaling LQ images is going to result in garbage quality.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Damn. I'm in love with absolutely all of them!
I'm actually pretty surprised that they're all so beautiful (to me). Much better than most BBS/DDD designs (and even KH1's)
Curious on your thoughts on how the KH3 Keyblade compared to KH2's Keyblades?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
They look so great! 100 Acre Woods keyblade is so short haha. Also, is that a wrecking ball charm for the Kingdom of Corona keyblade?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
The Corona Keyblade is definitely my favorite. Very sleek.

They look so great! 100 Acre Woods keyblade is so short haha. Also, is that a wrecking ball charm for the Kingdom of Corona keyblade?
It's a frying pan. :D

Muke

whatever
Awards
Definitely like Shooting Star and Ever After the most. All of them are beautiful though!

mytomxxx

For sure this is the best keyblades' set in the series, all of them look really detailed and made with love. And none of them looks like paper keyblade.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
These keys are so much better than the BBS-DDD era! The only one that really stinks is the Hercules one, I mean, come on, that's just disgusting, but the rest are definitely middling to great! The Tangled blade is EXACTLY how I envisioned it in 2015. The tower makes for a perfect blade, and a burning sun is a much more elegant 'tooth' to the blade than, say, Punzie's hair or some lanterns, or a crown.

The Frozen blade is amazing, too! Simple, monochromatic, and yet with a very clear inspiration from the film. It's as simple as a KH1 Keyblade, but with a more unique silhouette. It's basically the sequel to KH1's Diamond Dust, but with a more robust blade.

The Pirate blade is a little unwieldy, but it fully makes up for it in the style department. We already know this one is the coolest. Nomura purposely made Follow The Wind from KH2 a little unassuming (I still liked it) because he KNEW he was going to follow it up with a perfect Black Pearl-inspired key.

The Toy Story, Monster's Inc, and Winnie the Pooh keys are pretty good though a little dorky, and the Big Hero 6, Shooting Star, and Hercules keys are not my cup of tea, really.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Ah finally got a good look a Arendelle's keyblade. Still not a fan of Infinity Badge. It is literally just a cactus attatched to a pair of wings, lol

GrumpyRoxy

Cool.. hope there are more than that. Especially since the Ratatouille one isn’t on there.. seems like everything I love about KH they’re doing less of...

I do understand your concern. But you gotta admit that most Keyblades in KH2 were pretty much useless no matter the ability or stats. (Like Wishing Lamp, Follow the Wind, Hidden Dragon, etc)

KH3 will feature transformations for each and every keyblade. If there were too many of them, probably they wouldn't be so unique.

mytomxxx

These keys are so much better than the BBS-DDD era! The only one that really stinks is the Hercules one, I mean, come on, that's just disgusting, but the rest are definitely middling to great! The Tangled blade is EXACTLY how I envisioned it in 2015. The tower makes for a perfect blade, and a burning sun is a much more elegant 'tooth' to the blade than, say, Punzie's hair or some lanterns, or a crown.

The Frozen blade is amazing, too! Simple, monochromatic, and yet with a very clear inspiration from the film. It's as simple as a KH1 Keyblade, but with a more unique silhouette. It's basically the sequel to KH1's Diamond Dust, but with a more robust blade.

The Pirate blade is a little unwieldy, but it fully makes up for it in the style department. We already know this one is the coolest. Nomura purposely made Follow The Wind from KH2 a little unassuming (I still liked it) because he KNEW he was going to follow it up with a perfect Black Pearl-inspired key.

The Toy Story, Monster's Inc, and Winnie the Pooh keys are pretty good though a little dorky, and the Big Hero 6, Shooting Star, and Hercules keys are not my cup of tea, really.

that's funny I really loved Hercules keyblade, the best of all other olympus keyblades. And tangled is my second least favorite, being the acre wood my least favorite, but doesn't mean I don't like them.

My fav ones are monster inc, potc and frozen no doubt.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Still missing Remy's keyblade unfortunately

I'm still hoping there are two hidden Disney keyblades. We still need the third Magic and Guardian drive forms

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I like the Shooting Star and the Crystal Snow.

Absolutely not for the Hercules, BH6 and Monster's Inc. blades.

The others are mostly boring or busy. I'll never understand the cactus.

devilsTrinity

I do understand your concern. But you gotta admit that most Keyblades in KH2 were pretty much useless no matter the ability or stats. (Like Wishing Lamp, Follow the Wind, Hidden Dragon, etc)

KH3 will feature transformations for each and every keyblade. If there were too many of them, probably they wouldn't be so unique.

thats a good point. I guess I just really enjoy different keyblade looks. I hope we get some like Lionheart and Ultima Weapon. But you’re right. I think I’m just still a little salty there’s only 8 Disney worlds.

Awards
More miss than hit, but the ones that look good look very good.
And everything looks much more tactile in UE4, which I'm a big fan of.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
These are looking great! I absolutely love renders, and we always need more keyblade renders in these games. Still peeved we never got a proper HD star seeker and master's defender render with 0.2, and REALLY peeved that we never got those glorious standalone renders for no name and the foreteller keyblades back in the day. Anyone know if anyone has ripped keyblade files from 0.2? Or if they even exist?

GrumpyRoxy

thats a good point. I guess I just really enjoy different keyblade looks. I hope we get some like Lionheart and Ultima Weapon. But you’re right. I think I’m just still a little salty there’s only 8 Disney worlds.

I feel you. But worry not, I'm sure we'll get some brand new keyblades that we are yet to see in game

Back